The Outta Position thread

5 posters

Go down

The Outta Position thread Empty The Outta Position thread

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 pm

So we have a few voices of concern over DJ being a DM who is not doing well as a CB.. I don't agree that he'd be a good DM, and he is a potentially good CB, but I felt we could pull all the out of position topics into a single thread.. Here is my take :

1) Nasri shouldn't be a AMC.
2) Vela (and Bendtner before him) are not suited to the wings.
3) DJ as a DM?

What else do you think is a problem in our player positions? And what alternatives can you think of? (I'm aware that most solutions would deal with 4-4-2 formation and change of style, but still, just for some ideas)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

The Outta Position thread Empty Re: The Outta Position thread

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Since when is Djourou a DM?

He did great at CB besides Kos, and will do as well besides someone similar, such as Vermaelen. Someone fast and technical. Not Squillaci.

I've noticed our CBs get a lot of flak, but you guys have to remember our midfield cover is completely non existant at other times. We need someone to cover back and close up space, we can't have everyone up and running in attack. I hope Wenger realizes this and doesn't put our only DM going nuts on the attack, this will only lead to goals like we saw in the whole of the past season and yesterday's friendly.

I agree with your other points, though. Nasri is a shitty playmaker and no CF should be put on the wings. This will happen less this season, with Gervinho coming and hopefully Mata. Yesterday was just a friendly.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:22 pm

If we sign another CB, playing Djourou as a DM wouldn't be an unrealistic proposition because we wouldn't be short at the back without him, but until we sign someone else we should just keep him at the back. Like Sushi said, our defence isn't always to blame because they get little cover. Djourou is a good CB.

Vela actually has played good games on the wings while he has been out on loans, despite not performing there in preseason, but yeah his main position should be as a striker.

As for Nasri, it's funny how drastically people's opinions of him have changed over this preseason. A few weeks ago we were all cursing Wenger for playing him 'out of position' on the wing...
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:23 pm

True. When we play our attacking game with a high line, the onus is on the strikers and midfielders to press in the other half and kill attacks. We barely ever do that.. Characteristically, we find ourselves too far front in a counter attack situation and then have to scamper back to defend...

This is also why faster defenders seem better in our game.. And also why slower defender *cough* Samba *cough* would be epic failures in our backline.. Also come to mind : Squillch, Silvestre, ......

Btw, on today's game, Rozza > Ramsey > Nasri at ACM..

Yesterday we saw Vela wasted on the wing, today its Afobe's turn.. He managed to have a decent half though..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:25 pm

Well thats just the thing.. People always have conflicting views..

When we had Cesc injured and Rosicky (in a poor form) at AMC and Nasri on the wing, people called for Nasri on AMC.. But now that he has had that chance, he is making a right royal mess of it..

There have also been calls from Russia to play Arshavin at AMC.. And Wilshere's natural position was also AMC.. Just putting things into perspective here Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:31 pm

wenger really needs to stop wasting strikers on the wing. as far as im concerned, vela needs to come on as the ST before chamakh does

and nasri as CAM has to stop
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Russell Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 pm

DJ was a central defensive midfielder, up to @ least 06-07, ganso09 didn't just dream up that stuff
Jack Russell
Jack Russell
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum