Official: Menez to PSG

+2
JAY-Z
ErPupone
6 posters

Go down

Official: Menez to PSG Empty Official: Menez to PSG

Post by ErPupone Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:39 pm

All that was missing was an official statement, which was recently released from the official Paris Saint-Germain website: Jeremy Menez is a new player for PSG. The Frenchman has signed a three-year contract and will replace the red-blue team another former Roma player, Ludovic Giuly, who has recently been released from the team after three years of service.

For a little over a couple of hours, Jérémy Menez is officially a new player of Paris Saint-Germain and, immediately after the presentation at the Parc des Princes, the Frenchman released his first statement: "I'm here for the project of PSG, it is a great pleasure and honor to play for this club. When I was little I came to see Ronaldinho playing in this stadium, I hope to offer fans the same show that he gave them. I want to help the management to build a great team. Ménez closed with a thought to the gialloroossi: "I want to thank the Roma management."

Official: Menez to PSG Photo-afp

Official: Menez to PSG Menez-n-a-pas-hesite-une-seconde-avant-de-signer-au-psg-iconsport_cuc_250711_01_05,22384
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Official: Menez to PSG Empty Re: Official: Menez to PSG

Post by JAY-Z Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:43 pm

For how much money?!! I hope its above 10m!
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:13 pm

8 million... you guys really need better business people running your club lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:17 pm

No official word on the transfer fee yet, but we're still awaiting an official statement from Roma's website. According to various sources, though, the original transfer fee is 8 million euros, which could go up to 9 million after bonuses.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:8 million... you guys really need better business people running your club lol.

Can't get much better than Sabatini and Baldini...
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:15 pm

Thanks PSG Very Happy
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:22 pm

I think we're playing PSG tomorrow.I wonder will Menez play... Laughing
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:37 pm

ErPupone wrote:
sportsczy wrote:8 million... you guys really need better business people running your club lol.

Doesn't Baldini start in 2012?
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:49 pm

^^^^^ Baldini has been pulling the strings for the past few months ..

It was him who brought in Enrique and Sabatini...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:10 am

Honestly, lets take a step back here and reflect upon Sabatini and Baldini's job thus far...

- We signed a relegated Argentine teams star for over 10 million.

- We paid over 12 million for a glorified loan of a young Spanish player.

- We sold Menez for 8 million. The guy is 24 and has immense talent and potential.

- We lowballed Ajax on Stekelenburg, and almost bought Kameni aka Doni V2. (Who knows how this will play out).

- We haven't sold Vucinic who for the last few years has expressed his desire to find a new home, and a change of scenery.

So far Sabatini and Baldini get a big FKKKKKK U from me. They are taking massive gambles on all these unseasoned players from other leagues.

I'm pretty disappointed with the summer so far...I'd never thought I would say this but I wish Prade and Montali were at the helms right now...That Menez deal is worse then Adriano and Baptista combined... When you got a talent like that you have to try to keep it.

Sigh sigh sigh

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:32 am

narbeZ wrote:Honestly, lets take a step back here and reflect upon Sabatini and Baldini's job thus far...

- We sold Menez for 8 million. The guy is 24 and has immense talent and potential.

- We lowballed Ajax on Stekelenburg, and almost bought Kameni aka Doni V2. (Who knows how this will play out).

- We haven't sold Vucinic who for the last few years has expressed his desire to find a new home, and a change of scenery.

So far Sabatini and Baldini get a big FKKKKKK U from me. They are taking massive gambles on all these unseasoned players from other leagues.

I'm pretty disappointed with the summer so far...I'd never thought I would say this but I wish Prade and Montali were at the helms right now...That Menez deal is worse then Adriano and Baptista combined... When you got a talent like that you have to try to keep it.

Sigh sigh sigh

I can't for the life of me figure out why you rate Menez so highly..The guy is a diver, very inconsistent,lazy,selfish,terrible shooting abilities and can only play in one position which is behind the 2 strikers ..It is not worth building a team around such a player...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:57 am

InterMalia wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Doesn't Baldini start in 2012?

He officially will be part of our staff starting in October, but he's been present so far and, as Dave said, brought in everyone else in our staff. The only thing is that he hasn't said much in public simply because he's not allowed to yet.

narbeZ wrote:Honestly, lets take a step back here and reflect upon Sabatini and Baldini's job thus far...

Sigh sigh sigh

Ok I know you really like Menez so I understand that you're not happy about what's been going on. But it would be fair to look at things as they are.

Lamela? Yes, Velez was relegated. Despite this, he's one of the brightest talents that the country had. Sabatini spent a lot of time in Argentina (even prior to joining us) and has a vast knowledge about that region. We should trust him in this "gamble" given his knowledge and good track record in recruiting youngsters.

Bojan? We didn't pay 12 million for a loan. The payment only has to go in before the loan ends and we'll get it back.

Stekelenburg? We started our bidding low and, if the rumours circulating today are in fact true, we got a better deal than we even hoped for, because Sabatini even said last week that Stekelenburg is worth more.

We let Menez go because, despite his unquestionable talent, he does not have the character nor determination to be a leader on this team and we could not build a team around him. As Dave said, he could only play as a trequartista and is just not capable of playing as a winger, so tactically he would have difficulty fitting in to our new system. He did not put in enough effort (unlike Vucinic). A player like him has to be able to be the focal point of the team and he just didn't fit the bill mentally. I'm sorry to say it because I had high hopes for him, but he just didn't want to play for us. I know a talent like him should be preserved, but we just couldn't waste anymore time on him. He had three years and was given many chances... sadly he couldn't pull through. As I said in another thread, I wouldn't be surprised if this deal has a Gourcuff-like result, but it's something we just had to do.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:10 am

Menez is a winger through and through. That's his role in PSG on the right side.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Always liked Menez as a footballer. I think he is certainly capable of playing as a winger. It's where he played with Sochaux and Monaco after all and it's where he currently plays for France. It was only with us that he began to be played more centrally.

The only reason Menez failed as a winger with us is because he simply wasn't involved enough in our attacks. That could be his fault for not searching for the ball more and that could be our midfield's or full-back's fault for not bringing him into the play more.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:Menez is a winger through and through. That's his role in PSG on the right side.

I can't speak for his past in the French league, but with us he was completely incapable of playing on the wing. Perhaps it was because of the differences between French and Italian football. But with us, he would just get lost out on the wing and you could even forget that he was playing for long periods of time. His work rate just wasn't high enough to cut it as a good winger in Italian football. He would only be useful as an attacking midfielder, often behind two strikers. He needed to be given the freedom to roam where he wanted to in order to see as much of the ball as possible. He needs to be on the ball or else he just doesn't add anything to the team.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum