Official: Arsenal sign Carl Jenkinson + Afobe, Aneke and Ozyakup sign new contracts

+12
KMD
Jamin
gmos01
jayp
djoe26
RealGunner
usman111
Sri
bloodless
Sina
TalkingReckless
Jay29
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Carl Jenkinson + Afobe, Aneke and Ozyakup sign new contracts - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: Arsenal sign Carl Jenkinson + Afobe, Aneke and Ozyakup sign new contracts

Post by Iceman Wed 8 Jun - 23:05

Jenkinson did start off by representing England though, then he switched to Finland so I think the probabilities of him joining England, assuming he turns out to be a very good prospect, are not that low.

As for Ozyakup...lets not start overrating him based on nothing. We barely saw one video showing a couple of neat passes. I really doubt he's anywhere near the level that Fabregas was at when he was 16 even. He's a good player who might make it, but with Ramsey, Wilshere and Fabregas all ahead of him, I somehow doubt that.

Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Carl Jenkinson + Afobe, Aneke and Ozyakup sign new contracts - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: Arsenal sign Carl Jenkinson + Afobe, Aneke and Ozyakup sign new contracts

Post by Iceman Wed 8 Jun - 23:06

Raptorgunner wrote:More youth signing great, when the real signing is coming.

Youth Signing > No signing
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed 8 Jun - 23:14

Kid has talent amazing passing accuracy with both feet.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 9 Jun - 0:53

Iceman wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:More youth signing great, when the real signing is coming.

Youth Signing > No signing

In our quest for WC signings, we shouldn't neglect our youth policy.. I'm glad we are actively developing our youth and reserves prospects for the long term.. This season, however, we MUST and WILL strengthen our first team as well..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Fri 10 Jun - 4:59

Player: Jenkinson - The first interview

New signing and lifelong Arsenal fan Carl Jenkinson was at Emirates Stadium watching from the stands last season. Next season he could be lining up in Arsène Wenger’s first team.

The versatile defender completed his move from Charlton Athletic on Wednesday and admits he can’t wait to join up with the squad for pre-season to stake his claim for a place in the team.

After putting pen to paper, Jenkinson spoke exclusively to Arsenal.com about how it feels to join the Club he has supported since he was a boy and his admiration Arsenal legend Tony Adams.

"It's amazing to have joined. Words can't really describe how it feels to be honest,” said the 19-year-old. “Being an Arsenal fan, it's an amazing thing for me and something that I am really excited about.

"My dad has been a season ticket holder for 40-odd years and has been going regularly since he was a kid.

“He brought me up as an Arsenal fan and I've been going since I was young. I even went to a few games last season. My whole family are all massive Arsenal fans.

"I was always a big fan of Tony Adams and I'm reading his book at the moment. He was always someone I looked at as a great leader. He is a player I can learn a lot from and I will be looking to follow in his footsteps.”

Subscribers/Members can now watch the full interview with Carl ‘on demand’ on Arsenal Player.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/player-jenkinson-the-first-interview
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri 10 Jun - 10:33

Arsène Wenger has stressed his delight at the signing of 19-year-old defender Carl Jenkinson, who the joined the Club on Wednesday.

The highly-rated full back became Wenger’s first capture of the summer when he put pen to paper on a move from Charlton Athletic.

“We were watching Carl for some time and he is a player with great talent and natural defensive ability, but also a powerful player who likes to go forward,” said the Arsenal manager.

“He is a strong defender who has made quick progress with Charlton and also with the younger age categories for the Finland national team, showing many great qualities.

“We are excited that Carl is joining us and he will add strength to our squad.”

Jenkinson broke into Charlton’s first team last season and made his debut for the League One outfit against Brentford in December.

The teenager, who has captained Finland Under-19s and also qualifies to represent England, went on to make nine appearances for Chris Powell’s side.

“It’s a dream come true to have signed for Arsenal and I’m just so happy to be joining one of the biggest clubs in the world,” Jenkinson told Arsenal.com.

“I can’t wait to meet my new team-mates and work hard ahead of next season. Arsenal is a club with one of the best managers in football, many world-class players and an absolutely huge following.

“It’s a successful Club which will win trophies in the near future and I’m looking forward to being a part of that.”

Official: Arsenal sign Carl Jenkinson + Afobe, Aneke and Ozyakup sign new contracts - Page 2 Gun__1307698356_jenkinson03
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 10 Jun - 10:39

Sounds like he's genuinely delighted to be with us. That's a good start.

I'll be watching him keenly in the coming friendlies. Even if he doesn't turn out to be jaw-droppingly brillaint or anything close to that level, his versitility will be a useful asset.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 10 Jun - 11:48

they say that Arsenal been scouting him since he was 10.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri 10 Jun - 12:08

crazy...
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2