BeautifulGame
Swanhends
Ganso
poolsupporter
Lex
Arsenalfaithfull
11 posters

Go down

Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like Empty Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:16 am

After all the talk about Arsenal being in shambles once Nasri and Fabregas leave settles down, one has got to ask themselves if we are actually as eff'ed as everyone else makes us out to be . A MF trio of Song-Ramsey-Wilshere (with the support of Arshavin, and ROsicky ) will still cause problems for any team in the PL. What do you rank this midfield out of the teams in Pl and Europe?

I am no sure about Europe, but I honestly believe we have enough grit and flair for us to comfortably sit in the 2nd best position right behind City.

1.Man City
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea (If they get that hobgoblin modric)
4. Liverpool
5. united
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like Empty Re: Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like

Post by Lex Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 am

Is that 2nd without Nasri and Fabregas?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like Empty Re: Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:36 am

Liverpool's mid field probability if we play 4-2-3-1

Lucas-Adam
Suarez-Gerrard-Downing
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:38 am

We have a better midfield than Chelsea and City

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:44 am

1-Arsenal
2-Liverpool
3-Man City
4-Chelsea
5-United
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:47 am

united
arsenal
liverpool
city
chelsea

as things stand
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:49 am

If we include wide options in the midfield, then United considerably improve. Their wide options are better than the other 4 teams combined

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:52 am

Lex wrote:Is that 2nd without Nasri and Fabregas?

Ya . I cant see us , or any other team in the league matching a midf of Toure, Nasri, Silva

I chose Chelsea as the 3rd best not taking into consideration that Essien is our for 4 months now? So they are definately not the rd best .

Liverpool are left with an actual CM figure in Adam, It will probably bring out the best in Gerrard, while having Miresel and Herderson probably providing help in the offencive dept.

United will go back to thier typical style, with ball carriers on the side.

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:26 am

Including wide options as currently stands i would say:

Spurs
United
Arsenal
Liverpool - City
Chelsea

I think its unfair to leave out Spurs who have the best midfield in the league atleast until they sell Modric.I dont think there is much btw Liverpool and city midfield and not much behind Arsenal either.

United have the best wide players in the league by a distance so that makes up for their weak CM IMO.And one would expect Chelsea to sign a CM and wide player before the window ends which would dramatically improve their midfield quality.

I dont think losing Nasri will have that big an impact on Arsenal as Gervinho could replace him.Afterall Nasri just had a good 6 months not like world class for years.

But if they lose Fabregas then i think they will have the weakest midfield among Top 5 when the window ends.

United - Carrck Fletcher Nani Young Valencia Anderson

Liverpool - Gerrard Lucas Meireles Adam Suarez Downinh Henderson

City - De Jong Yaya Barry Milner Johnson Silva

Chelsea - Lampard Malouda Benayoun Rameires Mikel Modric (?)

Arsenal - Wilshere Ramsey Nasri Walcott Gervinho Song

Spurs - VDV Bale Lennon Huddlestone Sandro

Dont think there would be much btw Chelsea City and us if Chelsea sign a CM like Modric but Arsenal will be weaken if they lose Fabregas and fail to replace him IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:16 am

I really think City need another creative midfielder.

I don't know what happened to Milner. He was great with Villa when deploed in the central role, and had great passing range and movement. Then he was used in right side of 4-3-3 at City and his confidence was ruined and never recovered his good form.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:20 am

Sepi wrote:his confidence was ruined and never recovered his good form.
Good. Let's hope he never recovers it
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:35 am

Even if Nasri leaves we still would have the best midfield in the PL.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:40 am

1-Arsenal
2-Liverpool
2-Man city
2-Man u
2-Chlsea
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:51 am

1. Man United
2. Chelsea
3. Man City
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:55 am

Arsenal will still have the best midfield, by far. Even if they lose Nasri, although I don't think they will lose Cesc so I'm counting him in.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:19 am

if we are purely talking midfields..

1. arsenal
2. man city
3. man u
4. chelsea
5. liverpool

arsenal have always had a strong midfield, its their defense and goal tending that worries most fans i assume.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:21 am

We even got stronger with Gervinho, we have one of the best midfield in Europe.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:25 am

If our midfield is so shit, I wonder how come we manage to dominate the midfield most of the time we face those other 4 teams Laughing

Adam dominated United's midfield twice this season, and dominated Modric both times that Spurs played Tottenham. Modric again was dominated by Lucas and Meireles at SJP. Lucas dominated Chelsea's midfield both times ... again Lucas, Meireles and Gerrard absolutely ran riot against Unites's midfield at Anfield.

Last but not least, Lucas and Spearing made Yaya and Barry look like sunday league players :coffee:

I think Spearing and Lucas did quite well at Emarites considering they had to protect 2 fullbacks that aren't even legally allowed to drink in the country 🤡

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:37 am

If we're talking strictly about central players then it's difficult to match the creativity of Cesc-Wilshere-Song.

Likewise, the most physically imposing midfield would probably be Chelsea's.

The most complete midfield goes to Liverpool, for me. They have a very good blend of playmakers and grafters, plus a couple that can do both.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:44 am

We even got stronger with Gervinho, we have one of the best midfield in Europe.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:58 am

in terms of goal scoring midfield it would look like this
1. Arsenal
2. Liverpool
3. United
4. City
5. Chelsea
In overall terms
1. United
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. City
5. Liverpool
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:32 am

Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like Sql8qc

Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like 2qjzuxx

Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like Ot3jsy

Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like Nvrsj6

Rank what you think the top 5 PL midfield is going to look like 2enuejp

that makes things a bit easier :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down