Raptorgunner
The Verminator
Jay29
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Francesc Fabregas - A Tribute Empty Francesc Fabregas - A Tribute

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:00 pm

It will not be long now before Fabregas is unveiled to thousands of supporters in the colours of his hometown club, Barcelona. It's been a move about three years in the making and, after long last, this protracted saga will come to an end.

Affectionately known as "Cesc" and, later, "El Capitan", Fabregas joined Arsenal at the tender age of 15. A deep-lying midfielder with a fantastic range of passing, it took Fabregas only a year to break into Arsenal's first team, becoming Arsenal's youngest ever player in a League Cup game against Rottheram at 16 and 177 days old. He became the clubs youngest ever goalscorer in the same competition, in a game against Wolverhampton.

In the 04/05 season, Fabregas filled in for the injured Vieira and demonstrated his surpreme talent. With further injuries to Edu and Gilberto Silva, Fabregas received more playing time. It was a season to remember for the youngster; appearing 46 times for Arsenal and winning the F.A. Cup against Manchester United. Unfortunately, that one F.A. Cup would be his only major honour as an Arsenal player.

Francesc Fabregas - A Tribute Cesc-Fabregas-young-Career-Summary

Cesc as a young boy at Arsenal. Check out that mullet!

The only way from there was up. Vieira left the club the following season and Fabregas stepped up to fill the void, despite the fans urging the club to sign a replacement. His most notable performance was against Juventus in the Champions League quarter-final. Up against Vieira, Fabregas dominated the midfield. He scored the opening goal and set-up Thierry Henry for the second. With another 50 appearances under his belt, Fabregas was called up to the Spanish national team for the 2006 World Cup. He made four appearances and became Spain's youngest ever representative at a World Cup.

Francesc Fabregas - A Tribute Cesc_fabregas_1876569c

Cesc celebrating his goal against Juventus.

Fabregas took his game to a higher level in the following two seasons. In 06/07, he ended up with 16 assists and in 07/08, he finished with 22 assists and 13 goals. Perhaps his best moment of the this season was his long range effort against AC Milan at the San Siro. With the game still at 0-0 with ten minutes to go, Fabregas had a go from way out and found the bottom corner.

He was a part of the Spain side that won the 2008 European Championships, scoring once, assisting three times and netting the winning penalty in the shoot-out against Italy. He started in the final against Germany and was named in the team of the tournament.

After the debacle with William Gallas in the 08/09 season, Fabregas was named as Arsenal captain. He would unfortunately miss four months of this season, but still managed 15 assists.

The following season proved to be his best. He ended the season with 19 goals and 19 assists. Some of his best moments included setting four goals in a 6-1 win over Blackburn, scoring a brace against Aston Villa after coming on as a sub in a 3-0 win and scoring a penalty at home to Barcelona despite having a fracture in his leg.

Despite Arsenal going trophyless again, Fabregas will remember 2010 very fondly. He was a part of the Spain team that won the 2010 World Cup and he set-up the winning goal in the final against the Netherlands; playing in Andres Iniesta in the dying moments of extra-time.

Cesc's last season with the Gunners was riddled with injuries, but he still ended up with 9 goals and 17 assists. It was another year without success, and the dreaded day where he would join his boyhood club was drawing closer and closer. After a long summer of speculation, he finally got his move.

From a personal viewpoint, I don't care if Fabregas wanted away from the club in the end. He grew up at Arsenal and have us seven terrific years of service. He was the mastermind in this Arsenal team; the one with the ability to create chance after chance. There simply weren't many midfielders who could pick a pass like he could, or could control a match like he could or even score as many goals as he could. To go with his genius, he was passionate and determined. In the end, Fabregas did not get the success he deserved at Arsenal and I can only wish him well in his future endeavours.

Cesc may not be considered to be an Arsenal legend, but he's damn close to being one. How could he not be, after being such a fantastic player for us?

So thanks for everything, Cesc Fabregas.

Francesc Fabregas - A Tribute Cesc-Fabregas-says-goodbye

We've not got Cesc Fabregas anymore...

Final Stats

Appearances: 303
Goals: 57
Assists: 100

You know, I think he might have more assists than that...

Feel free to post pictures, videos and pay your own tributes to this great player.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Francesc Fabregas - A Tribute Empty Re: Francesc Fabregas - A Tribute

Post by The Verminator Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:05 pm

SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Captain Cesc I wish you all the best and you will be missed, you were a class during you whole time at Arsenal and I thank you for all your hard work and joy you brought for us.

I just hope you made the right choice, giving up the Captain arm band to go and fight for you spot in Barcelona.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:20 pm

psst, we dnt need tributes right now this is nonsense..we have a season to worry about....we appreciate fabregas's service but the style and manner in which he left this cluab and the destabilizing effect this will have on us will not and cannot be overlooked....

