Rossoneri Ninja
BiasedMilanFan3
13 posters

Go down

Zambrotta or Taiwo Empty Zambrotta or Taiwo

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:49 am

LB
Zambrotta or Taiwo?
I didn't include Antonini because he will always be the back-up to....well....the back-up LB

Both have their strong points. Taiwo is an impressive physical presence on the pitch and even though at the moment, he looks a bit sluggish, Taye will get back to that pace he was famous for. His shot is arguably the most powerful on the team. As an opposition player standing still with the ball, facing Taiwo, (from what I've seen) you are committing possessional suicide taking him on. Taiwo looks like an absolute pro at this.

Zambrotta, on the other hand, will be undergoing his 4th season at the club and has been VERY impressive under Allegri. Seeing as how he's Italian, he can communicate easily with Nesta, Silva, Mexes and Abate easily as well as our midfield, this alone is a VERY important factor for Milan's defence at the moment. He may not be the athlete that Taiwo is but he knows Allegri's system like the back of his hand and, in my opinion, is a safer option.

----------

At the moment, I think we should be sticking to Zambrotta as our LB. Taiwo could be very good for us when Zambrotta is injured but Taye needs to learn the rules of Milan first.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Zambrotta or Taiwo Empty Re: Zambrotta or Taiwo

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 am

My preference is Zambro until Taiwo learns how to communicate properly then Zamrbo should be used as back up to both Abate and Taiwo if the need arises.

However all this could be irrelevant since it seems Zambro could be going to Fiorentina to seal off the deal for Montolivo.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:My preference is Zambro until Taiwo learns how to communicate properly then Zamrbo should be used as back up to both Abate and Taiwo if the need arises.

However all this could be irrelevant since it seems Zambro could be going to Fiorentina to seal off the deal for Montolivo.

We would be throwing away squad depth if we did that
Taiwo or Zambrotta being a back-up is luxury for Milan fans, no matter who is first and second choice

But I can't see Zambro leaving, Allegri would never allow it
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:17 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:My preference is Zambro until Taiwo learns how to communicate properly then Zamrbo should be used as back up to both Abate and Taiwo if the need arises.

Taiwo or Zambrotta being a back-up is luxury for Milan fans, no matter who is first and second choice

Zambrotta is 34 and can't really be relied upon to be physically ready for another season, remember how he ( Allegri ) rested Zambro an additional week or 2 after his injury, to get him ready for last few crucial games.

The midfield is weak compared to the elite in Europe, we need the Monto deal to go swiftly and smoothly. Fiorentina are looking for a Rb and Zambrotta is ideal for them.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Milan have Antonini as a backup dont they and also you have to consider the age factor which plays an important role here..

Although Zambrotta is clearly a better backup option than Antonini..But the point is Milan have someone who is willing to be a squad player at Milan for years to come...

A quality 34 yr old backup or an average 29 yr old backup,that is for Milan to decide..

Milan should rather give off Oddo although it will mean that there wouldnt be any progress in the Montolivo deal..

Its been quite a few seasons where Milan have not had a Left footed Pacy Fullback who loves to bomb up and down the flanks so i think Taiwo should be Milan's first choice..

And considering Allegri's defensive game ,he might well become Abate's clone on the left side under Allegri's tutelage..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:

Zambrotta is 34 and can't really be relied upon to be physically ready for another season, remember how he ( Allegri ) rested Zambro an additional week or 2 after his injury, to get him ready for last few crucial games.

The midfield is weak compared to the elite in Europe, we need the Monto deal to go swiftly and smoothly. Fiorentina are looking for a Rb and Zambrotta is ideal for them.

Zambrotta can play one more season,
and I think he'll be adequate at LB
It's by no means a guarantee but if Tassotti can do the whole Abate thing again, then Milan will be set.
Zambrotta will just be the safer option in the earlier stages of the season until Taiwo finds his feet

Antonini for Montolivo perhaps?
He's a LB who we don't necessarily need.
It would actually be easier to just pay the 10 million, its not a huge sum for the value we'd get
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:03 pm

bonera to fiorentina as part of the montolivo deal hopefully
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 pm

fiorentina want zambrotta on the montolivo exchange

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2011/08/16/milan-and-fiorentina-an-exchange-for-monotlivo/
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Abate can play both LB and RB at the same time
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Milan have Antonini as a backup dont they and also you have to consider the age factor which plays an important role here..

Although Zambrotta is clearly a better backup option than Antonini..But the point is Milan have someone who is willing to be a squad player at Milan for years to come...

A quality 34 yr old backup or an average 29 yr old backup,that is for Milan to decide..

Milan should rather give off Oddo although it will mean that there wouldnt be any progress in the Montolivo deal..

Its been quite a few seasons where Milan have not had a Left footed Pacy Fullback who loves to bomb up and down the flanks so i think Taiwo should be Milan's first choice..

And considering Allegri's defensive game ,he might well become Abate's clone on the left side under Allegri's tutelage..

This^. I couldn't agree more.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:14 am

Taiwo, he's the answer to the LB problem.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Zambrotta is still a valuable squad member under Allegri. He can play on both flanks and still rock solid defensively.

Give them Bonera and Oddo in addition for the deal, they could be used in exchange for several pieces of lottery tickets, and who knows if they could buy some worthy rb if they won.
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:25 pm

I like Zambro, he may be old but he is still very good defensively so he is a quality back up, we will need him when the African Cup of Nations comes around in January/February and Taiwo will be playing in that.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/08/19/2626691/ac-milans-massimiliano-allegri-taye-taiwo-needs-time-to-adapt-to-

AC Milan's Massimiliano Allegri: Taye Taiwo needs time to adapt to Italian football

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has voiced his belief that left-back Taye Taiwo's performances will improve once he gets used to life in Italy.

The Nigeria international received some criticism in the wake of his disappointing performance against Juventus at the Trofeo Tim on Thursday evening, but Allegri thinks that the main reason is that Taiwo is still adapting to his new surroundings.

"I agree that he could have done better, but the rest of the team could have done better, too," Allegri was quoted as saying on a press conference, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"He needs a bit of time though. He's still getting used to Italian football and is slowly getting to know the language and culture."

The 26-year-old Taiwo joined Milan from Marseille on a free transfer this summer and secured a contract until the summer of 2014 with the Serie A champions.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:59 am

Taiwo is physically a tank, nothing to worry about him, just need to improve at defending. Once he understand what our team is all about, he will gonna be fine.
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:13 am

fadjriemilan wrote:Taiwo is physically a tank, nothing to worry about him, just need to improve at defending. Once he understand what our team is all about, he will gonna be fine.

If Tasotti can turn a right winger into the best right back in Italy ( :coffee: ), he can turn an already left back into the best left back in Italy ( :coffee: ). Lets have faith, this kid was starting at one of France's biggest clubs when he was 20.

But I cannot help myself from saying "I told you so" in regards to Taiwo's transfer potentially not being as smooth as imagined by some posters.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:04 am

I'd always choose Zambrotta first, but he is old now and cannot play every game. I'd like to see him as the "big game" player and Taiwo plays the rest, but I know that won't happen. Taiwo will most likely be the starter since Zambrotta doesn't have the legs to do it anymore. He will be a great back up though.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:02 pm

Depends on who we're playing. A team with fast strikers, Taiwo. A team with slow, more technical strikers, Zambrotta. I'd definitely prefer Taiwo against the big Spanish and English teams in the Champions League. Form will end up dictating who plays or not. My real concern is that we might have to play Antonini, Oddo or ...'Bonerror' (who btw is tied to us till 2013!) against a decent European team and then suffer an inevitable, yet slow and painful death because we have only half a defence and no width up forward. Please no!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:49 pm

I can't see Bonera playing much with Nesta, Silva, Mexes and Yepes in front of him
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum