Ali
Brigate Rossonere
Josefaltafino
Art Morte
El Chelsea Fuerte
maruf063
18 posters

Go down

Serie A is the 5th best league - do you agree with Galliani Empty Serie A is the 5th best league - do you agree with Galliani

Post by maruf063 Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:14 am

I posted this thread on Serie A section and there were some controversy-

1. My friends said that Serie A isn't boring. But to me and most of the general supporters, it is pathetically slow and too much boring.

2. My friends said that serie A has many up and coming coaches who are hugely potential - i can't find any.

3. Some say that, mid table Serie A teams are stronger than their European Counterparts- last night palermo crashed out against A team called Thun.

These were the controversies...now come to the points

i agree with Galliani. We are far behind top four leagues because-

1. No stadium
2. Unattractive football and failure to convert neutral supporters
3. Serie A clubs don't give a damn to their youths. Over reliance on oldies.
4. Failure to take Europa league seriously. If teams like Sevilla and Bremen can take that competition seriously, why can't we. We are not from another league.

I WANT NEUTRAL VIEWS. PLEASE NO BIASED COMMENTS !!!

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Serie A is the 5th best league - do you agree with Galliani Empty Re: Serie A is the 5th best league - do you agree with Galliani

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:16 am

I don't agree that you can rank a league based on the football they play. Every league plays different style of football, we should respect that.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Serie A is the 5th best league - do you agree with Galliani Empty Re: Serie A is the 5th best league - do you agree with Galliani

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:28 am

Based on the other topic here, I thought Galliani had said that at this rate "the French league will overtake us, too", not that it already had?

Anyway, I think this coming season will tell a lot about Serie A's direction.
10-11 wasn't good for them, if they don't step up this season I guess it's fair to say the league's going downhill.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Josefaltafino Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:26 am

no doubt serie a will vanish from the surface of earth and it's about time...they have been dominting fooball for too long, and the last decade dominance slowly decreased, and soon it will vanish forever...without italian serie a football is much better,

Josefaltafino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 am

Galliani did not say that the Serie A is the fifth best league in the world. He said it will become the fifth best league in the world yet I have to disagree with even that statement.

Galliani is a smart man. He gets what he wants. If he wants a law to be changed, he will make an elephant out of an ant and this is exactly what he is doing now. He is trying to incite fear into people. Fear that their beloved sport will crumble.

How likely is it that in five / ten years, Marseille, PSG, Lille, Lyon etc will be the names that Italian clubs will be fearing to draw in the UCL? Not very. Galliani is always very selective with his words and it is exactly this reason that people analyses his statements so closely.

Galliani wants a new stadium privatization law in Italy, Galliani will get it.

maruf063 wrote:
1. My friends said that Serie A isn't boring. But to me and most of the general supporters, it is pathetically slow and too much boring.

2. My friends said that serie A has many up and coming coaches who are hugely potential - i can't find any.

3. Some say that, mid table Serie A teams are stronger than their European Counterparts- last night palermo crashed out against A team called Thun.

1. No stadium
4. Failure to take Europa league seriously. If teams like Sevilla and Bremen can take that competition seriously, why can't we. We are not from another league.

1) The EPL to me is boring. I have no interest in it and even though the tempo and quality is higher relative to the current state of Serie A, I would never wake up at 1am, 3am, 5am to watch Arsenal, United, City etc. yet it is easy for me down in Australia to wake up at any time of night / morning to watch my beloved Milan. How boring or interesting a league is is completely up to the individual.

2) Allegri, Enrique...

3) If one game decides how good a league is, didn't Barca lose to Chivas? Italian clubs take friendlies more seriously than the Europa League...

As for your 'points'

1) No stadiums? I think you mean outdated stadiums with poor viewing and that is true. There is no denying it. Juve have built a new beautiful stadium and I can only hope that this will inspire other clubs to follow suit and the privatization law to be changed.

2) Serie A had less 0-0 draws than La Liga last season. EPL brings in many neutral supporters simply because of the language spoken in the country.

3) Youth is a big issue and Italy and has been for some time. The Baresi's and Maldini's are no longer coming out of Milanello but a lot of money has been invested into youth over the last few years and we can only hope we will begin to reap the rewards of it too.

4) I support this. Europa League attitude portrayed by Italian clubs is the reason we lost 3rd spot in UEFA league rankings.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:33 am

Josefaltafino wrote:no doubt serie a will vanish from the surface of earth and it's about time...they have been dominting fooball for too long, and the last decade dominance slowly decreased, and soon it will vanish forever...without italian serie a football is much better,

welcome to the forums Very Happy
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:34 am

Just because a league is more tactical and the games aren't fast paced doesnt mean they are boring IMO.After all most CL knock out are like that it just is different approach and should not be tagged as boring IMO.

Also last season the likes of Inter Udinese and even Napoli to some extent played some entertaining football.I would expect Roma too would play similar football with Enrique as coach.

My real gripe with Seria A is the atmosphere in stadiums.Most matches are played in near empty satdiums and it really affects the atmosphere and makes it less interesting compared to PL matches mainly from a neutral point of view though.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:01 am

BeautifulGame wrote:My real gripe with Seria A is the atmosphere in stadiums.Most matches are played in near empty satdiums and it really affects the atmosphere and makes it less interesting compared to PL matches mainly from a neutral point of view though.

So seeing an empty stadium on a stream makes a game less entertaining to watch from the comfort of your own house? Interesting.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:24 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:My real gripe with Seria A is the atmosphere in stadiums.Most matches are played in near empty satdiums and it really affects the atmosphere and makes it less interesting compared to PL matches mainly from a neutral point of view though.

So seeing an empty stadium on a stream makes a game less entertaining to watch from the comfort of your own house? Interesting.
Certainly the atmosphere even if u are watching on TV.Are u saying there is no difference btw watching a match with an empty stadium and a packed stadium whatever the sport is? Because certainly there is for me.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:46 am

Very good post Brigate- I hope he's making and elephant out of an ant. If we get stadiums a big step forward is made.

About Boring Serie A football allow me to copy and paste some of my quotes from the other thread.

"As for your continued labeling of the Italian game as wrong, I'd advise you to watch a few more games next year. Despite all its faults, Italian football still has an ability to charm, surprise and amaze. Me and some typical Brits who held all the reservations you have explained watched it lots last year- yes of course there were bad games- show me a league where there isn't. However there were some truly magical games, that you couldn't see in any other league.

Let me pick you up on another point, you label Italian football slow paced, saying that doesn't appeal to people- yet who is the fashionable side at the moment? Barcelona. This is a side that play football at an incredibly slow pace for the most part- then when they speed up in an attacking move that's why it looks so appealing. Other sides people love at the moment? The Spanish NT (for some crazy reason after their woeful world cup), Holland, Argentina. None play at a fast premiership pace.

It's like any good musician's greatest alum- there's slow parts and quick parts. If it was all quick it'd be like some dutch gabber musician. Slowness and quickness compliment eachother in football- and this is why I don't like the typical premiership hoof the ball up the pitch tactic- leading to predictable games and until recently hugely predictable tables.

This idea that slow means boring is manufactured by sky, I'm 100% sure of it, back in the nineties. People need to stop believing whats spoon-fed to them and think for themselves.

If you like the premiership style of football then that's fine, watch that. If you like fast paced sports try American ones like Ice Hockey, Basketball, and American Football- if you appreciate beauty- and are not particularly turned on by watching the women's 100m at the olympics, Football is for you, because it is not a particularly fast game by nature."

Talking about the Media developing this Fabrication:

"It's all about money- they couldnt afford Serie A when back in the mid nineties when more brits for example would watch Serie A than English football in the weekend when Football Italia on channel 4 was one of the most popular programmes on telly. Noone said Italian football was defensive then. And since then we've seen Milan destroy teams in the champs league with beautiful football, the national team play three upfront and win the WC much more convincingly than Spain, and Inter murder Barca 3-1. Domestically we've seen sides like Bari take it to the San Siro- Udinese beat palermo 7-0 and a 4-4 draw between that same side and AC Milan. Yet the media gets away with spinning shit about Cartenaccio which hasn't been popular or successful in Italy since the 70s."

EDIT: I also said because of this Serie A should sue anyone who calls the league Boring or Defensive. They've damaged it's reputation for their own financial gain- and that's illegal. You don't get 7-0's and 4-4s in a defensive league. Nor do you get 3 up front all that often either- but that may be the most common number in Italy.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:52 am

Some good upcoming coaches in Serie A: Enrique, Conte, Gasperini (kinda), Allegri...

Also, I don't see how playing "boring football" makes Ligue 1 a better league. It's about how well Italian teams play in Europe. And to me, football in Serie A is entertaining, not boring.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:11 pm

I know to a certain extent its based on personal preference, but when you normally ask people why they dont like Serie A they either say because it's slow paced- yet they love Barca. Or that it's defensive- which is just plain wrong and we've seen so many times that's not the case.

Anyone remember Tottenham vs Milan? Milan pinned Tottenham back for the whole 90 minutes, barely left their half. Just another example from this year that people would have seen and discredited.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:11 pm

I know to a certain extent its based on personal preference, but when you normally ask people why they dont like Serie A they either say because it's slow paced- yet they love Barca. Or that it's defensive- which is just plain wrong and we've seen so many times that's not the case.

Anyone remember Tottenham vs Milan? Milan pinned Tottenham back for the whole 90 minutes, barely left their half. Just another example from this year that people would have seen and discredited.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:17 pm

maruf063 wrote:I posted this thread on Serie A section and there were some controversy-

1. No stadium

The only point that isn't a subjective (and uninformed) opinion is point 4.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Lmao take it you've never been to a real game of football?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:59 pm

maruf063 wrote:I posted this thread on Serie A section and there were some controversy-

1. No stadium

My friends said that Serie A isn't boring. But to me and most of the
general supporters, it is pathetically slow and too much boring.

Some say that, mid table Serie A teams are stronger than their European
Counterparts- last night Palermo crashed out against a team called
Thun.

1. No stadium

1. To some people Serie A is boring, for some people it is not. For some people EPL is boring, for some peopleit is not. It's just a matter of opinion as I said to you before. Just because you and a couple of other people find Serie A boring doesn't mean everyone else won't like it too. Just look at the Serie A fanbase in China and the Middle East.

2. Allegri, Conte, Enrique not good enough?

3. Italian clubs take Europa League as seriously as the Dublin Supercup. They probably celebrate after being eliminated as they can solely concentrate on Serie A and getting a CL spot.
Said by Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentis:
"Europa League? I don't give a s**t about this competition, thanks to Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini it is not worth anything."

And Galliani didn't say Serie A is the 5th best league in the world. He said that at this rate, Ligue 1 can overtake Serie A.

1. Juventus has completed their stadium. Roma, Palermo, Udinese, Inter are all seriously planning their new stadiums. Future looks good.
2. See my very first point.
3. Aside from Milan how many Serie A clubs rely on oldies as you are saying? Juvetus has Del Piero and...? Roma has Totti and...? Udinese has Di Natale and...? Inter has Zanetti and...? S that also make Man Utd (Giggs) oldies then? And Pato, Ibra, Krasic, Rannochia, Bonucci, De Rossi, Pastore, Sanchez, Boateng, Abate, Sneijder, Hernanes, Hamsik, Cavani, Inler, Lavezzi etc are all aldies?
4. This I agree with you.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:33 pm

LOL the "fast paced Premier League" thing is way out of hand here. It sounds good when things go fast, but does it come with any silverware? Where is the fast pace in the World Cups? In the CL finals? Those who win, are the best at using it at the right time, or you will just end up like Arsenal, win 0. (Not pun intended, well maybe a little, this is a forum trololol) cheers
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:08 am

I've already posted my opinion on this in the Serie A section. I agree very much with Brigate and Mezzogiornese on this one.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:12 am

Ade wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

I go to two every weekend. Smile My point was he has probably never been to a Serie A game.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:19 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
Ade wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

I go to two every weekend. Smile My point was he has probably never been to a Serie A game.

why that matters when my opinion was about watching from TV for a neutral?

Are u claiming Seria A stadiums are full but TV are showing it as half empty and mute the atmosphere? scratch .Not sure what ur point is tbh
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:14 am

SerieA will have to decline a lot more to become the 5th best league in Europe, that said they are fighting German league for the 3rd spot right now. They need more financial power to attract the real superstars, for right now the EPL big 5 and the Spanish big 2 are seen as more attractive to the likes of Juve, Roma and Milan. Only Inter might be able to compete.

I for one felt that the SerieA isn't boring at all, maybe some games but most games are far better than most games in the EPL or La Liga, so its all relative.

Right now the strength of the teams in SerieA compared to the EPL, Laliga is simply this, only Inter and Milan can compete with those big teams those 2 leagues, and even then they will not start as favorites. Juve and Roma needs to buck up, we will see how it turns out this season.

Napoli is the wild card, however imo their level is around spurs/sevilla's level which means all in all, SerieA's playing qualities in comparison to the other big 2 leagues needs to be improved.

Now I know if wriggle sees this, I will be labelled a moron or some shit, but sometimes it takes a brave man to admit something that is against his thinking, it takes some critical thinking and fairmindedness to be able to achieve it, I dont think he is that man. Italy has a proud tradition, but ATM they are simply not strong enough. End of story

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:11 pm

For me it's

1. La Liga
2. EPL
3. Bundesliga
4. Serie A
5. Ligue 1

Maybe could swap Serie A with Bundesliga I think they're really close.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Article worth a read:

http://www.notevenanoriundo.com/2011/08/criminal-dithering-over-legge-crimi.html
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:15 pm

La Liga>Bindesliga imo

1-La Liga
2-Epl
3-Serie A
4-Bundesliga
5-Ligue 1
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:23 pm

I think we better start a seperate thread named 'league wars' and do all the bashing there..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum