Sushi Master
Bellabong
I-no
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

germany can stop spain - Page 2 Empty Re: germany can stop spain

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 pm

lol.... How many times will this topic come up?

Just because Germany is growing at an alarming rate, Espana is the same if not much more.

Last I heard, Germany got beaten by us in the Euro and WC.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:WTF? He's not wasted, he's assisting.

What will Piggy + Lahm at DM accomplish that Piggy + Bender wouldn't?
Also Lahm can still always cut towards the center, but we just don't need him there. If we start pressing high up the pitch we'll win the midfield battle anyway, weird as it sounds. I just think that by 2012 we don't have the weaker midfield.
you dont understand my idea. I want 4 midfielders against spain, pigrider, lahm, khedira and ozil. he can be as good as he wants on the right side of defence but if spain wins the midfield they will lose again. bender and other 'top midfielders' have two left foots like I said. you can make them uncomfortable very easy. lahm and pigrider played football in their moms womb already.
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:35 pm

Germany can stop Spain but they need to clone 11 Podolski's. :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Arquitecto wrote:lol.... How many times will this topic come up?

Just because Germany is growing at an alarming rate, Espana is the same if not much more.

Yeah - but how?
In 08 Germany was obviously shit, but in 2010, well... Germany played like crap, without balls, and without Müller. Sure, Spain deserved to win that day, but we all thought Germany could've played better if they had been stronger mentally. And Spain wasn't that hot throughout the entire WC. Eventually they'll bring their A-game and their first XI to the pitch, and Spains talent is great, but the youngsters just aren't Xaviesta, while Germany didn't lose anyone important except Ballack, the youngsters are mostly better than the ones they're replacing.

Again, not that Spains yougnsters aren't great as well, but they're replacing better players, for now.

So this isn't me saying we will beat Spain, but I really think our squad is getting stronger every year, and we didn't bring our A-Game in 2010.

Last edited by VivaStPauli on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Germany can stop Spain but they need to clone 11 Podolski's. :coffee:
yes, no podolski, he disappears when it matters.
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Last I heard, Germany got beaten by us in the Euro and WC.
Well, that's past. We want to look forward to 2012 and 2014. Next attempt, new luck! Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:43 pm

I think that germany need at least a schweinsteiger in good old shape for the sake of the midfield domination Very Happy

Than they can beat spain for sure(on a good day^^)

Last edited by Neo on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neo
Neo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:44 pm

keep presuring this German NT... I think it will not be good for them! It's a young team and their talent great but let's see how they develop in the upcoming 11 months! Smile

Still think Holland will beat them at the (semi) final @ Euro 2012 Razz
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:44 pm

You mean final.

Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:45 pm

I-no wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Germany can stop Spain but they need to clone 11 Podolski's. :coffee:
yes, no podolski, he disappears when it matters.

Evil or Very Mad

-1 for Blasphemy Wink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Casillas

Ramos - Pique - Puyol - Jose Enrique

Xavi - Busq - Iniesta

Silva - Villa - Pedro

This line-up = Possession (tiki-taka) + entertaining!! Twisted Evil
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 pm

totaalvoetbal wrote:keep presuring this German NT... I think it will not be good for them! It's a young team and their talent great but let's see how they develop in the upcoming 11 months! Smile

holland for germany is like germany for italy :arrow:
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:48 pm

I-no wrote:
totaalvoetbal wrote:keep presuring this German NT... I think it will not be good for them! It's a young team and their talent great but let's see how they develop in the upcoming 11 months! Smile

and that is? Explain Smile
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:48 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:Casillas

Xavi - Busq - Iniesta

Silva - Villa - Pedro

Neuer
Castro Hummels Höwedes Lahm
Bender Mr.Piggy
Müller Özil Godolski
Godmez

And that's without Götze, Schürrle, Khedira, etc.

Not that it's an instant win. But it just doesn't look any worse than Spain does anymore. IMHO we're at a point were Germany hasn't been in 20 years: We look good on paper.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:50 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

Yeah - but how?
In 08 Germany was obviously shit, but in 2010, well... Germany played like crap, without balls, and without Müller. Sure, Spain deserved to win that day, but we all thought Germany could've played better if they had been stronger mentally. And Spain wasn't that hot throughout the entire WC. Eventually they'll bring their A-game and their first XI to the pitch, and Spains talent is great, but the youngsters just aren't Xaviesta, while Germany didn't lose anyone important except Ballack, the youngsters are mostly better than the ones they're replacing.

Again, not that Spains yougnsters aren't great as well, but they're replacing better players, for now.

So this isn't me saying we will beat Spain, but I really think our squad is getting stronger every year, and we didn't bring our A-Game in 2010.

Frankly you are absolutely correct as speaking at a level-headed view, Germany simply did not play their game against us although it was from Xavi's brilliance, the German team was very young but unfortunate not to score.

Euro? I do think Germany was quite good but that was simply a case of being beaten by a better team whereas 2010 could have gone either way.

My prediction has always been after the SA world cup that Germany will win their title either in the Euro or the Brazil WC (maybe even both) after being long overdue frankly as the team will be ripe along with the new influx of talent being discovered and nourished as the depth is staggeringly talented.

Joachim Loew? Great coach with a vision and superb ideas that although due to their ambition may take long to be absorbed, but when established, Germany will be one heck of a force in the international stage.

I look forward to the next match as it will be 2 great philosophies on the same field.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 pm

che wrote:wasn't german beautiful direct counter attacking football supposed to stop spain's boring antifootball at the world cup too? funny how that turned out...

and major lulz @ lahm playing cm against the best midfield in the world... he'd get absolutely obliterated

even pepe didn't do that well at the world cup as the "false cb" against spain, only became the benchmark of performance against barcelona (and by extension spain, let's not kid ourselves) after he was allowed to stomp on everybody in his sight for 3 consecutive games

germany can only do better, that was once match where they lacked.

puyol's headers saved us.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 pm

I can get in on that.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 pm

totaalvoetbal wrote:
I-no wrote:

and that is? Explain Smile
are you from holland? isnt it painful to ask for the answer? what happens when germania meets italia in a world cup, heh? you could lucky this time, holland plays like germany and germany like holland.
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:

Yeah - but how?

Frankly you are absolutely correct as speaking at a level-headed view, Germany simply did not play their game against us although it was from Xavi's brilliance, the German team was very young but unfortunate not to score.

Euro? I do think Germany was quite good but that was simply a case of being beaten by a better team whereas 2010 could have gone either way.

My prediction has always been after the SA world cup that Germany will win their title either in the Euro or the Brazil WC (maybe even both) after being long overdue frankly as the team will be ripe along with the new influx of talent being discovered and nourished as the depth is staggeringly talented.

Joachim Loew? Great coach with a vision and superb ideas that although due to their ambition may take long to be absorbed, but when established, Germany will be one heck of a force in the international stage.

I look forward to the next match as it will be 2 great philosophies on the same field.

you get it bro.

two different philospohies.

i hope germany really become counter attacking masters.

they are very good in set pieces and deserve a chance at anything.

podolski and the crew will wreak havok..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:56 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
che wrote:wasn't german beautiful direct counter attacking football supposed to stop spain's boring antifootball at the world cup too? funny how that turned out...

and major lulz @ lahm playing cm against the best midfield in the world... he'd get absolutely obliterated

even pepe didn't do that well at the world cup as the "false cb" against spain, only became the benchmark of performance against barcelona (and by extension spain, let's not kid ourselves) after he was allowed to stomp on everybody in his sight for 3 consecutive games

germany can only do better, that was once match where they lacked.

puyol's headers saved us.

How did it "save" us when we dominated the whole match?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:57 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:Casillas

Xavi - Busq - Iniesta

Silva - Villa - Pedro

Neuer
Castro Hummels Höwedes Lahm
Bender Bender Mr.Piggy
Müller Özil Godolski
Godmez

And that's without Götze, Schürrle, Khedira, etc.

Not that it's an instant win. But it just doesn't look any worse than Spain does anymore. IMHO we're at a point were Germany hasn't been in 20 years: We look good on paper.

Fixed the Bender bros are so boss that the ref would allow Germany to start with 12 players.

Unfair you say? take it up with Prince Poldi Afro
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:59 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:

Yeah - but how?

you get it bro.

two different philospohies.

i hope germany really become counter attacking masters.

they are very good in set pieces and deserve a chance at anything.

podolski and the crew will wreak havok..

Your are correct.

But podolski? Germany is at a stage where poldi is not needed as much as they have players who are far better in his position though.

In terms of their counter attacking I see Loew trying more then just counter-attacking football as with his ambition Germany is evolving into a complete team in terms of play. Pretty impressive stuff from a young man like Loew.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
How did it "save" us when we dominated the whole match?

Because your domination was hollow. Yes, Germany looked timid, intimidated even, and Spain dominated possession.
But Germany actually had just as many chances, probably more. Remember that shot from Kroos? The one time Özil got through on goal and just didn't manage to finish?

Even though Spain clearly dominated, it still could've gone either way on a lucky (unlucky for you^^) day, while in 08 Spain were just utterly outclassing Germany in every department, including chances created while in 2010... Well in 2010 a shitty German with almost no possession still almost scored a couple of times.

That's the point of people saying it could've gone either way, I guess. Not that Spain weren't better that day, they were. They just weren't good enough to be sure about their win, or to be sure they'll win the next match as well. Could've gone either way. And would've been a hell of a match if Germany had played like they did against England, or Argentina. Or even Ghana. Regarding their mentality, that is. Or against Serbia, FFS. They just didn't really seem to try that hard. Whether it was fatigue, fear, inexperience - it wasn't being utterly doninated, like it was in 2008.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Well, in the last games, Schürrle impressed me more than Poldi. (Please don't strike me down for blasphemy, oh Godolski!) IMO he has a very bright future ahead!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Your are correct.

But podolski? Germany is at a stage where poldi is not needed as much as they have players who are far better in his position though.

In terms of their counter attacking I see Loew trying more then just counter-attacking football as with his ambition Germany is evolving into a complete team in terms of play. Pretty impressive stuff from a young man like Loew.
podolski is one dimensional with his left foot. when I say it they rate me negative, fssssss. germany, play someone else for a change in top game.
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:02 pm

I love Podolski hard, and he is god.

But Blasphemy-time:
Starting Schürrle or Götze there would probably do us very good.

Dear god it was painful typing that. Sad
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next