What I would do if I were Rosell: export Cruyffism, and get paid to do it

4 posters

Go down

What I would do if I were Rosell: export Cruyffism, and get paid to do it Empty What I would do if I were Rosell: export Cruyffism, and get paid to do it

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:07 am

Or perhaps even if I were Cruyff.

So I've been thinking a lot about 'futbol base' and what this Barca's dependance on it will mean for future generations. Obviously, this will be incredibly hard to know because if Barca has indeed affected any club so much that they want to completely revision their structure so as to make youth their priority rather than just another part. Barca's ability to rely on homegrown players so perfectly is it's defining feature, I would argue even on top of their invincible style. The fact that Barca is able to put 3 players out of their academy in the Ballon D'Or podium speaks beyond any argument. Or that they can play 8 homegrown players in a CL final, and win.

This is not news. My question is what can Barca do to take this to the next step, and create converts?

First off it's a question of whether Barca wants to do it or not. Barca arguably do this better than anyone else. This gives Barca a competitive advantage, by promoting this it will, even if long term, be losing some of this edge. It's in Barca's interest if everything stayed the same as it is now.

But I do not believe that to be the case. I think because of this Barca teams teams will prioritize their youth more, and they will want to expand. Barca, as always, will just have to keep in front of the curve.

So as a result here is what I think Barca should do: export their model. Barca should create a consulting division marketed towards clubs that are willing to do a substantial investment in their base football. Barca would provide the know-how, experience, actively act on a consulting basis towards their clients, and even personnel in a temporary basis. In doing so Barca would probably create a strong revenue stream and actively improve their brand, increase the quality of football worldwide, not to mention the guarantee to always be on the cutting edge of player development.

So... too radical?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What I would do if I were Rosell: export Cruyffism, and get paid to do it Empty Re: What I would do if I were Rosell: export Cruyffism, and get paid to do it

Post by bazinga Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:54 am

Yes, Cruyffism in Mumbai FC - me likes Very Happy

Seriously, it's a good idea.
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

What I would do if I were Rosell: export Cruyffism, and get paid to do it Empty Re: What I would do if I were Rosell: export Cruyffism, and get paid to do it

Post by kiranr Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:21 am

Yes, Open up the services for everyone except Europeans!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 am

Barça spends more than 20 milion € a year in the football base. The know-how it's important for sure, but the investment is huge, it has to provide talents.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Pocket exchange for clubs in Dubai
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum