Where are the players now???, Mr. Abramovic!

+12
Raptorgunner
Khaled
Gil
BeautifulGame
drakefyre
Adit
Lord Awesome
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
windkick
emassy
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where are the players now???, Mr. Abramovic! Empty Where are the players now???, Mr. Abramovic!

Post by emassy Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:22 pm

He told chelsea fans he will do a massive clearout of likes of drogba,anelka,malouda,e.t.c and summer spending spree to bring in likes of sneijder,aguero or cavani,hazard and many other possibilities,but all to nothing and the summer is coming to an end. Many may argue he tried for sneijder or thiago and some others,but for some reasons didn't work out. May be its because he didnt try hard enough or suddenly changed his mind

LINK:
1.http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/04/14/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovichs-62m-clearout-six-players-and-manager-set-for-exit/

2.http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/03/06/chelsea-plan-incredible-110m-five-player-summer-spending-spree-as-abramovich-plans-to-splash-the-cash/

This was same reason why they failed to win a trophy last season,blamed it on ancelotti's tactics and eventually sack:

1.lack of squad depth
2.age
3.too many competitions like CL,FA cup,PL,Carling cup.
4.injuries

Chelsea are about to make that same mistake with same squad and no major addition and i hope for their say,they dont get relegated this time and evetually sack AVB who i see leaving in january is inevitable.
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Where are the players now???, Mr. Abramovic! Empty Re: Where are the players now???, Mr. Abramovic!

Post by windkick Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:34 pm

Chelsea should be thankfull for that guy, they would be playing in the 2nd division if it werent for him Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Where are the players now???, Mr. Abramovic! Empty Re: Where are the players now???, Mr. Abramovic!

Post by emassy Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:44 pm

So we see. Sacking managers,apointing new ones,same squad,will not solve abramovic's problem. The guy acts more like a dictator.
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:51 pm

It's a good thread - maybe.
Should have waited until the end of the window, players may still leave and arrive.

But if there's no major movements, you're right, there's not much change to last season and some key players keep on getting older.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Did you just use caught offside as your sources?

Where are the players now???, Mr. Abramovic! HomeFacePalm

Chelsea only need two players btw Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:58 pm

It's incredible how many people out there trust crap like caughtoffside, daily mirror, daily mail etc...

really shocking. How hard is it to understand that it's all bullshit, and move on ffs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:01 pm

What's wrong with old players?

They're usually the classiest.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Well i predicted last year that chelsea will not be able to spend this summer because of FFP.Its becoming more and more clear that FFP is resticting chelsea.Thats why they start spending on youth and AVB is there as a part of new "youth vision"of abramovich.

The worst thing they could do was buy an expensive flope just before FFP and they did it in fernadont scorres.

Last edited by Adit on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:06 pm

windkick wrote:Chelsea should be thankfull for that guy, they would be playing in the 2nd division if it werent for him Smile

No they wouldn't . But they wouldn't have won the recent trophies maybe.
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Also Chelsea are not as old as you make it.......

Ivanovic and David Luiz are both 20 somethings( thats half of thier defence)

Mikel, Ramires, Mceachran are all young and they just signed Romeu and if they sign Modric he is 25.

Torres and Sturridge are both 20 something that is 2/3s of thier attack.

You got to love the myths of football.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:10 pm

drakefyre wrote:
windkick wrote:Chelsea should be thankfull for that guy, they would be playing in the 2nd division if it werent for him Smile

Actually there probably wouldnt have been Chelsea FC if not for him.They were on the verge of administration and even might have gone bust due to debt if not for Abrahimovic.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:16 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
drakefyre wrote:

Actually there probably wouldnt have been Chelsea FC if not for him.They were on the verge of administration and even might have gone bust due to debt if not for Abrahimovic.

If i remember rt , they were in debt , but it was manageable . I dont know much abt finances , but the stadium was their asset . Something like that Smile
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Also Chelsea are not as old as you make it.......

Mikel, Ramires, Mceachran are all young and they just signed Romeu and if they sign Modric he is 25.

30 or over:
Terry, Cole, Lampard, Drogba, Anelka.
And those are some very important players in Chelsea's current squad. If their performance level drops, it's gonna show.

Lord Hispano wrote:What's wrong with old players?

They're usually the classiest.

Nothing wrong as long as they perform and you've got players coming through who can replace them.
Chelsea are able to fight for the title this season with their current squad, but if they need to replace too many of their aging players with high quality purchases that's going to get expensive. Personally I think they should have bought a few more promising young players in the past few years than what they have bought.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Art Morte wrote:

30 or over:
And those are some very important players in Chelsea's current squad. If their performance level drops, it's gonna show.

Drogba and Anelka are not first choice anymore, Sturridge and Torres have taken their places and Lampard will not be as important this year with the rise of Mceachran and the obvious signing of a playmaker.....

While i agree with Terry and Cole that's two key players over 30, while United the PL champs and most consider the 2nd or 3rd best in the world have 3 or 4 key players over 30 or over so are they too old?

Barca have 4 players in thier starting eleven 30 or over are they too old?

As i said it's a myth.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 pm

It's hard to sell the old guys when nobody wants to buy them for a decent price. And with FFP around the corner, i think all Chelsea can afford at this point is a good AM... that's the #1 goal for them.

Not surprised. I think the only real thing they lacked last year was a playmaker. They just went through a period of horrid form that sunk them. Despite that, they were back in the race late in the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:40 pm

LOL @ this thread. Jesus Christ, talk about being clueless.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

30 or over:

Drogba and Anelka are not first choice anymore, Sturridge and Torres have taken their places and Lampard will not be as important this year with the rise of Mceachran and the obvious signing of a playmaker.....

While i agree with Terry and Cole that's two key players over 30, while United the PL champs and most consider the 2nd or 3rd best in the world have 3 or 4 key players over 30 or over so are they too old?

As i said it's a myth.

Difference with Barca is that they are obviously consistantly trying to get younger and are always thinking of the future (Alexis will replace Villa, Fontas will replace Puyol, Thiago will replace Iniesta, and Cesc is obviously being brought in to replace Xavi. If Cesc and Xavi share minuites, it also adds more years to Xavis career)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:53 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

30 or over:

As i said it's a myth.

Drogba finished last season as 1st choice striker, before Torres. Made 36 league apps.
Anelka made 32 apps and Lampard 24 (would've made more without injuries).
I don't believe McEahran, Sturridge and a possible new signing are able to be as important to Chelsea this season as the mentioned 3 veterans were last season. So I've gotta stay with my argument that Chelsea have a few key players who are getting quite old and haven't got quite the ready players to fill their shoes.

United have got Evra, Ferdinand and Giggs who were very important players last season and 30 or over, but they've got better replacements to throw in (Da Silva's, Smalling, Young, Valencia).

Barcelona have got Xavi, Abidal and Puyol in their starting XI who are 30 or over. Xavi is doing as great as ever (Fabregas will arrive as a replacement sooner or later), Barca did fine with Abidal sidelined last season and Puyol (33), well, he is injured right now, so that really is a little cause for concern for Barca as a world-class CB is difficult to replace. And their youth academy, well, we all know its quality. So I'd say they, too, are in a considerably better position than Chelsea when it comes to squad age.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:56 pm

To note, wasn't Barca the youngest team in the Champions League last year? I don't think they have much to worry about as far as age, Chelsea is much worse position
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:59 pm

windkick wrote:To note, wasn't Barca the youngest team in the Champions League last year? I don't think they have much to worry about as far as age, Chelsea is much worse position

i think that was madrid... Rolling Eyes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

30 or over:

As i said it's a myth.

Drogba finished last season as 1st choice striker, before Torres. Made 36 league apps.
Anelka made 32 apps and Lampard 24 (would've made more without injuries).
I don't believe McEahran, Sturridge and a possible new signing are able to be as important to Chelsea this season as the mentioned 3 veterans were last season. So I've gotta stay with my argument that Chelsea have a few key players who are getting quite old and haven't got quite the ready players to fill their shoes.

Sturridge is alot better than Anelka has shown in the last couple of years, Torres is more likely to start than Drogba and with the obvious signing of a playmaker( be it Modric or someone else) and the emergence of Mceachran means Lampard is'nt as important as he was say 2 years ago.

So i dont see why thier shoes cannot be filled.

Personally i feel this Chelsea are old thing is extremely overplayed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Love how people are still thinking Chelsea finished 2nd last season because of their players ageing (most annyoing word of all time tbh).

We would have walked the League if we didn't take a 2 month break around that winter period.

We were the form team at the start of the season and the form team towards the end of the season.

One or two signings would be nice of course but we'll cope just fine even if we don't bring anyone in.

Presumably Lampard won't have as many injuries (he had his lowest appearance total for us since his 1st full season at West Ham around 12/12 years ago), David Luiz and Torres look to be settling in, Ramires as well and he has been improving every time he plays, McEachran and Sturridge are also developing and will have a huge role to play this season. Kakuta is also a special player who I have high hopes for and could easily follow suit if he improves a few aspects of his game. The likes of Bosingwa, Benayoun and Kalou will also be more suited to Andre Villas-Boas' style of football.

As I read on another forum having a new manager is pretty significant, it could be the only 'improvement' needed. We're already playing a different more exciting style of football under AVB and I personally feel he's already a million times better than Carlo (my opinion lads).

Although AVB has said he's happy with the squad and has stopped us from signing a few players notably Lukaku and De Bruyne. I think he'll still want to bring in one or two players before the window closes so this thread is incredibly premature anyway.

P.S. Abramovich doesn't sign players lol(that's with one major exception of course Wink )

Last edited by Gil on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:15 pm

windkick wrote:To note, wasn't Barca the youngest team in the Champions League last year? I don't think they have much to worry about as far as age, Chelsea is much worse position

Thiago
Sanchez
Pedro
Messi
Busquets
Pique

?????????
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:30 pm

@ Gilvo

I'm sure Chelsea will be strong this coming season, what I would be more worried about is the next few years. Most of Abramovich's signings have been big money captures somewhere in their 20s and that can't go on forever. The quality of young players in Chelski's squad isn't high enough to meet the quality of the old guard, imo. The situation could be different had Chelsea signed more up-and-coming youngsters in the last few years.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:02 pm

They Just need Modric & maybe Hulk DONE!!

Lampard - Romeu - Modric "Gold Midfield" Twisted Evil
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum