Mr_Puyol
free_cat
zarola
windkick
Albiceleste
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Post-Super Copa Leg 1 discussion thread Empty Post-Super Copa Leg 1 discussion thread

Post by Albiceleste Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 23:56

2-2 goals from Villa and Messi, as well as from Xabi alonso and Ozil

BARCA GOALS:
Spoiler:

MADRID GOALS:
Spoiler:

Valdes brilliant save:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post-Super Copa Leg 1 discussion thread Empty Re: Post-Super Copa Leg 1 discussion thread

Post by windkick Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:00

I think this match more than anything showed us all how badly we need help at CB.

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post-Super Copa Leg 1 discussion thread Empty Re: Post-Super Copa Leg 1 discussion thread

Post by zarola Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:01

More importantly how do you feel sanchez did? I think for the first time he did very good he definitely wasnt anonymous.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:03

I thought Sanchez was great, he showed great endeavor going and retrieving the ball and an excellent work rate, he had good dribbling skills and overall I think a great debut.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:11

We don't need a CB, Mascherano was fine, and Abidal was woeful because he is doing the Ramadan.

We got a great result, and all things considered, our performance was ok.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:15

2-2 is fine with me.We were so sloppy,but it was only the first game and it was expected.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:19

Valdes had a great match and proves again he is better than Casillas (who was quite bad in both goals) right now.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:22

free_cat wrote:We don't need a CB, Mascherano was fine, and Abidal was woeful because he is doing the Ramadan.

He is not doing Ramadan, he got a permission from his country's Mosque to not do this Ramadan because of the operation he had.So no excuse.

We were lacking motivation.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:23

Wthout 5 players from starting 11 (Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Pedro) we had lead.
Biggest problem is this:

Shots
Real Madrid (9+5) : Barca (3+2)

We were not playing good, but it is good result. I hope that Pique, Xavi and Busi will start in second leg.

Sanchez and Mascherano were good.
Villa and Messi showed that they are world class.
Abidal had some problems, Alves made some mistakes.
Thiago needs more time.

Real Madrid played in full strenght, and they played together in pre season.
If this is the best from Real Madrid... Malaga is favourite for 2nd spot LOL Twisted Evil
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:23

Today highlights why I have been yelling and screaming about us getting Fab. I have never seen our midfield get bossed like that since Pep took over.

Thiago is a wonderful player but he is just not ready to control the midfield against premium competition.

I will say it again, I like Thiago but scoring some goals in pre-season and under 21 tournament's is not the same as playing Madrid away from Camp Nou. I just think Fab would have settled the midfield and we wouldn't have been outshot 20-5 or whatever it was.

Pray Xavi does not pick up a long term injury.

Please don't kill me, like I said I like Thiago, but Cesc is just a much better player right now.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:24

With our full strength squad, I don't see why we should have any problem brushing them aside, they played well but their finishing was woeful and Ronaldo, their talisman was absolutely awful, dominated by Mascherano tonight.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:28

Lionel Messi wrote:With our full strength squad, I don't see why we should have any problem brushing them aside, they played well but their finishing was woeful and Ronaldo, their talisman was absolutely awful, dominated by Mascherano tonight.

We cannot count on being full strength all the time. Especially if we have to play those cheaters 4-5 times a year. I mean some of the tackling was shameful. Khedira, Pepe, and Marcelo were only in there to hurt people although Messi made Pepe look like his bitch.

On the main forum the Madrid posters were still saying the refs favored us, I mean how delusional can you get. The ref should have shown Red to Pepe and Khedira. Khedira almost took abidals face off.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:30

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:32

dnmac4 wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:With our full strength squad, I don't see why we should have any problem brushing them aside, they played well but their finishing was woeful and Ronaldo, their talisman was absolutely awful, dominated by Mascherano tonight.

We cannot count on being full strength all the time. Especially if we have to play those cheaters 4-5 times a year. I mean some of the tackling was shameful. Khedira, Pepe, and Marcelo were only in there to hurt people although Messi made Pepe look like his bitch.

On the main forum the Madrid posters were still saying the refs favored us, I mean how delusional can you get. The ref should have shown Red to Pepe and Khedira. Khedira almost took abidals face off.
Agreed, and yes I know, I believe with this game it proves that Thiago is not ready for the big games right now so we have Cesc, which is excellent. This game made me excited for the season because it proves that with even a makeshift defense + midfield we can hold off one of the strongest attacks in the world.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:33

good game barca, valdez definetly deserves a credit from me.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:36

The xcx wrote:good game barca, valdez definetly deserves a credit from me.

Thanks, likewise. We were very lucky to get out of there 2-2. BTW, I'm not blaming anyone but do you know what was up with Mou and Pep not shaking hands at the end? It's kinda childish and needs to stop.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:38

Agreed I loved the fighting spirit tonight. We usually cruise in most of our games so you forget how much fight is in our team.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:42

metinsk wrote:
free_cat wrote:We don't need a CB, Mascherano was fine, and Abidal was woeful because he is doing the Ramadan.

He is not doing Ramadan, he got a permission from his country's Mosque to not do this Ramadan because of the operation he had.So no excuse.

He is doing the ramadan, not as strict as usual, but he is doing it:

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/20110731/abidal-empieza-ramadan/1099733.shtml
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:43

dnmac4 wrote:Today highlights why I have been yelling and screaming about us getting Fab. I have never seen our midfield get bossed like that since Pep took over.

Thiago is a wonderful player but he is just not ready to control the midfield against premium competition.

I will say it again, I like Thiago but scoring some goals in pre-season and under 21 tournament's is not the same as playing Madrid away from Camp Nou. I just think Fab would have settled the midfield and we wouldn't have been outshot 20-5 or whatever it was.

Please don't kill me, like I said I like Thiago, but Cesc is just a much better player right now.

I didn't like Thiago today, but your analysis is completely wrong.

Thiago barely touched the ball because we couldn't bring it forward from the defence. Why? Because Keita was playing in Busi's role.

Ps. Thiago was nervous today, he told it to the reporter right now. He was playing very good at the start of the second half.

Last edited by free_cat on Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:49; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:48

Will Busquets miss the Camp Nou game? You clearly missed him and Xavi. (mostly Xavi becouse I felt like Thiago didn't do his role properly)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:49

free_cat wrote:
metinsk wrote:

He is doing the ramadan, not as strict as usual, but he is doing it:

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/20110731/abidal-empieza-ramadan/1099733.shtml

What does "not as strict as usual" means?

If he is eating/drinking during Ramadan time, he aint doing it at all.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:52

free_cat wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Today highlights why I have been yelling and screaming about us getting Fab. I have never seen our midfield get bossed like that since Pep took over.

Thiago barely touched the ball because we couldn't bring it forward from the defence. Why? Because Keita was playing in Busi's role.

We can agree to disagree but we have played with tons of different makeshift back line's over the last two years and nothing has ever happened like tonight. Also, if you want to blame Keita thats fine too but again if Fab was there he could have controlled getting the ball out of the back and not Keita.

I'm just making a point that Fab has a place on this team and is needed. Also to be fair I don't think it was all on Thiago or Keita as it was a team effort to look that bad but when we did get it out of the back we had no clue what to do with it and couldn't hold posession. With Iniesta, Fab and Keita running the midfield I think we look a lot better then Thiago, Iniesta and Keita. Just my opinion.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:54

omarish wrote:Will Busquets miss the Camp Nou game? You clearly missed him and Xavi. (mostly Xavi becouse I felt like Thiago didn't do his role properly)

Agreed. He is not ready for that type of game, but to be fair most kids his age are not. Plus you could tell he doesn't have the time playing with the first team and they didn't trust him 100% so that wasn't his fault either.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 0:56

My thoughts..

Striking
I thought we could have had a better game overall. Sanchez showed that he can really give pedro a run for his money for the starter spot. He made some good dribbles and sometimes he was done in by Marcelo(it's his first game...nerves and he just needs to gel more...this should do the trick). Villa shows why just having him on the field can guarantee you at least a goal a game when he is on form. Pretty good today with the small amount of chances that he actually had going forward. Messi, well when the kid has a bad game, he scores one and assists one. My goodness, how much better will he get? Well, I can't wait to see. He got precious few touches of the ball, but EACH time he got it, Barca had a good attacking spell.

Our midfield was the problem. Thiago clearly was not ready at the beginning(nerves and jitters?) but he gradually grew into the game when the goals were scored. I wouldn't worry too much...espescially with Cesc here. Even so, I think Keita was the biggest problem. It's not Keita himself, but the fact that his role was ineffective this match. Most of the time Madrid had the ball and he wasn't pressing as he should. His passing and positioning also left a lot to be desired. If it were Busquets in there, I'm sure we would have had much more possession and midfield dominance. Iniesta had some good touches, but he still needs more time to get back into form.

Our defense was not horrible, but not good either. Abidal wasn't at his best(probably because of Ramadan) however Mascherano continues to prove his defensive qualities. Alves wasn't bad but he definitely didn't get forward as he usually does. This is his first game back however, and I'll give him more time to get back in. Adriano had a solid game however was at fault for the 1st goal(being out of position and not helping Abidal). It could also be argued that Masch. was out of position for the first goal(madrid) as well. The 2nd goal was a bit of a lucky shot for Alonso in that it somehow went through 4 of our defenders without hitting them but I think that our defenders should have pressed him a bit more. In other words, I don't think he should have been allowed to take that shot in the first place.

All in all, not a horrible game... and a good result for us. However there is a lot of room for improvement and I expect everything to come back together in time for the 2nd leg. Hoping for a big win in the camp nou
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 1:00

dnmac4 wrote:
free_cat wrote:

We can agree to disagree but we have played with tons of different makeshift back line's over the last two years and nothing has ever happened like tonight. Also, if you want to blame Keita thats fine too but again if Fab was there he could have controlled getting the ball out of the back and not Keita.

I'm just making a point that Fab has a place on this team and is needed. Also to be fair I don't think it was all on Thiago or Keita as it was a team effort to look that bad but when we did get it out of the back we had no clue what to do with it and couldn't hold posession. With Iniesta, Fab and Keita running the midfield I think we look a lot better then Thiago, Iniesta and Keita. Just my opinion.

I couldn't count a single time Keita received the ball under pressure and move it forward to thiago.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next