If Messi, Xavi or Iniesta were for sale, how much would they cost?

+38
Albiceleste
Ganso
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
alexjanosik
Babun
Pedram
buddytaller
Lord Awesome
Doc
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Dnmac4
free_cat
paperbackwriter
SaintJoe
ChollaVille
Zees
mowgli
vivabarca38
Lord Hades
Jack Daniels
BeautifulGame
awalezelin
kiranr
Senor Penguin
Mamad
windkick
Iceman
xabi
Khaled
S
cheesy
Gil
Abramovich
Lex
fatman123
the xcx
42 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If Messi, Xavi or Iniesta were for sale, how much would they cost? - Page 3 Empty Re: If Messi, Xavi or Iniesta were for sale, how much would they cost?

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 pm

You guys need to stop saying that Barca fans are in denial about the market. I have said time and again that anything under 50 mill for Fab is a steal and we should snatch him up just for the sake of getting a great deal.

I have argued with our fans that just because you think we don't need him doesn't mean that Arsenal should sell him for less, thats not how it works, and there are others that agree.

Also, the market is not inflated. If it were inflated that would mean it's going to drop back down which it is not. It goes up every year and will continue to do so. You see a new record purchase for leagues almost every year, and it will keep going up. All it takes is a couple teams to set the market and City, Malaga, PSG, Chelsea, Pool (to a certain extent), Barca, Madrid, Russian team X, and there will be more teams bought by oil billionaires the market WILL keep going up.

I agree that Barca fans have been slow to adjust to the new market but so has everyone else. If anyone on this forum thinks that a team out there would not pay 50 mill for Xavi or Iniesta your insane. All it takes is one or two teams and City maybe even Chelsea would buy Xavi for 50 mill easy but you don't see the offer because everyone knows he's not going anywhere. It's the same thing with Cesc, someone would easily pay 50 mill for him but Arsenal are in a bad spot because they can only deal with one team.

As for Messi, the bidding would start at 150 mill and would probably end near 175 mill. If you sign him to a 5-7 year deal there is no way you lose money, and by the end of that deal his transfer fee would not look that crazy and would end up being good business just like Ronaldo to Madrid has been.

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

If Messi, Xavi or Iniesta were for sale, how much would they cost? - Page 3 Empty Re: If Messi, Xavi or Iniesta were for sale, how much would they cost?

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Lex wrote:That makes no sense at all

Given the nature of this thread, that's quite an accomplishment

He means Fabregas is not at Iniesta's level and will never be as the age gap is only 3 years. Iniesta at 33 would still be going stronger than Fabregas at 30...

Atleast that is what i gathered!

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:18 pm

I agree with Gil tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:19 pm

kiranr wrote:He means Fabregas is not at Iniesta's level and will never be as the age gap is only 3 years. Iniesta at 33 would still be going stronger than Fabregas at 30...

Then that is, excuse my French, utter horsesh*t
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:20 pm

the riquelme fan was banned? lol
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Lex wrote:
kiranr wrote:He means Fabregas is not at Iniesta's level and will never be as the age gap is only 3 years. Iniesta at 33 would still be going stronger than Fabregas at 30...

We will see about that as he is coming to Barcelona quite soon. :coffee:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:24 pm

kiranr wrote:We will see about that as he is coming to Barcelona quite soon. :coffee:
I find the optimism refreshing, however, i consider three to four years later rather than sooner Very Happy
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Lex wrote:

Tell that to each and every Spanish NT coach who has so far picked Iniesta over Fabregas anytime that was possible.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Gareth Barry has been picked over Scott Parker for England numerous times, so i guess Gareth Barry is better than Scott Parker Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Lex wrote:
kiranr wrote:We will see about that as he is coming to Barcelona quite soon. :coffee:
I find the optimism refreshing, however, i consider three to four years later rather than sooner Very Happy

Well i hope that too. Arsenal need him now more than ever. Razz

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:
awalezelin wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:
awalezelin wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:
awalezelin wrote:messi cost + iniesta cost + xavi cost = fernando gago cost
Quit being a pest.

you want me to quit or be a pest?

Quit.

how to quit?

can you help me, please?????

My pleasure. albino

LOL Love it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Quite an arbitrary and unfair ban on awazelyn to be honest.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:50 pm

LOL @ JD

SUCH A BOSS Cool
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:53 pm

free_cat wrote:Quite an arbitrary and unfair ban on awazelyn to be honest.
Hey, he wanted to quit. JD just saved him the trouble of scrolling his mouse across the screen and clicking the LOGOUT button

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Every topic, regardless of what it is about, he talks about Riquelme.

Now he thinks it funny to openly mock a mod/admin.

I think lesson learnt.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Think you may need to drag Iniesta out of the Camp Nou crying if you're gonna sell him. Even in a pretend world, I doubt he'll leave if Barcelona try to sell him. I think he won't even leave the city of Barcelona...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 pm

I wonder if he was really mocking?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Every topic, regardless of what it is about, he talks about Riquelme.

Now he thinks it funny to openly mock a mod/admin.

I think lesson learnt.

Yeah, he mocked JD, but JD told him off for something that wasn't offensive in anyway, unless you are a susceptible Madrid fan (oh wait, arbitrary warning).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:08 pm

He didnt tell him off, he said quit being a pest..which he was...posting senseless posts.

Then he proceeded to play games like a child.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:09 pm

He also end up multi accounting in the end so...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:11 pm

Sometimes mods give a ban without looking into the matter properly..It happened to me..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Hope it's just a temporary ban, I'm sure he has learnt his lessons.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Yeah, anyway, enough of this. Rules state you cant discuss mod actions.

If anyone has that big an issue, PM.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:44 pm

frakking mods. Sucking the life out of this forum day by day.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:47 pm

If Messi, Xavi or Iniesta were for sale, how much would they cost? - Page 3 You+shall+deal+with+it
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Sometimes mods give a ban without looking into the matter properly..It happened to me..
I'm sorry but that was already the third time i told him to stop posting nonsense.

I even sent him a personal message before.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next