#endrant

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:23 pm

i see. Look he may of left us whent he season started which is a bad time, but please let's not forget what he did for us all those other seasons. He wanted Barce, yet stayed because he was committed to us. And he always kept his mouth shut in the media, tried not to destabilize the club. Look at it that way Bloodless.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:46 pm

The Verminator wrote:i see. Look he may of left us whent he season started which is a bad time, but please let's not forget what he did for us all those other seasons. He wanted Barce, yet stayed because he was committed to us. And he always kept his mouth shut in the media, tried not to destabilize the club. Look at it that way Bloodless.

you are right bro, there r two sides to every story and i know he tried his best...but right now as an arsenal fan, i have no time but to worry about arsenal...nxt summer we can do all the tributes for fab tht he deserves for his wonderful years of service to us

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:50 pm

bloodless wrote:
The Verminator wrote:i see. Look he may of left us whent he season started which is a bad time, but please let's not forget what he did for us all those other seasons. He wanted Barce, yet stayed because he was committed to us. And he always kept his mouth shut in the media, tried not to destabilize the club. Look at it that way Bloodless.

you are right bro, there r two sides to every story and i know he tried his best...but right now as an arsenal fan, i have no time but to worry about arsenal...nxt summer we can do all the tributes for fab tht he deserves for his wonderful years of service to us

Why should we wait to appreciate Fabregas? Not every bit of discussion right now has to be about our impending doom.

If you've got no time for anything else, why bother posting in this thread?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:51 pm

I don't care if i get negged to hell, i'm not going to pretend i want him to be happy and successful at Barca

Appreciate everything he's done, but frak him
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:55 pm

as much i would like to say have a great future.....i can't.....

my wish is that Super_Floren's predict comes true.....and the Arsenal curse happens
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:01 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
bloodless wrote:

Why should we wait to appreciate Fabregas? Not every bit of discussion right now has to be about our impending doom.

If you've got no time for anything else, why bother posting in this thread?

impending doom? please, every discussion now has to be about arsenal and the players who have stuck by us! we can't waste another second on this saga, if you choose to go ahead! i only voice my opinion and view on the topic...i can also post wherever i want buddy, no need to get personal

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:13 am

This guy is a LEGEND ad I dotn care what anyone says. He played like a true captain, always gave his best, lead by example, and has the stats to back it up. i dont care of lack of trophies because that wasnt his fault, it was a lack of spending and putting legit talen around him or as last year, injury problems.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:29 am

Aight no more crying now, lets grow boys. Losing cesc is like losing your favortie toy, its sad, but it in the end, you learn from it and you grow up a little bit.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 am

lets cut it out shall we ?

Blood, Yes its good in a way that cesc is gone But you simply cant forget the last 8 years. You can not forget his time at Arsenal

This is a tribute for a player we all loved when he was at Arsenal. What he did this summer, isnt important. Cesc deserves to be applauded for the last 8 years he gave us.

My tribute shortly
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:41 am

RealGunner wrote:lets cut it out shall we ?

Blood, Yes its good in a way that cesc is gone But you simply cant forget the last 8 years. You can not forget his time at Arsenal

This is a tribute for a player we all loved when he was at Arsenal. What he did this summer, isnt important. Cesc deserves to be applauded for the last 8 years he gave us.

My tribute shortly

RG, as you guys wish too...but I personally don't see the use of this now, when as a club we have to worry now about the moral of our players left, not about tributing someone who just left us after season started looking desperate...

Last edited by bloodless on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:42 am

My apologies. I got a bit tetchy there.

Must admit, I got a little teary watching a couple of videos. Embarassed

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:46 am

Lets not forget that Cesc loves Arsenal and it was our fault for not surrounding him with quality players to win.

Barcelona wining everything did not help us also. I do believe Cesc made a mistake and we might see him back at Arsenal in near future.

Good luck to Cesc and frak Barcelona.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:46 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:My apologies. I got a bit tetchy there.

I feel you bro, we need to stick together and we need to focus on what we have and who we are! and that is the arsenal..we are the arsenal, yes we are

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:My apologies. I got a bit tetchy there.

\

Jay bro we all on the same boat here, I could not finish the videos, sad day. We have to keep our head up and look for the future, this year might not be a great year for us, but the future is bright.

If wenger wants to save his job at Arsenal he must buy, there is still time to get the players we need, we have the cash.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 am

Impending doom?

I have been online ever since the news eventually broke out. I have shed my share of tears. I have torn my hair out of losing him, knowing what he has meant to us, how classy he is, how much we will miss him, ... the list is endless.

I decided to post only after I was past my initially gutted feelings.

Bloodless - We all know how you are feeling and I empathize with you.
Jay - Good to see the tribute. Appreciation should not be deferred to the future. This is the moment to respect the legend and thank him. Your tribute is timely.

Is all lost? No.

I have given thought over this, and look forward to my rant/post about why I feel all is not lost. In just about 15-20 minutes.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:09 am

fck with cecs we could have become unstoppable. i dont give a frak xavi, zidane whoever! know one puts in a final ball like he does KNOW ONE!. he the one that made us cut teams open like knife through butter. the guy put in through balls without even looking. this is all wengers fault for not strengthening our squad, and letting key players go ffs.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:34 am

I wish he'd stay longer, and I certainly don't want Barca to continue having success at the expense of clubs like ours, but I still wish him all the best for the rest of his career. He was here for 8 years, and gave us so much joy during that time.

I'm not really angry at him; I'm disappointed that the club couldn't reward him for all his efforts. I'm disappointed that the Cesc Fabregas/youth project never worked out while he was here. He deserved more during his time here, just as we deserved more, but that's the way it is sometimes. I will always consider him an Arsenal legend.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:54 am

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:18 am

I still keep his shirt, up there with Tony, Dennis, Robert and Titi. Legends never die Sad Wish him the best
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:19 am

Twoism wrote:I still keep his shirt, up there with Tony, Dennis, Robert and Titi. Legends never die Sad Wish him the best
Good man.
As will I.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:39 am

We love you for everything you did for us Capitano, you deserve to be where you want. Onto the new era
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next