Post by Arquitecto Sat 30 Dec 2023 - 17:40

Damn that is such touching leadership. Good on you Kylian

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Mbappe may be headed to EPL - Page 2 Empty Re: Mbappe may be headed to EPL

Post by sportsczy Sat 30 Dec 2023 - 17:58

Just because he’s tough with clubs and negotiates hard, fans and clubs don’t like him. But the truth is, clubs are ruthless. I’m all for players taking power away from greedy club owners. It’s not like clubs show any loyalty to players.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat 30 Dec 2023 - 18:08

That's how it is for any business. An employee staying loyal to any company is laughable given one leaves they will replace you with another. Loyalty is such a blurred concept as in the 9-5 it's always better to keep shifting and earn promotions. They dont owe you loyalty either and Kylian by this point is bigger than a club that wasnt even made in the 60s.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 30 Dec 2023 - 19:46

I was talking more about Real Madrid... they feel that Mbappe "owes" them loyalty although he's never even played there. He owes Real Madrid absolutely nothing and vice versa.

The funny part is that Real Madrid fans call Mbappe a mercenary for deciding to stay with the same club looooooooool.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat 30 Dec 2023 - 19:58

sportsczy wrote:
titosantill wrote:Mbappe's either staying in psg or going to city. the club better be smart and look at attainable targets. If we continue with this circus, one day we'll wake up and find toni kroos has been converted to a center forward.

There's also Liverpool... they're hovering in the periphery. Similar to Madrid, Klopp has been trying to get Mbappe since he was a kid, as has Liverpool. There's a strong relationship there.

i don't know if pool has the financial capacity to make that move. i think its a two horse race between city and psg
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 30 Dec 2023 - 20:14

titosantill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
titosantill wrote:Mbappe's either staying in psg or going to city. the club better be smart and look at attainable targets. If we continue with this circus, one day we'll wake up and find toni kroos has been converted to a center forward.

There's also Liverpool... they're hovering in the periphery. Similar to Madrid, Klopp has been trying to get Mbappe since he was a kid, as has Liverpool. There's a strong relationship there.

i don't know if pool has the financial capacity to make that move. i think its a two horse race between city and psg

That's the question. If they pay Mbappe, can they pay anyone else lol. The owner of Liverpool also owns the Boston Red Sox and they aren't spending money either. I get the feeling that they are having financial issues.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun 31 Dec 2023 - 8:24

If mbappe goes to city, maybe we can get Alvarez. I like what I've seen from him

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun 31 Dec 2023 - 14:31

sportsczy wrote:I was talking more about Real Madrid... they feel that Mbappe "owes" them loyalty although he's never even played there. He owes Real Madrid absolutely nothing and vice versa.

The funny part is that Real Madrid fans call Mbappe a mercenary for deciding to stay with the same club looooooooool.

My bad. And yes I would expect this of Real Madrid who seem to see themselves as the footballers pilgrimage to migrate to.

I admit I saw Mbappe in an unsavoury way during these sagas but Ive seen the truth and he simply just holds his own and has the right to.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 31 Dec 2023 - 23:42

So Mbappe already told Real Madrid (and others) to begin setting up preliminary meetings with Mbappe's agent and lawyer, according to Le Parisien.  PSG is one of them.  These preliminary meetings are intended to get each club's outlines of the player offer and sporting project.

Once the finalists are chosen, a second meeting will be scheduled followed by formal bids by each club.  Likely a 2-3 month process.

This is not a one-horse race by any means.  And the process is non-negotiable.  Mbappe intends to run this US style and it will be an auction of sorts.
Spoiler:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 1:57

If true, your spoiler says otherwise, Flo should initiate the Haaland attempt!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 3:07

Haaland is not going to happen.  His contract runs through 2027 and City will not sell.  The "release clause" was debunked by Haaland's agent, Rafaela Pimenta, as she said:  " I think it is inaccurate to say that Erling does what he wants. Is not true. Erling is always going to do what is good for him and for his club, Manchester City. When everyone is willing to make a change, it will be done."

My guess? 2 years before his contract runs out, which is the summer of 2025, is the earliest he can leave.  City cannot let him leave without getting a big fee.  It will likely coincide with Pep's departure (his contract ends in the summer of 2025).  So nothing this summer.  City is also preparing an extension offer that would double his wages (and equal what Mbappe makes at PSG).  We'll see.

I don't think it's prudent to expect clubs like PSG and City to sell unless the players' contract runs out or they get a crazy offer.  I can't even remember a player being able to force their way out.  So Julian Alvarez is unlikely too as his contract with City run until 2028.  BUT, if Mbappe goes to City, then Alvarez may become available.

Who else if not Mbappe, Haaland or Alvarez?  Very very hard.  Osimhen is still out there and that's it.  I would also add depth and hope Endrick evolves.  For depth... Golovin has been extremely good for Monaco and he is a natural right winger.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 17:32

....and that my friends is why the time to go for those players was when they were in monaco and dortmund. Granted teams are wary of getting into a bidding war. But the fact is, you have a strong shot at signing said player. Now if they end up at psg or city, forget about it. Why would a player want to even leave those sides anyway. They're competing for titles and they have the financial strength to take care of their players.

I don't believe there are no strikers out there. Madrid should do their homework and not hope for free transfer miracles on guys like mbappe n haaland. i'm sure there are strikers that can score goals at a high clip, its up to the club to do its homework.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 19:54

Same with Bayern, Liverpool, Man U, etc. Madrid used to get players from some of the other big clubs... because we paid the highest transfer fees and the highest wages. Those days are gone.

Before 2010, Real Madrid had the highest wages by far and many of the highest transfer fees ever. I want to say that Zidane, R9, Kaka, Figo and CR7 were literally the top 5 in 2010 (or close to it).

The tables have turned. The playing field in terms of money is more than even.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 1 Jan 2024 - 22:32

Liverpool being officially mentioned as a landing spot for Mbappe by Dominique Sévérac (very credible) here:

https://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/psg/mercato-paris-real-madrid-liverpool-en-fin-de-contrat-le-30-juin-kylian-mbappe-a-lembarras-du-choix-01-01-2024-OADSAWUNMZAFTB4UQI3SJYOQNE.php?ts=1704116234116

The big note also is that PSG extension is also a very credible option according to the same article.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 2 Jan 2024 - 14:18

I would be over the moon for Mbappe. Long decided ago he is the best player in the world. Does not choke in most big games like Haaland, far more multi dimensional and finds a way out of the toughest situations against adversity in a game.

Absolute baller.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue 2 Jan 2024 - 17:10

It will be either City or Real, any other club fancying him would be wishful thinking.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 2 Jan 2024 - 19:17

Very wrong Pedram. According to a couple of media people today, Mbappe is hosting a Liverpool team in Paris this week. They are apparently going to be extremely aggressive and give him the same financial package as he has at PSG (!!!) + at 160 million euro signing bonus.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue 2 Jan 2024 - 21:48

I don’t see Flo playing this game again! If he doesn’t commit to RMad, either in public or privately, by Jan 15th, I think Flo will pursue other opportunities.

If Mbappe is indeed the mercenary we think, then let him go to highest bidder, so much about him wanting to win!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 2 Jan 2024 - 21:55

Again, he can't be a mercenary if he's only played for 3 clubs in his entire life...  AS Bondy from the ages of 6 through 13, Monaco for 5 years (ages 13 through 18) and PSG for 7 years.  That's the exact opposite of being a mercenary.  Heck, even PSG fans have said they have no issues with him leaving at this point.  He's done everything he could for the club.  He's shown more loyalty than any other player I have seen.

He was offered more money by Man U, Liverpool and Real Madrid at the age of 13... but preferred Monaco because he wanted to stay in France and the academy was better.

Real Madrid offered more money than PSG when he was leaving Monaco...  but Madrid would not guarantee him to start as BBC was there.  PSG did.  Growing up a PSG fan helped.

He renewed at PSG...  because of his brother Ethan and Macron/Qatar asking him to stay with the World Cup coming in Qatar 6 months later.  Yes, he got paid.  But Madrid was willing to pay too.  

Now he is getting bids from all relevant interested parties...  to choose which combination of project and money suits him the best.  Again, Madrid is there.  But it will come down to finances and circumstances. The Madrid fan anxiety against him is not helpful here.

Getting the best deal he possibly can while still playing at an elite club is very smart.  Real Madrid cannot offer him less than his market value. They also need to show love to Mbappe, not the other way around. Ultimatums are ridiculous.

He may end up at Real Madrid.  But Madrid has to put in some work. If the reports are true regarding the approach, Madrid has no chance frankly imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 2 Jan 2024 - 22:13

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/02/football-transfer-rumours-kylian-mbappe-real-madrid-liverpool

The Guardian mentions Liverpool as a suitor.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kylian-mbappe-transfer-liverpool-named-28374064

Liverpool Echo as well.

They are both quoting Le Parisien to be fair, since it's a credible source.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51184842

MBappe showing that he watches Liverpool and admires how they play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue 2 Jan 2024 - 23:30

It was you at one time saying he wasn’t in it for the money and that he wanted to go to a winner.

I really don’t see City going after him because they already have Haaland and don’t believe they could play together.

And Liverpool just doesn’t have the squad that both City and RMad have.

You keep assuming that Madrid needs him to be successful. I say it’s the other way around.

Keep in mind the wonderful dynamics at Madrid right now and how everyone gets along. Will Mbappe be a primadona that disrupts the team chemistry or will he fit in.

And you saying fan base may kill any deal! lol 😆, do you really think us fans have any say or influence in acquisitions?

We can have opinions and criticisms before and after. But ZERO influence.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 2 Jan 2024 - 23:46

Not in it for the money... meaning if lesser clubs offer him more money, he won't do it (Saudi offered him 1 billion for 2 years).  If 4 of the elite 9 teams in Europe (Madrid, Barca, City, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern, PSG, Juventus) are offering him similarly big contracts, why would he take less???  explain it to me.  He's not a Madrid fan and he's not Spanish.  Why would he take less to come to Madrid?  He may take less to go to a better league (my argument)... But if EPL teams are offering huge money, why would he take less to come to La Liga?

Liverpool has the best defense, bar none, in Europe.  Best keeper as well IMO.  They are going to sell Salah this summer.  I believe they will present an ambitious project to Mbappe with Klopp at the helm.  The fund that owns them can certainly afford it... although they have been careful.  IMO, they don't want to spend big money on fringe stars but will make a run at Mbappe and a couple more big names if he comes.  They are top of the table in EPL with a mostly young team.

Other than his run-ins with Neymar, Icardi and Paredes (for lack of professionalism)... he's had zero issues with teammates.  Just listen to Herrera's interview after he left PSG.  He's just a very demanding of himself and his teammates.  As an example, he was given the captaincy of France.  But, he wanted to show respect to the other leaders of the team.  So he's letting Griezmann, Giroud and Maignan take his interview spots.  According to Deschamps, that has allowed the team to come together and build cohesion as a group, as opposed to around one individual.  If he was selfish, he would take all the attention himself.

Any yes, fan support and overall team environment plays a big role in a player's choice if all else is equal.  Madrid is not offering more money or anything else for him to ignore this aspect.

Now, he is very stubborn. So he may just want to come to Madrid to prove a point. However, Carlo will have to guarantee him his preferred playing position (left striker). Will Carlo do that?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 0:56

And once again you bring up the Vinicius conflict? Last I heard Madrid was offering what he was demanding.

I still say we don’t need him to be successful. We already have top players in Bellingham, Vinicius, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Valverde, Militao, Rudiger, Courtois and hopefully Davies. Promising talent in Güler, Endick and Nico Paz and effective forwards in Rodrygo and Brahim. We aren’t missing a lot!

I honestly feel we are better off without him, if what you say he is bringing baggage with him. It’s what I used to say when I was looking for systems solutions. We were looking for an integrated piece of puzzle not switching to another solution.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 1:50

That's the thing... he's not looking to integrate into anything.  Mbappe wants to be the piece that the attack is built around (similar to CR7 when he joined; we committed to it).  So Madrid has to give him that level of commitment or he won't come.

I think the money will be fine.  Seems EPL is raising the bar a bit but Madrid can match IMO. But it won't be more. That's why I'm saying the intangible factors become important if the monetary playing field is even.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 2:24

Good luck in EPL!

That’s Literally starting over again to build team and throw out the recruitment that’s been done last 5 years. It makes zero sense, especially how good they already are, just missing a few pieces. As I said, we don’t need him. At this point, I hope your speculation is right.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 2:28

futbol_bill wrote:Good luck in EPL!

That’s Literally starting over again to build team and throw out the recruitment that’s been done last 5 years. It makes zero sense, especially how good they already are, just missing a few pieces. As I said, we don’t need him. At this point, I hope your speculation is right.

Before you say that, let's see how the team performs in the 2nd half of the season and in the elimination rounds of CL.

This "we don't need Mbappe" thing is emotional IMO. Everyone who can get him will want him... hence why Madrid keeps trying. Also, you need that killer scorer that can win games where you're coming out second best... as Benzema did last time we won CL and CR7/Bale/Di Maria before him.

Imo, Madrid is going to get eliminated in the quarter-finals of CL and come up just short in La Liga because of the lack of a killer forward.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next