Newcastle United 0 - 0 Arsenal: Lack of cutting edge in otherwise good performance

+22
Raptorgunner
Eman
usman111
Wilson37
Sushi Master
REWB
dmize
Sri
El Gunner
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
RealGunner
Emaharg
ArsenalWenger
The Verminator
tsgooner1
EL Patron
23arshavin23
Spider
lenear1030
djoe26
bloodless
Jay29
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Newcastle United 0 - 0 Arsenal: Lack of cutting edge in otherwise good performance - Page 3 Empty Re: Newcastle United 0 - 0 Arsenal: Lack of cutting edge in otherwise good performance

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Agree with all of you

The problem with the Fans atm is that they still remember the last 10 games of the last season. it was the 1st match of the season, it wasn a cup final or something

The plus point is that we were excellent defensively. We conceded 4 goals last season, we conceded 0 this time.

Lets hope wilshere is back for next match. HE IS HUGE.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United 0 - 0 Arsenal: Lack of cutting edge in otherwise good performance - Page 3 Empty Re: Newcastle United 0 - 0 Arsenal: Lack of cutting edge in otherwise good performance

Post by Jamin Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:56 pm

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkizj5_newbartonincident_news

the incident.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:02 pm

on what he thought of Gervinho’s red card..
I think I saw two yellows or two reds but not one yellow and one red.

on Joey Barton’s involvement in the incident…
There is a link between the incident [and Diaby’s sending off last season]. He got away with a yellow card both years.

on whether Gervinho should have had a penalty…
I don’t know. I wasn’t close enough to see it so we will have to watch it again.

on Arsenal’s performance…
I thought we had a solid performance and were in control. Newcastle had last season’s 4-4 more in their mind more than we did. They organised not to concede goals, defended well and it was very difficult for us because we played a team who was highly focused to defend. We missed something, the regret is that we missed something in the final third and in the speed of our passing. But, overall, we had a good performance. I can’t remember giving Newcastle a chance at goal and, away from home, you have to give credit to our team for that.

on the reaction of his players…
We try to play football and, if you watched today, you will see that. Overall, I feel we have been very harshly punished today. We try to play and sometimes we overreact. We have to take control of that. If we have an area to improve on, then that is it. We will learn from that today.

on the performance of Koscielny and Vermaelen…
If we had conceded a goal I would have been bombarded with questions about why I don’t buy a centre back! They have to take credit.

on whether he will do any more business in the transfer market…

I am not against spending money if the players we buy can improve our squad. We have a big squad and if some players leave we will try to bring players in. We request top quality and we are not scared to spend money.

on the fans’ relationship with the players…
It is important that there is a love between the fans and the players. The players have shown a commitment that deserves the support of the fans. In 15 years, look at the quality of players I have bought to this club.

on Nasri, Fabregas’ situations…
We are, on both fronts, in no mans land. At the moment, they are players of Arsenal Football Club.

on whether there has been an approach from Manchester City for Nasri…
I wouldn’t like to comment on that. We will keep you informed.

------------------------------------------

Wenger is pretty much spot on. His comment suggest that players need to leave first before we buy.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:34 pm

So now we are in no mans land on Cesc and Nasri? I think I'll just stop looking at all transfer speculation until the end of the window...
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:48 pm

I did not watch but I am sad to read that Gervinho first match ended like that. Crying or Very sad
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:Agree with all of you

The problem with the Fans atm is that they still remember the last 10 games of the last season. it was the 1st match of the season, it wasn a cup final or something

The plus point is that we were excellent defensively. We conceded 4 goals last season, we conceded 0 this time.

Lets hope wilshere is back for next match. HE IS HUGE.

I agree fully. I have trouble remembering the last complete peformance I have see this team play. Wilshire coming back will make our midfiled look a lot more fluid but I still believe we need an attacking midfielder.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:02 am

OLpower wrote:I did not watch but I am sad to read that Gervinho first match ended like that. Crying or Very sad
i think Vermelens debut also ended in a red card.. Or was it Kos ?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:14 am

Kos was sent off vs Pool last year.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:05 am

Roll on next sat! Going to be a good game if we play like we did in the first half, and you guys did throughout the NC game. Surprised
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 am

Meh, we have more important teams to play like Udinese :coffee:

Laughing Laughing
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:09 am

Oh. Right. Better for us then. Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:10 am

This is a pretty good and thorough analysis of how Gervinho performed in this match, Barton incident aside.

http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/08/gervinho-directness-is-something-we.html

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 am

srigooner wrote:This is a pretty good and thorough analysis of how Gervinho performed in this match, Barton incident aside.

http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/08/gervinho-directness-is-something-we.html

needs the end product...he does everything pretty well until the final third
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3