Conte seeks Juve identity

2 posters

Go down

Conte seeks Juve identity  Empty Conte seeks Juve identity

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Antonio Conte prepares to face Milan in tomorrow’s Trofeo Berlusconi. “We need to create our own identity, like the other big clubs.”
The Bianconeri drew with Inter and beat the Rossoneri 2-1 in the Trofeo TIM mini-tournament on Thursday evening, showing vast improvements.

“I expect daily answers from the squad. We’ve got to do much better in so many areas,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“The game is a significant test, but we have to look at our everyday work too. My job is to give this side an identity.

“All the top teams, like Inter, Milan, Napoli and Lazio, have their own approach to football and impose it on their opponents. This is what Juventus have to do as well. We need to create our own identity.

“We’ve also got to get used to the word Scudetto again, as it is part of Juventus history. At the same time, we must be realistic and not take the fans for a ride. Let’s just say we are working to become competitive again.

“The Bianconeri finished seventh for the last two seasons, whereas Milan and Inter won it all. The distance between us is not a worry, but rather motivation to do better.”

Simone Pepe, Jorge Martinez, Fabio Quagliarella and Luca Toni are out of Sunday’s traditional pre-season Trofeo Berlusconi at San Siro due to injury.

Summer signing Arturo Vidal was very impressive in the Trofeo TIM and should again take the midfield reins against Milan.

“He is a very versatile player,” smiled Conte. “Vidal played practically every position at international level.

“I didn’t have many strikers at my disposal, so I put him in a slightly more advanced role, where he could show his quality. The club knows the squad needs to be completed and our directors are fully aware of what they have to do.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte seeks Juve identity  Empty Re: Conte seeks Juve identity

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Conte proving he can say things because of who he is, Delneri would be slaughtered for being too provincial with this press conference. Which is a very good thing by the way, say what you mean just don't play like a provinciale.

Conte: la parola scudetto e' nella storia della Juve, io ne ho vinti 5 bisogna riabituarsi a quella parola ma essere molto realisti. <3

JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down