pepe_el loco
guest7
Zealous
Mr Nick09
paperbackwriter
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Benzema, Özil, Marcelo and Ronaldo connection Empty The Benzema, Özil, Marcelo and Ronaldo connection

Post by paperbackwriter Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:02 pm

The understanding and creativity in between these 4 players in the final third is becoming world class. Given time they'll understand each other at the level of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Dani Alves. Benzema and Ronaldo look like they love playing with each other and Özil is loved by any team mate because of his vision and ability to find players when they find space with a run. Likewise we have Xabi further back who have a eagles vision when it comes to finding runs. Marcelo have always combined well with Ronaldo. Di Maria, who's going to be our starter at the right side when the season starts of for real doesn't have the same combining/collaboration ability but I think he'll grow. As of now, he's more of a Robben. Great individualist but somewhat lacking as a team player. With all the other attackers growing together, Di Maria will have to look up more and develop to not miss out on the party.

The greatest "feat" is that Ronaldo looks like he really trust these players. Too often Ronaldo have looked frustrated with team mates at Madrid, Man Utd and Portugal. He just doesn't look like he trust players to finish of chances he creates for them or find him with the right passes. The same frustration have been seen with Messi at times in Barcelona but primarily in the Argentina NT. But this is not the case with Benzema, Özil or Marcelo. He looks forgiving when they hit a bad pass. Knowing that they'll make it 8/10 times. Just like he himself does.

Overall, Ronaldo this preseason looks like a more mature player. True, he have matured every year since he arrived at Madrid. But it seems that he understands that he can't just be scoring a ridiculous amount of goals to challenge Messi. He have to become an overall better team player to reach the next level.

With this very serious and professional looking Benzema, while Higuain is far off his blazing best that we saw under Pellegrini, Higuain will find it very very hard to reach the "given starter" level again.

This is what we get when we give players time to build an understanding. I'm very excited about the new season. I also think that Sahin can blend in and develop a very good connection with Xabi and Özil in midfield. Khedira is also great, but Sahin adds another level of creativity and in 90 % of games we'll have more use of that with dominated possession facing crowded defenses than Khediras brute force. Hopefully he'll recover and not become a typical knee problem player. At least I hope so.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The Benzema, Özil, Marcelo and Ronaldo connection Empty Re: The Benzema, Özil, Marcelo and Ronaldo connection

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:13 pm

very good post. It's nice to see them developing that kind of chemistry, when they get on the pitch together, you are facing a different team. I think Sahin will blend in perfectly with them.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Benzema, Özil, Marcelo and Ronaldo connection Empty Re: The Benzema, Özil, Marcelo and Ronaldo connection

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:13 pm

I agree that it's turning into something special. I'm curious to see how it carries over to the season... So far, we've played teams that we out-talent by a huge margin. Going against alves, pique, abidal and fontas will be a completely different proposition. Not to mention Mascherano and Busquets too.

Not that we'll see another defense like this... But it will give us a good idea of how well these guys can penetrate against the elite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:25 pm

We're playing well but it's just pre-season don't forget that. Our toughest opponent was Leicester City. LOL

And as far as the Di Maria and Higuain issue goes they pretty much missed out on our pre-season. (Two games in china should barely count as pre-season)

Not to mention the all important training at UCLA.

I'll reserve judgement as to whether we actually improved till December.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:I agree that it's turning into something special. I'm curious to see how it carries over to the season... So far, we've played teams that we out-talent by a huge margin. Going against alves, pique, abidal and fontas will be a completely different proposition. Not to mention Mascherano and Busquets too.

Not that we'll see another defense like this... But it will give us a good idea of how well these guys can penetrate against the elite.

True, but the intentions are there. The fact that Ronaldo doesn't go on shooting sprees even though people pay just to see him and even though the opposition is of a low standard says alot.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Nobody's really tackling hard right now either... But it's encouraging to see. Reserve judgement until we're into the season a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Zealous wrote:We're playing well but it's just pre-season don't forget that. Our toughest opponent was Leicester City. LOL

And as far as the Di Maria and Higuain issue goes they pretty much missed out on our pre-season. (Two games in china should barely count as pre-season)

Good points. I've been critical about Di Maria before but he have returned with a vengeance. He's a great professional and immensely talented, there's no doubt about it. He just needs to mature a bit. He is making sure that the club doesn't forget him in array of rumours about Neymar and the likes.

Higuain on the other hand have been recovered for 4 months now and still look like a shadow of himself. He did so during the Copa America aswell... He'll find it rough to displace the Benzema we've seen now and saw from February and on last season. Higuains strength over Benzema before was his runs and clinical finishing. His finishing have been off for quite some time now and Benzema is making smart runs and finding space. While also dropping back and opening up for Ronaldo in a very smart manner.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:58 pm

I would say Coentrao like to jump into the tackle sportsczy. Other than that yeah no actual tackling so far in pre-season.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Zealous wrote:I would say Coentrao like to jump into the tackle sportsczy. Other than that yeah no actual tackling so far in pre-season.

Defenders play a lot dirtier and tougher usually... we save those for when it counts. No point doing it in the preseason. Besides, US and Chinese teams are not used to this level of competition. The only two games I paid closer attention to was Berlin and Leicester. We did very well in those, which was encouraging. Still preseason though and it's not like we played Barca lol.

I think Coentrao's role is to be an agitator and a pest for the team btw. I hope he's better at managing his bookings than Lass was. He's our new Lass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:03 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:
Zealous wrote:We're playing well but it's just pre-season don't forget that. Our toughest opponent was Leicester City. LOL

Good points. I've been critical about Di Maria before but he have returned with a vengeance. He's a great professional and immensely talented, there's no doubt about it. He just needs to mature a bit. He is making sure that the club doesn't forget him in array of rumours about Neymar and the likes.

Higuain on the other hand have been recovered for 4 months now and still look like a shadow of himself. He did so during the Copa America aswell... He'll find it rough to displace the Benzema we've seen now and saw from February and on last season. Higuains strength over Benzema before was his runs and clinical finishing. His finishing have been off for quite some time now and Benzema is making smart runs and finding space. While also dropping back and opening up for Ronaldo in a very smart manner.

Again a complete pre-season would have done Higuain a world of good. He's pretty much starting from a disadvantage this year.

Benzema has finally actually earned a starting spot in pre-season so he is rightful first choice. However although much has been made about his now legendary pre-season (Razz) it'll be interesting to see whether he can keep it up or completely lose the plot like he did when he first got here (His first pre-season with us was actually very good as well). Also if he does fail to keep it up it'll be interesting to see if he'll start sulking again.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:04 pm

You've been staring at your Pipita poster for too long again Z Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:16 pm

I actually said it before but their linkup was great. Just look how they passed through the defence, they understood each other very well and if they all go up to attack together they can outnumber the defence.

I'm so excited for the Supercopa. I think we stand a good chance this year to win La Liga and UCL. Supercopa will show how far we have gotten.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:You've been staring at your Pipita poster for too long again Z Afro

Perhaps...perhaps...

But all I know is that's time Karim paid the piper. A certain toothbrush head is Brazil seems to be the new apple of Uncle Flo's eye. :cyclops:

He has to start reminding us why we paid 35 million for him.

(I'm sure he doesn't want to be shipped out with Kaka :coffee: )
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Zealous wrote:
sportsczy wrote:You've been staring at your Pipita poster for too long again Z Afro

Perhaps...perhaps...

But all I know is that's time Karim paid the piper. A certain toothbrush head is Brazil seems to be the new apple of Uncle Flo's eye. :cyclops:

He has to start reminding us why we paid 35 million for him.

(I'm sure he doesn't want to be shipped out with Kaka :coffee: )

Don't even compare Benz' time in Madrid with Kaka... his defining moment will be him emptying his locker. i keep trying to be positive about Kaka. But that guy not only is a waste on the field, he cost us Canales and freakin Sarabia. I pretty much hate him for the later.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Same here. Worst. Signing. Ever.

I'm actually not that far from actually down right hating the guy.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Zealous wrote:Same here. Worst. Signing. Ever.

I'm actually not that far from actually down right hating the guy.

He always has that unconcerned and angelic smile on him too... as if everything is peachy. He could at least look upset and frustrated. He failed in all the games except the first one (LA). That's some truly shitty competition and in friendlies too. I just cringe at how he's going to do against real competition.

Albiol is next on my shit list for being pretty much a source of anxiety for me whenever he's on the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by pepe_el loco Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:50 pm

lol guys relax.....its not like kaka intentional decided to be shit or that jose knew he was gonna continue to be shit thats why he trusted in him. think about it would you trust virtually un tested youth or a "wc" player supposedly all fit and back in the game? *lol. this is all preseason...the real test would be from supercopa onwards to the rest of the season. if he cant raise his game by december well....adios. jus my lil two cents. ps im still friggin pissed we let sarabia go lol
pepe_el loco
pepe_el loco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:59 pm

The Benzema, Özil, Marcelo and Ronaldo connection 1312631282_extras_portada_2
so much win
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:04 pm

you girls know what you have to do now

The Benzema, Özil, Marcelo and Ronaldo connection Girls_kissing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:56 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:you girls know what you have to do now

The Benzema, Özil, Marcelo and Ronaldo connection Girls_kissing
MORE What a Face What a Face
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:21 pm

I think higuain could regain the chemistry he had with ronaldo and co. in 08/09 which was better than benzemas
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Jeps33178 wrote:I think higuain could regain the chemistry he had with ronaldo and co. in 08/09 which was better than benzemas
09/10

you always get the years wrong Very Happy Razz Razz
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Jeps33178 wrote:I think higuain could regain the chemistry he had with ronaldo and co. in 08/09 which was better than benzemas
¨

Thing is, Higuain worked best with Ronaldo when they were playing in a 2 man attack with 4 central midfielders behind them. Everything was supposed to be finished by either Ronaldo or Higuain. With the 4-2-3-1, more is asked of the CF. He not only need to be able to score his chances. He have to drop back, play 1-2s with Di Maria and Ronaldo who are making runs in from the middle and let the ball go to Benz or Özil and then run into the CF space. Benzema is very good at this, to find tight passes and playing with his back against defenders. Benzema is currently redifining our playing style by bringing his style to the table. He's not your traditional finishing CF, RVN style. But rather a mixture between a Zidane and Ronaldo (not to say that he's close to them in quality yet, but playing style wise).

With an increase in level of our teams ability, we'll face more compact defenses. Benzema is considerably better than Higuain in tight spaces. While Higuain thrive when we play counter-attacking football.

Higuain is great too, but he's a more traditional style striker. A Milito, RVN or Crespo. What's required from that kind of striker thou is a very very high rate of clinical finishing. Since he's mainly on the field to score. This was Higuains best strength coupled with his runs and speed with the ball when he was 100 %. But right now Higuain looks less dangerous in front of goal than Benzema. Which isn't acceptable for him to make his stance.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:51 pm

The Khedira-> CR7->Özil-> Benz dummy-> CR7 goal was pure sex Very Happy

I'm on zealous on the evaluation. Preseason is preseason, let's see how they'll cope against strong opposition Very Happy Still, you could see majour difference between the first game last year, were noone knew what to do and Alonso+Ozil had to do everything by themselves and now, where people know how to offer themselves for a pass or find a teammate with one Very Happy
Pellegrini used numbers for this purpose in opponents half, Mou uses time and runs to open up teams. In general, you'll have more people to defend if something goes wrong which makes the team solid in the long run Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 pm

I lol'd at the legendary pre-season quip from Zeal. The man is oozing some serious confidence (or body odor)...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next