Ganso
xabi
ErPupone
the xcx
REWB
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats Empty Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:50 pm

Both among top 10 players of all time IMO

Back to top Go down

Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats Empty Re: Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats

Post by REWB Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:54 pm

NOT XAVI LOOL no way. just having good passing is not enough to be a top 10 ffs. zidane yes, of course
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats Empty Re: Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats

Post by the xcx Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Zidane top 10, Xavi dosent have a place in there.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:01 pm

He does.

What has Zidane done in his career that Xavi hasn't ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Xavi top 10 of all time? Sorry, but no chance. Great player, no doubt about that, but definitely does not have a place in the top 10 players of all time.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Sepi wrote:He does.

What has Zidane done in his career that Xavi hasn't ?

if zidane was in this barca side, he would do everything that xavi does and more.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:05 pm

both in top 10

xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:08 pm

zidane yes,xavi no.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:08 pm

I think they both Rank extremely high to be honest.

Obviously in terms of achievements, Xavi is going to have plenty of trophies since he played for a better team than zidane did, but Xavi is arguably one of the finest CM of all time i think.

He deserves that much recognition. We love zidane for everything he was, including his style, personality and class, but football wise, both are just as great.

i would say top 20 isnt too farfeitched if we think about it. maybe even top 15, we criminally underrate midfielders on that list of all time greats, and spend too much time looking at talent for example.

I rate them very very highly, certainly two of the greatest midfielders i have ever seen.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Zidane is Top 10-15. Xavi is top 40-50.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:33 pm

zidane top 10 xavi top 15 Very Happy
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:40 pm

xavi top 10?

sit and think about the greatest forwards,midfielders,and defenders of all time.

xavi is in the 20-30 mark

zidane is in the 10-20 mark.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:50 pm

XAVI IN TOP 10? AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pirlo is on top of him :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Oh give me a frakking break. Xavi played a huge part in Spains first EVER world cup. To have an OPINION that hes top 10 is not ridiculous. And no, I dont share that opinion.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Xavi is Top 40-50 at best. Id say theres 5 or so players right now id place above him. Del Piero, Totti, Ballack, Beckham, Giggs, Ronaldinho, maybe Gerrard and Pirlo.

All time? Baggio, Pele, Garrincha, Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff, Muller, Van Basten, Eusebio, Brazilian Ronaldo, Zico, Shearer, Romario, Klinsmann. Thats just forwards and attacking mids off the top of my head in a matter of 2 minutes of thinking about it. Xavi is great, but nowhere close to top 10. At best hes Top 40-50. AT BEST.

Now Top 10 center mids? Now youre on to something. Off the top of my head, id place Ballack, Matthaus, Vieira, and probably Pirlo above him. But thats all I canthink of right now.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Xavi is criminally underrated here.

He is the fuking Maestro, An absolute joy to watch and I wet my underwears with semen everytime he plays a big game. This is the dude who had 90+% pass completion rate in a CL final.

6 league titles, 3 CLs, Best player of Euro 2008 and best passer of WC 2010 and winning both tournaments.

Those dickheads in FIFA never appreciated him...He should have won WOPTY last year ahead of Messi for me.

Love Xavi <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Beckham ahead of Xavi?

Xavi & Zidane; Where do they fall speaking of all time greats Loller_skates_gif
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Xavi and Zidane both are not top 10.
Pele,Maradona,Ronaldo,cryuff,di stefano,Backenbaur,Platini,garrincha,Eusibeo,
Puskas or gerd muller are best top 10 player of all time imo.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:23 pm

juventus101 wrote:Xavi is Top 40-50 at best. Id say theres 5 or so players right now id place above him. Del Piero, Totti, Ballack, Beckham, Giggs, Ronaldinho, maybe Gerrard and Pirlo.

All time? Baggio, Pele, Garrincha, Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff, Muller, Van Basten, Eusebio, Brazilian Ronaldo, Zico, Shearer, Romario, Klinsmann. Thats just forwards and attacking mids off the top of my head in a matter of 2 minutes of thinking about it. Xavi is great, but nowhere close to top 10. At best hes Top 40-50. AT BEST.

Now Top 10 center mids? Now youre on to something. Off the top of my head, id place Ballack, Matthaus, Vieira, and probably Pirlo above him. But thats all I canthink of right now.

del piero,Beckham,totti? are you kidding me?Xavi is better than those player.Only pirlo is close to him.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Ronaldo is way overrated im sorry. Zidane was a better player than he is.

Unbelievable talent tho, that's what people rate him on.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:26 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Ronaldo is way overrated im sorry. Zidane was a better player than he is.

Sorry nick Individually Ronaldo was better player imo.lol Zidane was inconsistent through out his carrier
he was tournament player though.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Xavi is Top 40-50 at best. Id say theres 5 or so players right now id place above him. Del Piero, Totti, Ballack, Beckham, Giggs, Ronaldinho, maybe Gerrard and Pirlo.

del piero,Beckham,totti? are you kidding me?Xavi is better than those player.Only pirlo is close to him.

So to you Xavi is much better than Del Piero and Totti, but is leveled with Pirlo. Therefore Pirlo is better than Totti and Del Piero. Hmmm, don't agree. If you only watch La Liga though, it's understandable that you think that.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:03 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Ronaldo is way overrated im sorry. Zidane was a better player than he is.

Sorry nick Individually Ronaldo was better player imo.lol Zidane was inconsistent through out his carrier
he was tournament player though.
Zidane was as consistent as you can get. think of iniesta on steroids, and taller
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:32 am

Xavi is CM, Zidane is AM.

They are in same level. Second level.

1. Maradona, Cruyff, Messi, Ronaldo (Real One)...
2. Zidane, Xavi, Rivaldo, Cristiano...
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:40 am

As ErPupone said, how are you gonna tell me that Del Piero and Totti are not as good as Xavi, and the only one th comes close is Pirlo. Maldini is Milans equivalent of Del Piero. Pirlo is not on Del Piero/Maldini/Tottis level. And neither is Xavi. Beckham-Xavi is close, but Ballack is also above Xavi. Honestly, I dont think you watch the bundesliga or serie a. You probably only watch La Liga.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next