Good signing ?

Gervinho - Page 5 Vote_lcap72%Gervinho - Page 5 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 31 ]
Gervinho - Page 5 Vote_lcap28%Gervinho - Page 5 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 43

Gervinho - Page 5 Empty Re: Gervinho

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:07 pm

The best thing i like is he is versatile.. He can play in the wings too.. Certainly an upgrade over Bendtner, Vela or Chamakh..

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Is it me or do Arsenal fans see this aswell?

Reminds me alot of Ljungberg that he is very direct and always looks to run behind the defence and scores goals. ( He obviously has other abilitys that makes him unique but i do see some similarities)

Maybe the missing link in the Arsenal attack, iam upset we were not able to get him but iam happy that he went to a team that will play football that suits him.

Good luck for the upcoming season except for on August 13th ofc Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:53 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Is it me or do Arsenal fans see this aswell?

Reminds me alot of Ljungberg that he is very direct and always looks to run behind the defence and scores goals. ( He obviously has other abilitys that makes him unique but i do see some similarities)

Maybe the missing link in the Arsenal attack, iam upset we were not able to get him but iam happy that he went to a team that will play football that suits him.

I think that game is in mind many Arsenal players, they dont have good memory the last time they met. Very Happy

Good luck to your team also.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 am

Ljunberg was THE MASTER of making runs behind defenses. He always made the right run at the right place at the right time, and his finishing was excellent. Gervinho seems to have Ljunberg's directness in that respect. He's always trying to get behind defenses, and we've been missing that for a while as Walcott is only good at making runs when there's a lot of space open (which is not that often in the EPL) whilst Nasri's off-the-ball movement is quite poor.

Time will tell whether he will be as good as Ljunberg was, in terms of off-the-ball-movement, but I have my doubts about that as Ljunberg is one of the most underrated players out there. He was excellent.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:32 am

Ljunberg was a different class!! As far as Gervinho is concerned, I want him to play his own game without getting bogged into our mentality of trying to get one extra pass in the attempt to score perfect goals.. While he was direct in the first two matches he played for us, I didn't see much of this in the third, when he was more keen on a pass than a shot..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:31 am

What are you talking about? Against NYRB Gervinho should've had one goal or one assist, but he completely ruined the chance he got.
He was making those runs against NYRB...Players can't change their styles in one day mate, and he is definitely not "affected" by our style as much as you'd think. He made those runs, and he had two chances to score but he missed them both.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Iceman wrote:

Ljunberg was THE MASTER of making runs behind defenses. He always made the right run at the right place at the right time, and his finishing was excellent. Gervinho seems to have Ljunberg's directness in that respect. He's always trying to get behind defenses, and we've been missing that for a while as Walcott is only good at making runs when there's a lot of space open (which is not that often in the EPL) whilst Nasri's off-the-ball movement is quite poor.

Time will tell whether he will be as good as Ljunberg was, in terms of off-the-ball-movement, but I have my doubts about that as Ljunberg is one of the most underrated players out there. He was excellent.

Naturally, i too have doubts he would end being better than Ljungberg who was ridiculously underrated.

My point was really aimed at belief that i see similarities between the two and Gervinho has something Arsenal's attack has been missing since Ljungberg left atleast imo anyways.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Yeah, I agree on those points. He's also the only winger with decent finishing. He has a 0.4 goal ratio or something with Lille, which is fantastic for a winger. IS NOT INJURY PRONE, is also a huge plus. I'm tired of paper maché players.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Iceman wrote:What are you talking about? Against NYRB Gervinho should've had one goal or one assist, but he completely ruined the chance he got.
He was making those runs against NYRB...Players can't change their styles in one day mate, and he is definitely not "affected" by our style as much as you'd think. He made those runs, and he had two chances to score but he missed them both.

Yeah? I somehow remember things a bit differently, I hope you are right on this one Smile My judgement, unfortunately, was based on a crappy stream Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5