Latest Rumour

4 posters

Go down

Latest Rumour Empty Latest Rumour

Post by ErPupone Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 4:32

Sorry guys, I know there's a rumour thread already. but this one deserves a thread of it's own.

LaRoma24

One side of my mind is saying that this would be a bad idea, but the other side is saying "F*** YAAA". Now, I know this is probably another unfounded rumour, but what would you guys think of this?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Latest Rumour Empty Re: Latest Rumour

Post by narbeZ Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 14:03

Oh man Mike. I would be absolutely all for this move. We need experience. Cassano is probably my fav serie a player after Totti.

Totti/cassano reunion would be epic.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 16:33

Our management is supposedly dismissing this idea as it would be a pretty big risk and because he doesn't have the best relationship with our fans. However, since Osvaldo has signed for Atletico, Nilmar's asking price is too high and Abel Hernandez only for sale if Palermo get their hands on another striker, Cassano may end up being our only option in two weeks time.

PS- not sure if the article mentions it, but the rumour was that it may be a Cassano-Borriello swap deal. I would actually try keeping both, but I don't think Cassano would want to be our 4th or 5th striker since he wants to secure his spot on the national team. That being said, Cassano would fit in much better tactically than Borriello.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 17:16

I would be most definitely against this move..Now don't get me wrong he's a great talent and all but Cassano is a losse cannon the guy is a big liability and most Roma fans hate..We don't need another Menez in the team...

PS - did any of you guys see Isla last night..Now thats the player we should be going for ..not this clown...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 19:50

The Fonz wrote:I would be most definitely against this move..Now don't get me wrong he's a great talent and all but Cassano is a losse cannon the guy is a big liability and most Roma fans hate..We don't need another Menez in the team...

PS - did any of you guys see Isla last night..Now thats the player we should be going for ..not this clown...

I think he would have much more drive than Menez (sorry Narbez). He knows he needs to work a lot this year and is more mature now than he was when he left us. He is a loose cannon, no doubt about that, but I think Enrique would be able to control him. The problem would be in fact the fans' reception, which I think would be quite mixed. Some would be glad to welcome him back, while others want him as far away from Roma as possible.

But, the main problem would be a financial one. The rumour, as I mentioned, had Borriello going the other way. This would make absolutely no sense financially. We techincally just bought Borriello for 10 million euros. Cassano went to Milan for barely anything, so with a swap of this sort, we would basically be giving Milan 10 million euros. To even things out, we would ask for Cassano and cash for Borriello, something which Milan would most definitely not do. So this swap is highly unlikely.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2011 - 22:23

The Fonz wrote:I would be most definitely against this move..Now don't get me wrong he's a great talent and all but Cassano is a losse cannon the guy is a big liability and most Roma fans hate..We don't need another Menez in the team...

:coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 1:46

I've just about accepted the fact Dave that we will never get Isla...

This guy put on a show yesterday, and is no longer Calcio's best kept secret.

He will be Pozzo's next big sale...

When Cassano is your third and last resort option, you know that must be a good thing...

I would be ecstatic if he joined us in the last couple days much like Borriello last season. I fail to see why Milan would want Marco back...

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 2:10

You know with all this Nilmar talk, its weird how we haven't once been linked to Giuseppe Rossi...

I guess it makes too much sense. Di Benedetto said when he first took over, that he wanted to build Roma's brand in North America...Rossi would do that.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 2:25

narbeZ wrote:You know with all this Nilmar talk, its weird how we haven't once been linked to Giuseppe Rossi...

I guess it makes too much sense. Di Benedetto said when he first took over, that he wanted to build Roma's brand in North America...Rossi would do that.

Giuseppe Rossi is Italian. American fans believe him to be a traitor and thus he's not at all liked here so signing him wouldn't endear us to America anymore than we already are.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 6:23

ErPupone wrote:

I think he would have much more drive than Menez (sorry Narbez). He knows he needs to work a lot this year and is more mature now than he was when he left us. He is a loose cannon, no doubt about that, but I think Enrique would be able to control him. The problem would be in fact the fans' reception, which I think would be quite mixed. Some would be glad to welcome him back, while others want him as far away from Roma as possible.

But, the main problem would be a financial one. The rumour, as I mentioned, had Borriello going the other way. This would make absolutely no sense financially. We techincally just bought Borriello for 10 million euros. Cassano went to Milan for barely anything, so with a swap of this sort, we would basically be giving Milan 10 million euros. To even things out, we would ask for Cassano and cash for Borriello, something which Milan would most definitely not do. So this swap is highly unlikely.

I don't know i watched a lot of Milan last season *ESPN HAS A HARD ON FOR THEM* And anytime Cassano was playing he never really impressed,the guy is lazy and at times look realy disinterested with what's going on around him ...Anyways i can't really see this move happening...

sciacca wrote:

:coffee:

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

narbeZ wrote:I've just about accepted the fact Dave that we will never get Isla...

This guy put on a show yesterday, and is no longer Calcio's best kept secret.

He will be Pozzo's next big sale...

When Cassano is your third and last resort option, you know that must be a good thing...

I would be ecstatic if he joined us in the last couple days much like Borriello last season. I fail to see why Milan would want Marco back...

Fair enough Matt..I know i should probably shut up about him ..It's just I'm still pissed off by the fact that we missed the chance to sign him and Sanchez a few season's back..

Isla to Barca next season ... Evil or Very Mad

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 3:28

The Fonz wrote:

Isla to Barca next season ... Evil or Very Mad

To sit on the bench with Cesc...lol