Bastos: 'I never said i wanted to join Juve'

5 posters

Go down

Bastos: 'I never said i wanted to join Juve' Empty Bastos: 'I never said i wanted to join Juve'

Post by pasquale22 Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Brazilian defender Michel Bastos insists has never asked to leave Lyon after links to AC Milan and Juventus came to nothing.

Bastos, 28, was thought to be surplus to requirements at Lyon, who on Friday will learn who they will face in the Champions League play-offs.

He has spent the last five years in the French top-flight, playing for Lille before moving to the Stade Gerland, and now seems certain to stay with Lyon for the 2011-12 campaign. However, the player stopped short of committing his future to the club.

"I never stated that I wanted to join Juve," he told L'Equipe. "The fans are upset and I can understand that, but I have never said anything to the press.

"Now I am just working hard for the team. If the fans can support me again, that will be great. I still feel as though I have a lot to prove, whether that is at Lyon or somewhere else."
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Bastos: 'I never said i wanted to join Juve' Empty Re: Bastos: 'I never said i wanted to join Juve'

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Your agent pratically threw you at Juventus and you kept saying you were open to transfers yet Juventus were the only team who showed interest.

Sure Michel, sure. Rolling Eyes
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Bastos: 'I never said i wanted to join Juve' Empty Re: Bastos: 'I never said i wanted to join Juve'

Post by pasquale22 Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Sounds like hes bitter that we arnt after him anymore
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:12 pm

pasquale22 wrote:Sounds like hes bitter that we arnt after him anymore

My thoughts exactly, like when a child wants something and when the other gets it, he says it sucks and he never wanted it anyways.

I heard Marotta was talking with his agent, so possibly when they met, the talks broke down as you said and Bastos began to bag on Juventus.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:18 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

My thoughts exactly, like when a child wants something and when the other gets it, he says it sucks and he never wanted it anyways.

I heard Marotta was talking with his agent, so possibly when they met, the talks broke down as you said and Bastos began to bag on Juventus.
Hahaha possibly. R we making a mistake not getting him though ?
I would prefer Elia tbh
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:25 pm

pasquale22 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Hahaha possibly. R we making a mistake not getting him though ?
I would prefer Elia tbh

I would love to see Pasquato, he just scored again. I think Vucinic, Pasquato, and De Silvestro would be enough, but I cannot see Marotta trusting in two youngsters.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by TPSPriceless Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Whether he is bitter or not he has to say that he never wanted to join us etc. or the Lyon fans will be all over him.
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:52 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Your agent pratically threw you at Juventus and you kept saying you were open to transfers yet Juventus were the only team who showed interest.

You stole the words right out of my mouth.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Juventude wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Your agent pratically threw you at Juventus and you kept saying you were open to transfers yet Juventus were the only team who showed interest.

You want them back ? Razz

But seriously, glad we are on the same page. It is quite comedic when players do this. Reminds me of Dzeko joining Man City for the team, "not for the money."
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Juventude wrote:

But seriously, glad we are on the same page. It is quite comedic when players do this. Reminds me of Dzeko joining Man City for the team, "not for the money."

Another classic is when, after the season is underway, a player that was never rumored to be transferred will talk about all of the offers he got, but he chose to stay with his current squad because he loves the fans so much.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Juventude wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
Juventude wrote:

Another classic is when, after the season is underway, a player that was never rumored to be transferred will talk about all of the offers he got, but he chose to stay with his current squad because he loves the fans so much.

Wayne Rooney w. £200.000/week salary: "Man United have no ambition or trophies. I am leaving."

- Insert time frame of two weeks -

Wayne Rooney w. £250.000/week salary: "I love the fans here. This side is amazing. GGMU !"

Comedic at best.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:48 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Juventude wrote:

Nice one! Very Happy
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down