Italy vs Spain: 5 Juve Players Called Up. No Matri or Quag...

+3
Juventude
zarola
Ganso
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Italy vs Spain: 5 Juve Players Called Up. No Matri or Quag...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Italy vs Spain: 5 Juve Players Called Up. No Matri or Quag...

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Luca wrote:Oh if Cassano, who has been criticized for being overweight therefore out of form, is called up then Balotelli deserves it just as much. I, too applaud Prandelli for calling up Super Mario.

Wingers aren't needed, you are right.
However, by too many registas I just think it will end up being Pirlo and Montolivo starting together, I don't like that idea.

Marchisio/Motta-Pirlo/Montolivo-De Rossi/Nocerino

Up top, I would love to see Giovinco play with Rossi and Balotelli in there too, at least at some stage of the game.

Of course and I agree, we should applaud Prandelli for that, just odd though that Matri was not called up, in fact in his usual call ups, Giovinco is always mentioned as a midfielder and not a striker, but I think it's best for Matri if he sticks in Vinovo and works hard. It looks like Prandelli wants to try the modern twist and use small strikers(Support Strikers) rather than the classical prima punta like Matri, but for insurance there is always Pazzini, who in which you mentioned was struggling as of late, but needless to say him and Cassano together is untouchable.

Yes, wingers are not needed correct, as we lack them and surely don't need them for that matter. We have enough depth and skill in midfield, when it comes to both creativity, speed and defending. So all the right combinations are there with out problems. I don't see many Regista's really... Only ones are Montolivo, Aquilani and Pirlo and they surely won't start all together at least one of De Rossi or Motta need to play against Spain... or else our Midfield will be weak and thin.

Giovinco and Rossi would worry me a bit as they are a bit to small, I'd go with Balotelli/Giovinco or Balotelli/Rossi as you got one small and one strong. Perfect duo's nonetheless.

Back to top Go down

Italy vs Spain: 5 Juve Players Called Up. No Matri or Quag...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Italy vs Spain: 5 Juve Players Called Up. No Matri or Quag...

Post by juventus101 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:00 am

We should play like this against Spain:

Buffon
Maggio Bonucci Chiellini Balzaretti
Marchisio De Rossi Pirlo
Cassano
Rossi Balotelli

And Giovinco, Pazzini, Montolivo, and Ranocchia should all get some time for sure. Unfortunately Matri wasnt called up, as I think our future attack looks like this:

Giovinco
Rossi Matri
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:25 am

My God ur biased.

Future with Matri? What future? He is 27 his time should be now.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:37 am

CroInter wrote:My God ur biased.

And his time is now... 20 goals this season. More than Pazzini I'd like to add. Yes, he's not there, but I just got word that he picked up a minor injury today in training, as Quag didn't even train as he was left back out of precaution, in which why neither of them have been chosen.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:46 am

sciacca wrote:

And his time is now... 20 goals this season. More than Pazzini I'd like to add. Yes, he's not there, but I just got word that he picked up a minor injury today in training, as Quag didn't even train as he was left back out of precaution, in which why neither of them have been chosen.

He got 3 more goals then Pazzini, and since they got to Juve/Inter, Pazzo has scored more.

Link for that injury?
So minor injury and he isnt called for a game a week away?
And who would he throw out to call Matri? Im pretty sure even if he was 100% fit he wouldn't be called.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:48 am

CroInter wrote:
sciacca wrote:

He got 3 more goals then Pazzini, and since they got to Juve/Inter, Pazzo has scored more.

Link for that injury?
And who would he throw out to call Matri?

Already said, in the other topic. Balotelli is his replacement. Quagliarella could of done it, but he is injured as well. I got no link, SKY said it, when I find one I will share. There is no reason to drop Matri in the first place as he is the leading Italian goal scorer for Italy... so no point in even questioning why Prandelli would even drop him. But seeing you see differently, why would you say he wouldn't be called up?

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:54 am

sciacca wrote:
CroInter wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Link for that injury?
And who would he throw out to call Matri?

Already said, in the other topic. Balotelli is his replacement. Quagliarella could of done it, but he is injured as well. I got no link, SKY said it, when I find one I will share. There is no reason to drop Matri in the first place as he is the leading Italian goal scorer for Italy... so no point in even questioning why Prandelli would even drop him. But seeing you see differently, why would you say he wouldn't be called up?

Dude this is 2nd time i ask you for link about Matri so called injury, 1st was for i think some friendly and he was benched so you said he is injured and no link, now again. Its somewhat suspicious.

"leading Italian goal scorer for Italy"
Wait what? One goal in friendly vs Ukraine and he is leading goalscorer?

Edit: Every time he was called up so far, Balotelli wasnt? right? Thats my reason why he isnt called up. Coz of Balos shit and injuries, now he is back and Matri isnt called up, you say coz of injury, then Prandelli im sure will come out and say that in press conference...
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:59 am

Clarifications.

1) I saw it on Sky, when I find link I will share it, as previously said.
2) I meant to say as an Italian in Serie A, most goals. If not than Rossi who is in La Liga
3) We shall wait and see in the press conference then, as it will be questioned why Balo was called up as it was reported he woudn't.

Though, it could be because Balotelli proved Prandelli wrong when he owned Inter the other day... :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:04 am

sciacca wrote:Clarifications.

1) I saw it on Sky, when I find link I will share it, as previously said.
2) I meant to say as an Italian in Serie A, most goals. If not than Rossi who is in La Liga
3) We shall wait and see in the press conference then, as it will be questioned why Balo was called up as it was reported he woudn't.

Though, it could be because Balotelli proved Prandelli wrong when he owned Inter the other day... :coffee:

We shall wait and see then :coffee:

I dont even think Pazzo will start, he is pure poacher and he only i guess needs one of those, other forwards are all very diffrent from Pazzo but simillar to Matri, but Balo and rest i think are just better then Matri.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:23 am

This could be Matri's time to shine because he is at a big club and if he continues his good form he has a very good chance of being called up.

Pazzini has played for Fiorentina, Sampdoria and Inter- all much better teams than Cagliari.

I am not saying that Matri will "shine" but I understand what sciacca means, his first full year at a big club like Juventus and that will certainly help his case.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:49 am

Exactly, Matri is a late bloomer who in fact shows his true talents last season and know how turned into one of the best Prima Punta's we can offer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:01 am

Yeah, Pazzini is great but he has not impressed me at all for Italy. I do believe it is the system and the lack of service provided to him. Pazzini struggles to create his own opportunities as a lot of prima puntas do. Matri is a little better in his movement but I believe Balotelli/Quagliarella are best there, Quagliarella being a hybrid SS/CF is definitely capable off the ball as we have seen.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:11 am

Matri is 2 weeks YOUNGER than Pazzini...

:coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:17 am

sciacca wrote:Exactly, Matri is a late bloomer who in fact shows his true talents last season and know how turned into one of the best Prima Punta's we can offer.

Paolo Rossi didn't start playing regularly in Serie A until he was 25 years old...

juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2