Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United FC - Page 9 Empty Re: Newcastle United FC

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Also, Insua actually had a very good run with us when he first broke through, including a fantastic performance against Arsenal (pre-req for joining Newcastle, isn't it?). It was only once he became our first choice LB at 21yo that he began struggling.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 pm

RedOranje wrote:Also, Insua actually had a very good run with us when he first broke through, including a fantastic performance against Arsenal (pre-req for joining Newcastle, isn't it?). It was only once he became our first choice LB at 21yo that he began struggling.

Thing is we have a fantastic young LB at the club already, reason i want an experienced one should Enrique go, for the same reason i wanted us to try and get O'Shea when he came available.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Barton will be alot harder to replace imo.
What with his unbridled rage and all. Twisted Evil
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Do you think you have any players with potential that can make it from your academy/youth set up.

I know ashley said all along the plan was to produce your own players but apart from sammy Ameobi I aint heard of any.

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:01 am

GyansDancingBoots wrote:Do you think you have any players with potential that can make it from your academy/youth set up.

I know ashley said all along the plan was to produce your own players but apart from sammy Ameobi I aint heard of any.

We have alot of youth that are supposedly being relied on this season like Haris Vuckic and Shane Ferguson but its mainly youth that were bought in. Than that actually being produced by the club like Sammy Ameobi there are some, but there but they are nowhere near ready for the first team at this stage.

Tbh if we didnt have this youth we would be a much bigger issue than we already are instead of needing 2 or 3 players we would need 5 or 6.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:11 am

I honestly think thats what has given us the advantage over you in recent seasons our Academy starting to pay off.

Although we have had more money to spent we also had the likes of, Hendo, Meyler, Colback etc.

And the new crop coming through like Knott & Noble who will have a influence this season.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 am

GyansDancingBoots wrote:I honestly think thats what has given us the advantage over you in recent seasons our Academy starting to pay off.

Although we have had more money to spent we also had the likes of, Hendo, Meyler, Colback etc.

And the new crop coming through like Knott & Noble who will have a influence this season.

You definitely have more local talent that are ready for the first team that is for sure, i think we will have alot of youth being relied on this year but unfortunately it is foreign talent atm.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:22 am

The news from our youth squads seem promising, actually. Unfortunately they only really play other youth squads. So who knows... maybe Newcastle'll be the new Man U in ten years. Then again I might as easily be elected King of Ireland as well...
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Ryan Donaldson was on loan at my home town club Hartlepool and looked very promising.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Real11 wrote:Ryan Donaldson was on loan at my home town club Hartlepool and looked very promising.

Yh, i heard that aswell i hope he comes good, along with people like Tavernier as i said before we have youth its just a question of when they are going to be ready.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/08/08/tiote-cabaye-could-form-powerful-midfield-for-magpies/

Interesting blog on the potential of Tiote and Cabaye in midfield and tbh our midfield is very strong indeed, unfortunatly the forward line is nowhere near as strong Sad

Anyway it also mentions that Tiote's visa problem has been sorted and will be back today or tomorrow and will play against Arsenal.

Speaking of Arsenal i expect us to line up like this( pending any injurys or transfers)

Krul
Simpson Taylor Coloccini Enrique
Barton Cabaye Tiote Marveaux
Gosling/Vuckic
Ba

Pretty good team tbh, despite all the doom around the club all summer.

I'd definitely say we need a striker in and a LB if Enrique goes but none the less the line up is still a quality one imo and we have Ben Arfa to come in aswell.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Well we shall see. A win would be a good thing to open the season up, definitely clear up the gloom that has been hanging over us recently.

I want to give Pardew a chance, but that said I think that he is a weak link in our chain. He isn't the only weak link, don't get me wrong there are bigger problems (like lacking depth in certain spots), but I don't have much faith in him.

@Mole, we should start a kickstarter campaign to buy Newcastle from Ashley. With magpies as rabid as they are, it might just work. Wink
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:53 pm

magpie wrote:Well we shall see. A win would be a good thing to open the season up, definitely clear up the gloom that has been hanging over us recently.

I want to give Pardew a chance, but that said I think that he is a weak link in our chain. He isn't the only weak link, don't get me wrong there are bigger problems (like lacking depth in certain spots), but I don't have much faith in him.

@Mole, we should start a kickstarter campaign to buy Newcastle from Ashley. With magpies as rabid as they are, it might just work. Wink

I think a quality striker will clear up some of that gloom lol.

I will give Pardew a chance and i dont blame him for anything that has gone on since he arrived at the club, he has to deal with bulls*it nearly every week since he arrived.

We lack Depth at CB, RB and CF, iam almost certain we will sign a CF but doubt we will sign a RB and CB unfortunately. I did'nt include LB because Enrique is still here and while he is still here along with Shane Ferguson coming through i belive we have enough there.

As for the campaign to buy Ashley out, iam with you 100% let's hope a group of money mad Geordies can get together so we can kick his fat ass back down to London Wink

Hopefully he lands where the riots are going on Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
magpie wrote:Well we shall see. A win would be a good thing to open the season up, definitely clear up the gloom that has been hanging over us recently.

I will give Pardew a chance and i dont blame him for anything that has gone on since he arrived at the club, he has to deal with bulls*it nearly every week since he arrived.

We lack Depth at CB, RB and CF, iam almost certain we will sign a CF but doubt we will sign a RB and CB unfortunately. I did'nt include LB because Enrique is still here and while he is still here along with Shane Ferguson coming through i belive we have enough there.

As for the campaign to buy Ashley out, iam with you 100% let's hope a group of money mad Geordies can get together so we can kick his fat ass back down to London Wink

I agree. I'd love to see a good striker come in and really give us some bite.

There nothing in specific I blame Pardew for, he's a decent guy, I just think he is a bit out of his league. He's only managed lower league teams and only his tenure at Reading was longer than three seasons.

You're in England, so I am trusting you to be at the front lines of this. Once I have a real job I'd be more than willing to chip in a decent chunk of change.
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:47 pm

magpie wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I agree. I'd love to see a good striker come in and really give us some bite.

There nothing in specific I blame Pardew for, he's a decent guy, I just think he is a bit out of his league. He's only managed lower league teams and only his tenure at Reading was longer than three seasons.

You're in England, so I am trusting you to be at the front lines of this. Once I have a real job I'd be more than willing to chip in a decent chunk of change.

Probably true.

As for being on the frontlines of it, i have a job but does'nt pay enough to take over NUFC.

Time to ask for a payrise and recruit people :lol!: as for a good striker i have been trying to guess who it could be but there's no point because i get surprised everytime.

Every signing this summer came out of the blue tbh, but hey atleast we are humble and respectful :lol!:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Pardew got West Ham to the FA Cup final, so he isn't that bad.
Who would you like to replace him? McClaren (Middlebrough link though) , O'neil or even Eriksson?.........
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:39 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:Pardew got West Ham to the FA Cup final, so he isn't that bad.
Who would you like to replace him? McClaren (Middlebrough link though) , O'neil or even Eriksson?.........

Not even worth discussing atm due to the fact he wont be sacked for a while yet, even if he does bad and there could be someone else available at that time.

But as far as names you mentioned......

McClaren: Simply not good enough, dont rate him at all and as you said he coached Boro.

O'Neil: He tick's the majority of boxes tbh ( but would he except the current strict transfer set up?)

Eriksson: Basically the same as O'Neil
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Obertan official

3.2 million
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:36 am

LOL

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/942027/shola-ameobi-signs-new-contract-with-newcastle?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5901

I'd Keep him nd Ranger, release Kuqi..and probs go for Bendt, or Zamora...depends on how you wanna play

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Andres Iniesta wrote:LOL

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/942027/shola-ameobi-signs-new-contract-with-newcastle?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5901

I'd Keep him nd Ranger, release Kuqi..and probs go for Bendt, or Zamora...depends on how you wanna play

new contract for Ameobi!
I'm estatic like!!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:17 pm

I am willing to see what Obertan can do, but I don't have much faith in him. 28 total apps in two years for Man U? Something is fishy.

Ameobi is of course a good thing. Some stability is nice. Wink
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Could be worse... you could have signed Bebe.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next