dostoevsky
BiasedMilanFan3
mezzogiornese
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nesta replacement Empty Nesta replacement

Post by mezzogiornese Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:13 pm

At 35, last season might have been his final at the top level. Milan have got Mexes to cover for him, but who do you see as an eventual successor to Nesta?

Is he around, or has he not come to the worlds attention yet?

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Nesta replacement Empty Re: Nesta replacement

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Bonera!
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:40 pm

But for real
I would've like Matias Silvestre, but he's going to Palermo.

But at the end of the day,
No one is a good enough replacement for Nesta
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:45 pm

I agree, he's the sort of player who is once in a generation... Although... his generation is coming to an end and a new one is coming...

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Agger would be a wonderful replacement if he wasn't even more injury prone than our beloved Nesta, not to mention the fact that he is no longer unsettled as he was under Roy and would be very difficult to acquire.

Hummels is probably the first name which came to my mind and such a move might be perfectly timed with the possibility of Nesta's retirement coinciding with the transfer window in which Hummels wishes to leave Dortmund in the future. The possible complications are obviously price, a possible reluctance to leave Germany, competition from Bayern Munich - despite the fact that he resented Munich dismissing him when he was younger - and others as the time comes for him to move on from his Dortmund adventure.

I'll add more names as they come to mind, I haven't seen Sahko play however someone might want to comment on him if they watch PSG.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:02 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Agger would be a wonderful replacement if he wasn't even more injury prone than our beloved Nesta, not to mention the fact that he is no longer unsettled as he was under Roy and would be very difficult to acquire.

Hummels is probably the first name which came to my mind and such a move might be perfectly timed with the possibility of Nesta's retirement coinciding with the transfer window in which Hummels wishes to leave Dortmund in the future. The possible complications are obviously price, a possible reluctance to leave Germany, competition from Bayern Munich - despite the fact that he resented Munich dismissing him when he was younger - and others as the time comes for him to move on from his Dortmund adventure.

I'll add more names as they come to mind, I haven't seen Sahko play however someone might want to comment on him if they watch PSG.

I reckon PSG (like Manchester City) would ditch Sakho in a heartbeat for a more well known player
And if these bigger players arrive at PSG, I could very well see Sakho wanting to leave

He'd be a VERY good buy
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:05 pm

As I said, I haven't seen him play, but isn't Sahko their captain? Why would they ditch him for a more well known player? Surely if he leaves it will be because he wants to play in different leagues and find new experiences.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:06 pm

I only have two names in mind: Kjaer and Vertonghen.

The former was the best center half in Italy alongside Captain Paolo in 2008-09, and the latter is Eredivisie's finest defender, ask Dreamer and Emanuelson.

I would go with Kjaer though, because he's tested in Serie A and is cheaper and younger than his Ajax counterpart.

Vertonghen is currently so hyped i.e. expensive, and Barca are said to be following him.

Kjaer is playing in a club which is too small for his talent and class.

If none materialized, I'd be fine with Mexes and a mediocre signing.

But hey, Sandro's got two good years left in him, too soon to talk about retirement...
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:36 pm

First off, Nesta is almost a once in a lifetime phenomenon. New Nestas don't exactly grow on trees so we will be hard pressed finding a proper replacement for him. We have Mexes for now but that is only a short term solution. Long term, the one on my mind is Davide Astori. He is nowhere near Nesta's level and I doubt he will rever each his level but he is still a great defender and our very own youth product. And Milan under the tutoring of Tassoti and Nesta himself, he can achieve greatness. I know Cagliari now owns him 100%, but if Galliani wants him back, who's gonna stop him? (except Man City or PSG maybe silent )

Or hey, maybe Albertazzi will have an Abate like season for Getafe? Or in a defensive injury crisis will suddenly see Rodrigo Ely or Ferreira breakout to the first team? Or Galliani will suddenly swoop another Thiago Silva, unknown to us but will later be our hero?

After all, football is a game where anything can happen.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Nesta's replacement is , in theory , Mexes. But his true replacement was Silva imo . They may differ as players , but Nesta taught him everything he knows. I think when Nesta retires , Silva will be the next "Nesta" of our defence , not Mexes or any other.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:00 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Dante13 wrote:Nesta's replacement is , in theory , Mexes. But his true replacement was Silva imo . They may differ as players , but Nesta taught him everything he knows. I think when Nesta retires , Silva will be the next "Nesta" of our defence , not Mexes or any other.

