halamadrid2
Clutch
Thimmy
futbol_bill
10 posters

Go down

Rodrygo  Empty Rodrygo

Post by futbol_bill Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:52 pm

I’m wondering what the consensus regarding Rodrygo is?

I find I am excited about the squad and despite the injuries, team is exciting to watch. However I am disappointed with Rodrygo! He has his opportunity to break out and be the player we all hoped he would become. But he hasn’t. He isn’t any better than Asensio was. In the longer term, particularly with the play of Bellingham, it’s clear team will play with only 2 forwards that being Vinicius and whatever striker they sign next summer. However we still need at least 2 forwards that can be count on. I think it’s best to see what Brahim and soon Güler can do. Both can be alternatives.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Rodrygo  Empty Re: Rodrygo

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:54 pm

I also think Rodrygo has had a very slow progression since he joined us. He might just be a more late bloomer (relatively speaking), for all I know, but apart from impressing in the Champions League on occasion, I feel like his development has stagnated quite a bit. That said, I don't get the impression that right wing is his best position, and using him as a striker has not been a successful experiment, so far.

He might turn into a really good player one day, but I imagine it will be as an offensive midfielder or as a left winger where he can cut inside on his dominant foot. I'm not sure if we will ever be able to allow him to play in those positions.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:45 pm

Lol he's much better than asensio. I don't think he'll become a superstar but he does have moments of brilliance show up when we need it. I'd be interested to see him play as a SS but we're not really set up that way

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:53 pm

I have been very dissapointed with Rodrygo so far this season. He wanted to play continuously and he has done nothing to justify that faith. Apart from being wasteful in front of goal he isn't doing much at all. When we play a team like Union it's Rodrygo we want to count on but he still hides behind the flashes of good play he offers.

He has play from the left for all the games Vini has missed and his lack of pace and explosiveness has been exposed. The only reason why he'd even work as a RW is because our expectations from that wing is so low anyone that can score more than 1 goal is acceptable. The attack is still going to be divided 80% (left), 19% (centre) and 1% right whereas out attack has been predominantly from the right when Rodrygo has played from thr left.

He really needs to impose himself more and if the goals don't want to come he has to start assisting. A selfish player won't get far if he doesn't score a huge amount of goals to offset that selfishness.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:48 pm

You can’t fault his position when he had played most of games thus far from his preferred position. He just hasn’t done it, simple fact. Brahim on the other hand has only has about 10 minutes in total yet has impressed in every minute. It’s time to give him a chance and soon there will be Güler! We heard so much about him, with Rodrygo’s poor performances, it is time to see what they can do. And then there is Joselu who has looked much more dangerous than Rodrygo. With Vinicius about to return, it’s time IMO, to see what these three can offer.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:47 pm

futbol_bill wrote:You can’t fault his position when he had played most of games thus far from his preferred position. He just hasn’t done it, simple fact. Brahim on the other hand has only has about 10 minutes in total yet has impressed in every minute. It’s time to give him a chance and soon there will be Güler! We heard so much about him, with Rodrygo’s poor performances, it is time to see what they can do. And then there is Joselu who has looked much more dangerous than Rodrygo. With Vinicius about to return, it’s time IMO, to see what these three can offer.

Sure, he hasn't delivered on the left wing either. But that's right now. I'm more concerned with his future for us if he's going to be used in positions that he doesn't prefer, outside of the rare occasion that Vinicius gets injured.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:08 am

With the expected arrival of a CF and Endick maybe Nico Paz next summer plus Brahim and Güler, maybe Rodrygo’s future will be no different than Asensio! He has to break through this season or else! If he continues to waste his opportunities as starter, Carlo will have no choice but to try Brahim and Güler.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:03 pm

rodrygo needs to establish himself in one position. the jack of all trade type of player is one of the quickest ways of going to the bench. cos at some point, people might say why the hell dont we just get an actual rw. and he might not have developed himself to be good as a CF. but he's young i think he still has some time. if he gets to 24 and doesnt cement his place then its a problem
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:36 pm

Keep in mind that we're playing a formation that only works for Bellingham.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:Keep in mind that we're playing a formation that only works for Bellingham.

Lol, and what’s wrong with that! Just a month ago, you were suggesting they play a formation that suits Mbappe! Carlo has recognized that Bellingham has the potential to be a top player and has implemented a formation that not only benefits him, but also Mbappe if he does come!

As to Rodrygo, I believe he has blown his chance and will become another Asensio, a player with talent best used as a reserve. Next season, he loses his starter position and will be challenged for minutes from Brahim (who IMO has shown much more promise), Güler and whatever other youth talent they may bring in e.g. Endick, Nico Paz, Arribas, Kubo).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:05 pm

ESPN has a rumor out today that Rodrygo will be sold next summer.

Seems club will try to sign either Mbappe or Haaland (or Julian Alvarez) plus they are after Davies and a RB. All of that will cost plus a huge increase in salary costs. Selling off someone does make sense.

It’s seems pretty clear that Rodrygo isn’t going to “break out” this year plus he is now stating he doesn’t like the position he is playing, yet there isn’t another position he can play. Meanwhile Joselu is proving to be a better option and Brahim has looked good in the few minutes he has been given. If we look to next year, the starters will be whoever they sign as CF plus Vinicius. Joselu and Brahim could be backup to them, if they are retained. they both accept the backup role are not expensive and have the talent to contribute.

For those of you still questioning the formation, even if it is changed, the 3rd forward will be Bellingham backed up by Güler.

So although this is just a rumor, and I’m sure club will give him amble opportunities to get his act together in rest of season. The other factor is Rodrygo is probably the only player that could fetch a decent price.

But I think his sale, given the club’s acquisition plans, makes a lot of sense.

What do you think of this rumor?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:21 am

Bill :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:24 pm

Not sure Perez will give up on him so fast. Rodrygo is a prototype Pep player. Could see Pep getting the best out of him. He just hasn't progressed at all this season and those quotes do not paint him in the best of lights. It's up to him to shape how we play. When things didn't work out for Vini in preseason he startee playing differently and Bellingham has been absolutely fantastic playing around that. When Vini was injured Rodrygo was essentially the "face of the team" he had a free role and he did arguably worse then than he does right now as a CF. I think he needs a coach who micromanages him rather than one who gives him freedom to do his thing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:25 pm

Hala, you’re ignoring what has been stated as Flo’s acquisitions plans.

Basically, we will have 3 of top 4 or 5 in world as a front line. And all of them are young! Where do you foresee Rodrygo fitting in there, other than a backup. Plus there also will be Endick to consider.

As I said earlier, I believe club will give him amble opportunities the rest of this season. But if he doesn’t improve dramatically his days are numbered. He will generate a good amount from a sale.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:14 pm

Just signed a 2-year contract extension to 2028, unlikely he's going anywhere in the short term

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:02 pm

Needs to play on the right.

System favors one players.

Change it accommodate all three. Jude, Vini and Rodrygo
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:43 pm

Nivash wrote:Just signed a 2-year contract extension to 2028, unlikely he's going anywhere in the short term

signing an extension doesn't mean a person is not moving. you can extend a contract to make sure a player doesn't go on a free transfer or less than what the club thinks he is worth. i think Florentino will be willing to listen to reasonable offers. i also think Rodrygo will explore the market to see if he can get a better situation.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:05 am

He had a contract till 2026, so there was no risk of any of those situations. While there is a chance that he moves in the future, signing an extension means it's not in the short-term future

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:29 am

Y'all talk about this guy like he is dire.

Rodrygo will come through. Just surprising its taking longer than expected but as of the last couple of games i think he's turned it around. Needs more consistency sure but i like where he is at atm.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:21 pm

This was an interesting watch

Thimmy
Thimmy