BarrileteCosmico
Art Morte
Babun
johniet
awalezelin
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

should argentina ......... Empty should argentina .........

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:41 am

under new coach, should argentina call back riquelme into their nt squad considering his B+ performance vs arsenal where he gave 2 assists for boca
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

should argentina ......... Empty Re: should argentina .........

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:47 am

Juan Roman Riquelme: If Argentina need me, I will be there

The playmaker would love to return to international football for the World Cup qualifiers, and also defended Lionel Messi from post-Copa America criticisms in Argentina

Boca Juniors star Juan Roman Riquelme has affirmed that he would be available to play once more for Argentina should he receive the call, while lamenting the instability in the team demonstrated by Sergio Batista's short stint as the Seleccion coach.

The 33-year-old No. 10 has not played in the Albiceleste for over two years, after resigning under the reign of Diego Maradona due to personal differences with the trainer. He had been more receptive to a return under Batista, but spent long periods of the last year on the treatment table and eventually missed out on a call-up to the Copa America.

Speaking the day after 'Checho' was removed from his charge by Julio Grondona and the AFA, Roman once put himself at the disposition of whoever succeeded.

"If they need me for the qualifiers, I will return. If not, the Seleccion has some wonderful players", the veteran of 51 international caps revealed in an interview with Cadena COPE. He also argued that if his country wished to be competitive once more, they had to give their coaches more time.

"It is not a good thing to change the trainer every eight, nine months. I hope they bring in one now who they can leave a long time there."

Riquelme finished by talking about former Olympic gold medal-winning team mate Lionel Messi, and was baffled by the rough reception the Ballon d'Or holder received in some quarters following Argentina's quarter-final elimination.

"Us Argentines are a little bit special, we have the best player on the planet and instead of enjoying him we are always questioning why he does not play like in Barcelona. In the Copa he was the best of the lot, but if we don't win they always go after him and that is not good," he asserted.

Argentina's World Cup qualifying campaign kicks off in October, with a home clash against Chile.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/585/argentina/2011/07/26/2592110/juan-roman-riquelme-if-argentina-need-me-i-will-be-there
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:51 am

is it coincidence that argentina always struggle when the time riquelme quit from nt

i don't think so.......

by the way, the time riquelme quit from maradona nt, he was the top scorer for argentina 2010 wc qualifying
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:05 am

i dont think riquelme is the answer..it is pastore but the coaches dont take him into account
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:06 am

johniet wrote:i dont think riquelme is the answer..it is pastore but the coaches dont take him into account

if i'm not mistaken, pastore had play in the copa 2011, even though not every match, he is still not the quick answer

for me, the quick answer is riquelme

by the time he retired from football, then argentina can use player like pastore, lamela, alvarez & whoever
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:07 am

awalezelin wrote:
johniet wrote:i dont think riquelme is the answer..it is pastore but the coaches dont take him into account

if i'm not mistaken, pastore had play in the copa 2011, even though not every match, he is still not the quick answer

by the time he retired from football, then argentina can use player like pastore, lamela, alvarez & whoever
Wrong, you need to start introducing Pastore now so he can be ready for WC and other majour tournaments Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:12 am

babun1024 wrote:
awalezelin wrote:

Wrong, you need to start introducing Pastore now so he can be ready for WC and other majour tournaments Very Happy

but i'm puzzled why when zidane want to do a comeback for france, almost everyone accept it

but when it comes to riquelme, it is the opposite

scratch
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:14 am

awalezelin wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
awalezelin wrote:

but i'm puzzled why when zidane want to do a comeback for france, almost everyone accept it

scratch
How old is Riquelme now? How old will he be in 2 years? Did France have any other number 10s to replace Zidane at that time? Very Happy
If you look for answers for my questions, you'll know what to do Very Happy A hint, France are still looking for a playmaker...
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:22 am

babun1024 wrote:
awalezelin wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
awalezelin wrote:

scratch
How old is Riquelme now? How old will he be in 2 years? Did France have any other number 10s to replace Zidane at that time? Very Happy
If you look for answers for my questions, you'll know what to do Very Happy A hint, France are still looking for a playmaker...

i don't see any argentina playmaker that can equal to riquelme level even they play until wc 2014 or till die
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:27 am

awalezelin wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
awalezelin wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
awalezelin wrote:

scratch

i don't see any argentina playmaker that can equal to riquelme level even they play until wc 2014 or till die
Pastore isn't bad. The midfield was too negative. Move Masch to CB, pair Cambiasso and Banega in the middle and Pastore in front of them. That would be a very good midfield with reinforced defence Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:19 am

Why make a 33-year-old player a key player in the NT?

At this point Argentina need to plan for the medium-to-long-term, not short-term.

Ps. Should Awalezelin start making his thread titles complete... -.-
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:37 am

Art Morte wrote:Why make a 33-year-old player a key player in the NT?

At this point Argentina need to plan for the medium-to-long-term, not short-term.

if the 36 years old (by the time of wc 2014) can give the albiceleste, the 3rd wc, why not?

i choose the short term if that method can bring the glory rather than long term that can only give the qfinal place all over again

sorry for my incomplete thread title, peace....... Smile
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:09 am

awalezelin wrote:

if the 36 years old (by the time of wc 2014) can give the albiceleste, the 3rd wc, why not?

i choose the short term if that method can bring the glory rather than long term that can only give the qfinal place all over again

But that's the thing, I don't believe a 36-yo CAM can be the major difference towards winning games in the World Cup. You need someone with more legs, I reckon.

I would read more of your threads if you actually stated in the title what they're about, that's all x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:16 am

No. Regardless of Riquelme's class Argentina needs to build a team for the WC 2014, and suffice to say JRR won't be fit by then and may even be retired.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:22 am

Art Morte wrote:
awalezelin wrote:

But that's the thing, I don't believe a 36-yo CAM can be the major difference towards winning games in the World Cup. You need someone with more legs, I reckon.

I would read more of your threads if you actually stated in the title what they're about, that's all x)

zidane in 2006 was 36 yo, if i'm not mistaken

beside, messi really needs the service that only riquelme can provide, accurate passing

riquelme is not rely on speed, therefore 36 yo or 40 yo is not an issue
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:29 am

Yes, but when Zidane played there was nobody else that could play in his position. France had no playmakers, and still don't have a playmaker today (Not a good one anyway).

Argentina, on the other hand, have plenty of options in that position and using Riquelme would not be such a wise move for the future.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:34 am

for this moment, i don't really care for the future if they can win the wc 2014 with riquelme

after that, they can do whatever they want
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:50 am

Too old, Lamela Riquelme or Alvarez will take that position

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:46 am

TBH , I wouldn't mind him getting a chance in the squad . Competition for places is never a bad thing .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:06 pm

aimar is a great option too
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:26 pm

@Awazelin, Zidane was as fit as a cucumber when he was 36 Very Happy He WAS physical, trained more than anyone else in Madrid and didn't tire out easily= godly stamina Very Happy
Riquelme doesn't look anything like bodywise at all. Yes, his game doesn't really on pace but you need basic pace+endurance to move Very Happy Or will he playmake from one fixed position? Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:31 pm

He'll be be 36 in the world cup.you guys are going to bring elderly people like zanetti,riquleme and cambiasso to brazil lol.masch will be 30.you guys need to try out youngsters like Germany,Brazil and France.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:05 pm

He'll be 36 by the time the World Cup comes, and he's already lost some of his pace at this point...

And, didn't Riquelme retire from the national team?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:17 pm

riquelme will be too old in 2014..

and i mean, boca juniors are struggling like crazy, with riquelme on the team, they havent been good for some time.. so, despite adding some quality to the team, i dont think he is the messiah.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 pm

rsinatra wrote:riquelme will be too old in 2014..

and i mean, boca juniors are struggling like crazy, without riquelme on the team, they havent been good for some time.. so, despite adding some quality to the team, i do think he is the messiah.

i have fixed it for you

by the way, boca struggling like crazy in today match vs psg without riquelme

lose by 0-3
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next