Agree completely, and am I the only one still not excited about the purchase of Mexes the so called "Nesta replacement"
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:10 pm

IzzyC08 wrote: cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Dante13 wrote:Nesta's replacement is , in theory , Mexes. But his true replacement was Silva imo . They may differ as players , but Nesta taught him everything he knows. I think when Nesta retires , Silva will be the next "Nesta" of our defence , not Mexes or any other.

Agree completely, and am I the only one still not excited about the purchase of Mexes the so called "Nesta replacement"

nope i personally dont like him...never have and never will...i think hes just a slower bigger version of bonera.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:46 pm

IzzyC08 wrote: cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Well , to be honest , i like Mexes and i am happy Milan got him. But i am the last one who will call him his replacement. Nesta will leave a big gap in the defence , like Paolo. I am not sure if Mexes can fill that gap , but he will do a good job with Milan . He has what it takes for sure
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 pm

Mexes will be a short term replacement, then after that we will have to evaluate the situation. I think Ogbonna will be brought in and be the first choice back up until Mexes has bowed out.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Mexes was bought here as Nesta's back up and short term replacement until we find another talented enough CB to pair with Thiago.

Agree that Thiago will take over Nesta position after he retired, he will replace Nesta's role to lead our backline.

There must be some names already in Galliani and our management head, but Nesta still have faith in his own body, we can always have faith on him. That will give our management more time to evaluate the option available.

I don't think we can predict it now, but we are Milan afterall, we used to have Baresi, Costacurta, and Maldini as our players. Thiago was perhaps the best 10m euros we have ever spent, we got a WC material for such player and that wouldn't be easy at all to pull another deal like that. So I wouldn't expect that kind of deal much, but the chance are always there.
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Who says Ely wont be a sensation?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Milantildeath wrote:Who says Ely wont be a sensation?

He is still very young, but Thiago has said a positive thing about him, if he can lift up to the expectation that would be amazing though.

They still evaluate all available option, and Ely is of course in consideration, even he would be the best option if he could develop into a quality player as it would mean we don't have to spend millions of euros.
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:35 am

he is 17 right now, so there is at the very least 3-4 years until we can actually see a breakthrough.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by biggiejay Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:59 am

Milan should look to sign Dede from Vasco Da Gama in Brasil. He's a phenomal defender. He's fast, strong,good in the air, and doesnt commit stupid fouls.He's only 23 and would be a great replacement for Nesta.
biggiejay
biggiejay
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:43 am

biggiejay wrote:Milan should look to sign Dede from Vasco Da Gama in Brasil. He's a phenomal defender. He's fast, strong,good in the air, and doesnt commit stupid fouls.He's only 23 and would be a great replacement for Nesta.

...and completely unproven in Europe. I've never seen this kid before, though I've herd of him. Anyone here know how much he'll cost? Because anything more than 10m is a gigantic rip-off IMO.

As for Nesta's replacement, I completely agree that it's Silva. So the Question becomes, 'Who is Silva's replacement? And to that, I have to say one word. Kjaer.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:37 pm

biggiejay wrote:Milan should look to sign Dede from Vasco Da Gama in Brasil. He's a phenomal defender. He's fast, strong,good in the air, and doesnt commit stupid fouls.He's only 23 and would be a great replacement for Nesta.

Dede is a beast in Football Manager. But in real life, I haven't seen him much, are any clubs interested in him?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by biggiejay Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:11 pm

ACMRox wrote:

...and completely unproven in Europe. I've never seen this kid before, though I've herd of him. Anyone here know how much he'll cost? Because anything more than 10m is a gigantic rip-off IMO.

As for Nesta's replacement, I completely agree that it's Silva. So the Question becomes, 'Who is Silva's replacement? And to that, I have to say one word. Kjaer.

Unproven? Maybe to you, but to people who follow Brasilian football know how good he is. Thiago Silva was also "unproven" by your logic when he came to Milan, look what he turned out to be. The only team I heard that was interested in Dede was Benfica, they offered 2M Euros but Vasco want 4M.
biggiejay
biggiejay
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:44 pm

What about Miranda? what happened to him? He was supposed to be as good as Thiago Silva before he went to Milan.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Milantildeath wrote:What about Miranda? what happened to him? He was supposed to be as good as Thiago Silva before he went to Milan.

Atletico Madrid bought him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:07 pm

biggiejay wrote:
ACMRox wrote:

Unproven? Maybe to you, but to people who follow Brasilian football know how good he is. Thiago Silva was also "unproven" by your logic when he came to Milan, look what he turned out to be. The only team I heard that was interested in Dede was Benfica, they offered 2M Euros but Vasco want 4M.

/facepalm

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next