Iceman
Arquitecto
Jay29
justdoit_
Great Leader Sprucenuce
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool Agree £10m fee for Jose Enrique - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool Agree £10m fee for Jose Enrique

Post by aford92 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 20:10

I think Best did well last season. I think he deserves a chance.

aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Agree £10m fee for Jose Enrique - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool Agree £10m fee for Jose Enrique

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 03 Aug 2011, 20:19

aford92 wrote:I think Best did well last season. I think he deserves a chance.

Granted and your right he did, but is good enough to be relied on as first choice?

I dont think so we desperately need another striker( preferably one with pace, off the ball movement and decent finishing)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed 03 Aug 2011, 20:31

No not first choice but if someone is injured he should play over Shola imo.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 03 Aug 2011, 20:35

aford92 wrote:No not first choice but if someone is injured he should play over Shola imo.

Oh yes i agree then.

In an ideal world i would have it like this:

1st Choice: New CF/Ba ( depending on the opponent)
2nd Choice: Best
3rd Choice Ameobi
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 00:24

Signed for 5.5 Million Pounds according to Tony Barret

Sorry Mole, we absolutely milked you Laughing

JenChang88 Jen Chang
by paul_tomkins
1 on 1, Enrique's very hard to beat. Happened only 9 times last season, compared to A. Cole (38), Clichy (26), Baines (24), Evra (23).

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 11 Aug 2011, 00:30

Sepi wrote:Signed for 5.5 Million Pounds according to Tony Barret

Sorry Mole, we absolutely milked you Laughing

JenChang88 Jen Chang
by paul_tomkins
1 on 1, Enrique's very hard to beat. Happened only 9 times last season, compared to A. Cole (38), Clichy (26), Baines (24), Evra (23).

Sorry Sepi, but i think ill wait for official confirmation Laughing

There has been fee's thrown around from 5 to 10 million all week, all i want is we get we paid for him he is the best LB in the league imo but his contract issue dictates his fee unfortunately.

Look's like we are signing Pieter's from PSV regardless if Enrique goes this window or not.

Learning from past mistakes i see.

Atleast according to North East Journo's anyway but it is one i trust.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu 11 Aug 2011, 01:11

frakking Wenger sign himmmmmmmmmm

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 11 Aug 2011, 05:10

Sushi Master wrote:frakking Wenger sign himmmmmmmmmm

Too late.More or less done deal for us will probably announced today or tomorrow.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 11 Aug 2011, 05:15

newcastle are waiting for their new LB to come before selling enrique
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 11 Aug 2011, 05:33

RealGunner wrote:newcastle are waiting for their new LB to come before selling enrique

Dont know about that tbh.Are they any close to signing the Dutch LB?

I was basing on the tweets from Times and Echo[local journo] journalists yesterday night saying the deal is more or less done and fee is 5.5mil.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 11 Aug 2011, 09:50

Times Article:
"Liverpool agreed a £5.5 million fee with Newcastle United last night to sign José Enrique, the left back, which will probably mark the end of the club’s summer spending.

Liverpool hope to part-fund the deal for the former Spain Under-21 player, who had entered the last year of his contract, by selling David Ngog, the forward, to Bolton Wanderers. Newcastle are in talks to sign Erik Pieters, of PSV Eindhoven, as a replacement."
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Agree £10m fee for Jose Enrique - Page 2 Empty Enrique on way to Liverpool to undergo medical.

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:56

JOSE Enrique is on his way to Liverpool to undergo a medical - according to sources on Merseyside.

The Chronicle understands that unhappy Toon defender is expected to sign for the Kop side today after being on the radar of Kenny Dalglish since the end of last season.

Enrique had made it clear he had no intention of staying at United or signing the lucrative contract offered to him in June,

The Chronicle revealed on July 30 that Dalglish had told his board to step up the chase after a poor defensive record in pre-season with the left-back slot a big cause for concern for Liverpool.

Newcastle though now have a left-back problem of their own and PSV Eindhoven defender Erik Pieters is one of Alan Pardew's top targets.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/11/enrique-moves-a-step-closer-to-liverpool-switch-72703-29219117/?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11669_7093105,00.html

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
Sky Sports sources understand that Liverpool and Newcastle agree £6million fee for Jose Enrique #nufc #lfc
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:00; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:58

Sky are reporting that Enrique is actually undergoing the medical now.For 6 mil good bargain for us IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 11 Aug 2011, 12:37

NEWCASTLE United will push ahead with a move for Holland defender Erik Pieters regardless of whether want-away defender Jose Enrique moves on before the end of the transfer window.

United have made an enquiry to PSV Eindhoven about the international defender and with doubts about Enrique’s commitment to the cause they would like to push a deal through before the weekend.

United believe Pieters would welcome a move to St James’ Park, where close friend Tim Krul plays his football.

While it has been widely assumed a move for Peters spells the end for Enrique, The Journal understands the transfer is not dependent on the Spanish defender departing Tyneside.

Liverpool retain an interest in him but are yet to make a formal move for him, despite Enrique’s desperation to depart.

Newcastle’s detailed dossier on Pieters makes a big play of his versatility, with the 22-year-old a more than capable centre-back as well as a talented full-back.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/11/newcastle-united-step-up-bid-for-erik-pieters-61634-29216260/#ixzz1UiOzDTRU

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 11 Aug 2011, 13:00

If we really get him for £6m it's a great signing.

Not necessarily such a bad situation for NUFC either if they manage to sign Pieters. I've heard good things about him, actually sort of fancied him as one of the LB options for us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 11 Aug 2011, 13:02

Art Morte wrote:If we really get him for £6m it's a great signing.

Not necessarily such a bad situation for NUFC either if they manage to sign Pieters. I've heard good things about him, actually sort of fancied him as one of the LB options for us.

Well as i posted above its my rumoured for weeks we were going to sign him regardless if Enrique left or not and according to various sources we will sign him before the weekend.

Now keep Barton(If you have to sell him get Barnetta in) and sign a striker and i will be quite happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 11 Aug 2011, 13:48

6m?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 11 Aug 2011, 13:51

ynwa wrote:6m?

Seem's like it and thats what we paid for him so iam happy tbh with only a year left on his contract aswell.

Fantastic deal for you guys though as long as we get the PSV lad in i have no qualms.

Not to mention he's only had one good season at NUFC ( get the excuses in early ftw Laughing )
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 11 Aug 2011, 13:54

Steve Clarke will teach him well. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu 11 Aug 2011, 14:34

As if Wenger didn't fork out £6M for him lol.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 11 Aug 2011, 14:36

Well official now.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 11 Aug 2011, 15:12

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Seem's like it and thats what we paid for him so iam happy tbh with only a year left on his contract aswell.

Fantastic deal for you guys though as long as we get the PSV lad in i have no qualms.

Not to mention he's only had one good season at NUFC ( get the excuses in early ftw Laughing )
Last season and the one previous?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 11 Aug 2011, 16:12

RedOranje wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Last season and the one previous?

Championship does'nt count Very Happy

Besides i was joking didnt i make that obvious with the part in brackets? :?:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu 11 Aug 2011, 16:15

@mole

Any close to signing the dutch LB?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 11 Aug 2011, 16:18

BeautifulGame wrote:@mole

Any close to signing the dutch LB?

I only know what the north east media are saying and they seem convinced he will sign before the weekend but they dont seem to have any details which prove this.

Tbh as long as we sign him, a striker and keep Barton ill be quietly confident going into the new season they we will do well.

“He made it clear he had no motivation to sign, we have a back up plan in place. We wish him well. 2 or 3 we are looking at"

What Pardew has said also Pieter's says he wants out of PSV asap so this looks happening reasonably quickly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 11 Aug 2011, 18:32

We've signed 3 of the 09/10 Championship team of the season.. of course the Championship counts! Razz
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum