diego28ribas
johniet
Luca
BoBo
JuvenelCuore
Juventude
11 posters

Go down

Juventus: 5 Reasons Why Juventus Will Finish in the Top 2 Next Season  Empty Juventus: 5 Reasons Why Juventus Will Finish in the Top 2 Next Season

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm not a big fan of the Bleacher Report because most of their articles are written by just about anyone off the street, but I thought this article was kind of entertaining. I'm not saying I believe everything they say, but it's a decent read.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/790247-juventus-5-reasons-why-juventus-will-finish-in-the-top-2-next-season

Juventus: 5 Reasons Why Juventus Will Finish in the Top 2 Next Season

During this transfer window, Juventus have been very active and have brought in some quality players. Among those player there are two proven full-backs, three central midfielders and one proven forward.

Some of the players signed during this transfer window add quality to the squad and also solve problems in positions that have been weak links since the return of Juventus to Serie A.

Juventus have also brought in a coach that knows what this club means to the fans and has the right attitude towards the famous jersey.

There are some main points that will make this Juventus team much better than previous seasons.

The Pink Jersey

The pink jersey is, of course, the original colors of Juventus and wearing it as the away jersey will hopefully bring some luck to Juventus in away trips.

The main problem Juve have had the past two seasons has been the away games to smaller teams. With some luck from this jersey, the team can go into these games with confidence.

This might be the jersey that Juventus win something special in.

The Coach's Personality and Experience

After Claudio Ranieri, Ciro Ferrara, Alberto Zacheroni and Luigi Del Neri, Juventus have finally brought in a coach that has some coaching experience and also understands what it means to be at this club.

Of all of those coaches, only Ferrara knew the importance of Juventus. Unfortunately, he had no coaching experience and couldn't take the pressure that comes with managing such a team. The other three coaches lacked in ambition and could not bring the older players to support them.

Antonio Conte seems to be loved by the fans and the younger players, while the older ones seem to respect him very much. He also has been coaching for a few years and knows how to deal with difficult periods. Conte has been able to deal with difficulties at his past clubs and would be able to turn things around if the team started to lose focus.

Conte also knows what it means to be at Juventus and will push the players to show the spirit that the Lady Killers are famous for.

The Coach's Tactics

Other than his experience off the field, Conte is known for his exciting approach to them on the field. His teams usually play a very attacking game and like to keep possession of the ball.

The main problem of Juventus during Del Neri's time was that the team didn't know how to pierce through the deep defensive line of the smaller teams and would always concede goals to counter-attacks. Conte, on the other hand, has been working for hours with his team on the tactical board to make sure they have many different plans of breaking tough defenses.

An emphasis on short passing and controlling the pace and tempo of the game will also help the team. The fact that they have been playing possession football will also mean that the opposition team will have less time on the ball to orchestrate attacking moves.

Conte's tactics might prove to be one of the main reasons for Juventus' shout for the title.

New Signings

The main positions in which Juventus struggled to find the right players for were the full back positions.

After Paolo De Ceglie got injured against Milan, Juve had to choose between the inexperienced (and defensively awful) Armand Traore and the slow Fabio Grosso for the left back position.

Since Marco Motta was horrible at right back and Grygera was too slow, Juventus had no one that could be trusted at that position either.

By the end of the season, Gorgio Chiellini and Fredrik Sorensen (both center backs) were filling in the full back positions, but neither of them are at their best in those wide positions.

During the summer, Juventus have signed Stephan Lichtsteiner and Reto Ziegler, and Paolo De Ceglie has also come back from injury. Juventus now have two solid left backs and a great right back.

Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Michel Pazienza have also come in to fill the center midfield position, while Felipe Melo and Momo Sissoko have been allowed to leave.

Juventus now have a group of great and energetic (except for Pirlo) center midfielders that will fight for their place.

Last season, the Juventus attack lacked mobility and with the arrival of Mirko Vucinic, that problem has been solved. Vucinic, Alessandro Del Piero, Fabio Quagliarella and Matri will now be fighting for the forward positions. Amauri, Vincenzo Iaquinta, Jorge Martinez and Luca Toni don't seem to fit in Conte's plans.

Milos Krasic, Simone Pepe and Christian Pasquato are the wingers that Juventus have available, and they will be fighting for their place in the starting line up.

Still to arrive

Juventus' squad seems to be complete, however, there are talks for another central defender and a left winger to join the team within the next month.

New Stadium

The new stadium is going to be the biggest move forward by any Italian team in the past 20 years. The new home of Juventus place will provide a good atmosphere and a great source of revenue for the club for years to come.

The first stadium that is owned by an Italian club will be the home of Juventus and with fans only a few meters away from the pitch, one can't wait to see the amount of noise the Juventini will make in each home game.

This stadium is a symbol of pride and confidence for Juventus and hopefully it'll bring the fans and the players together to bring home many trophies in the future.

Hopefully, the first season at this new stadium will be one with success and luck and will become a fortress for the Bianconeri for years to come.

A sold out stadium might be what this team needs to gain the needed confidence to win games, and eventually trophies.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juventus: 5 Reasons Why Juventus Will Finish in the Top 2 Next Season  Empty Re: Juventus: 5 Reasons Why Juventus Will Finish in the Top 2 Next Season

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:34 pm

So essentially this report is saying that Juventus will win because it is undergoing a revolution ?

I can see that.

Reviving the jersey.
Reviving the stadium.
Signing class players.

And Conte !
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus: 5 Reasons Why Juventus Will Finish in the Top 2 Next Season  Empty Re: Juventus: 5 Reasons Why Juventus Will Finish in the Top 2 Next Season

Post by BoBo Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Positive reading and agreed upon exept for the away jersey... its just plain awfull
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:45 pm

BoBo wrote:Positive reading and agreed upon exept for the away jersey... its just plain awfull

Get your eyes checked, my friend. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:51 pm

The away jersey is much nicer than the home jersey this year.

Interesting read, I am not sold on the squad as of now. The left wing is a glaring need in Conte's system and I hope it is a quality one who lands in Torino. Will a central midfielder come? Giandonato's agent said he will remain with Juventus and also be the player to relieve Pirlo. If he is capable of this role I do not see any central midfield additions needed at the moment.

This report also puts a lot of faith in Conte, his mentality is definitely there- no question but are his tactics as good as this report makes them seem? It is just too early to suggest that. I think Juventus do have a very good shot at finishing in the top four, they will be competitive with the Milan clubs and with Napoli.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Luca wrote:

This report also puts a lot of faith in Conte, his mentality is definitely there- no question but are his tactics as good as this report makes them seem? It is just too early to suggest that. I think Juventus do have a very good shot at finishing in the top four, they will be competitive with the Milan clubs and with Napoli.

Its not just a question of his mentality (we know its there) but also his determined will to make the players play football and be fired up every time they play

They will now have a game plan that works unlike the previous years when they really had none and allready a realistic top 4 is way better than 2 previous years but i think the mentioned above is enough 2 get us a scudetto showdown
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:14 pm

Well, from here on fourth, positive thinking is key and this article was a great read. I don't really see us winning the Scudetto, but hopefully third place if all goes good. As we do need to qualify for champions and will be mainly focusing on Serie A. I hope we can also achieve a Coppa Italia which is very possible.

The only problem is we will be playing a 4-2-4 in which is going to be risking in Serie A. In Serie B it's different, hopefully things will come our ways with this formation as it worked twice for Conte already.

As for the away jersey, I will admit, it is pretty nice, though the idea of having pink reminds me of Palermo though we did use Pink in our history, so why not? Hate the black star, but I can't do nothing about that. I have no problems with the home jersey as it stands, I like it a lot, except for the stamp on of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:17 pm

A pink jersey is fine and can be made to look good. A pink jersey with a giant star like that looks like something out of the 1980s.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:22 pm

sciacca wrote:
As for the away jersey, I will admit, it is pretty nice, though the idea of having pink reminds me of Palermo though we did use Pink in our history, so why not? Hate the black star, but I can't do nothing about that. I have no problems with the home jersey as it stands, I like it a lot, except for the stamp on of course.

Exactly the star looks strange i dont mind the colour though we were there long before palermo (got their pink jerseys first in 1907)
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:15 pm

they only mentioned one interesting factor, the mobility the team will get with the arrival of Mirko..
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Juventus is not certainly that Barbie Pink color
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by diego28ribas Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:25 pm

What is wrong with you people Razz

I can't stand the pink jersey D: I actually liked our old pink jerseys, but the shocking pink, a big black star and a red sponsor just doesn't register well in my head.

I dunno though as much as I hate it I think I prefer it to the home one. The home one with the fading stripes is probably even worse in fact :p
diego28ribas
diego28ribas
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:27 pm

johniet wrote:Juventus is not certainly that Barbie Pink color

It is not Barbie pink; if you see it in person you would not say that.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:23 am

Why are you on with the Pink jersey.I find quite good Smile Kind felt bored by to see our beloved black and white kit
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:01 am

Just look guys how here we were hoping to finish in the tops with a shitty forward team...
Look now we have Tevez and Llorente
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:07 am

dang where was I when this thread was put forth in 2011?

i know what my response would have been....
Juventus: 5 Reasons Why Juventus Will Finish in the Top 2 Next Season  Di-YQIO
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:11 am

During the summer, Juventus have signed Stephan Lichtsteiner and Reto Ziegler, and Paolo De Ceglie has also come back from injury. Juventus now have two solid left backs and a great right back.

Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Michel Pazienza have also come in to fill the center midfield position, while Felipe Melo and Momo Sissoko have been allowed to leave.

Juventus now have a group of great and energetic (except for Pirlo) center midfielders that will fight for their place.

Last season, the Juventus attack lacked mobility and with the arrival of Mirko Vucinic, that problem has been solved. Vucinic, Alessandro Del Piero, Fabio Quagliarella and Matri will now be fighting for the forward positions. Amauri, Vincenzo Iaquinta, Jorge Martinez and Luca Toni don't seem to fit in Conte's plans.

Milos Krasic, Simone Pepe and Christian Pasquato are the wingers that Juventus have available, and they will be fighting for their place in the starting line up.

HAHAHAHAHAAHHA READ THIS NOW AND LAAUGH HARD LOOL
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:46 am

I expect Juventude to write this good article again
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:15 pm

I was wondering why this article was revivied. Are people hoping it brings us good luck again like in 2011?

I wish I had time to write an article for us, Devi.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Juventude wrote:I was wondering why this article was revivied.  Are people hoping it brings us good luck again like in 2011?  

:bow: Just to see how bad we were pre 2011 and how our hopes were soooo damn high that we will win the scudetto. We were like more enthusiastic and excited, unlike now. Just look at the difference to be honest haha Smile . Do you agree with me?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:33 pm

salmano9 wrote:
Juventude wrote:I was wondering why this article was revivied.  Are people hoping it brings us good luck again like in 2011?  

:bow: Just to see how bad we were pre 2011 and how our hopes were soooo damn high that we will win the scudetto. We were like more enthusiastic and excited, unlike now. Just look at the difference to be honest haha Smile. Do you agree with me?

Totally.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Oh god this reminds me of the Dark Ages during the 2010/11 season :facepalm:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down