Conte explains Juve objectives

4 posters

Go down

Conte explains Juve objectives  Empty Conte explains Juve objectives

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Juventus boss Antonio Conte insists the aim is to get back to winning ways, although he concedes that may take time.

The Old Lady have had another summer re-jig after finishing the last two Serie A campaigns in seventh place.

“We have to believe that we can win, we simply can’t be happy with reaching minimum objectives,” the tactician said in an interview with the Corriere dello Sport.

“That said, it’s right to be realistic and remember that we are building, brick by brick, a house that can last in time. We’re at the foundations so a bit of patience is necessary.”

The Bianconeri will, in all probability, not begin the campaign as realistic title contenders – a fact Conte seems to accept.

“Milan and Inter have a great chance of winning the Scudetto and they confirmed as much in Beijing,” the summer arrival from Siena noted.

“Behind them I see Napoli who, after working for a year and a half with the same Coach, have their own identity and have added some specific players.

“Lazio have done well too, but we shouldn’t focus on the others. We have to be concerned with ourselves, to be so hungry to do well that we don’t sleep should a defeat arrive.

“We have to co-exist with a desire for revenge – if we stick to this mentality then we’ll be on the right road to cut the gap between ourselves and those in front of us.”

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has been busy again in the transfer market and Conte seems pleased with the new arrivals.

“I’m really satisfied with the squad,” the former Juventus captain noted.

“I say this with conviction and after a little over a month of work in which we have got to know each other on a footballing level and also as people.

“Andrea Pirlo is a great, more so than I expected. He’s an example and an active part of the project.

“Michele Pazienza is tough, while Mirko Vucinic is ingenious and Reto Ziegler is generous.

“Stephan Lichtsteiner is Swiss in every sense. As well as his precision, his physicality has struck me.

“Conte? Well, that’s for other people to judge, but I do have an adjective for myself – Juventino!”

Last edited by DeviAngel on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte explains Juve objectives  Empty Re: Conte explains Juve objectives

Post by Freakazoid Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Im still in doubt that bringing Conte was the right choice, but im starting to like the guy! Make us proud Conte
Freakazoid
Freakazoid
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Freakazoid wrote:Im still in doubt that bringing Conte was the right choice, but im starting to like the guy! Make us proud Conte
Stop doubt bro.He will bring us to the top just belive in him Smile
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:55 pm

Conte surprises me every day! so far so good!
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum