Rosell: "Either we lower the tension or there will be blood in the streets"

+3
kiranr
harhar11
BarrileteCosmico
7 posters

Go down

Rosell: "Either we lower the tension or there will be blood in the streets" Empty Rosell: "Either we lower the tension or there will be blood in the streets"

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:37 pm

The FC Barcelona president, Sandro Rosell, admitted in the Congres Mundial de Penyes of Barca that was celebrated this Monday in the Palau de Congressos that they will not denounce Mourinho because "one must have common sense, the tension needs to be lowered or we'll end up killing ourselves in the street", in allusion to the post-match confrontations that occurred after the return leg of the Spanish Supercup.

Rosell: "Either we lower the tension or there will be blood in the streets" 1314017006026

Rosell further explained, throughout his speech, that the motive for which they will not denounce Jose Mourinho to the authorities, "There has been a consensus between the technical staff and Zubizarreta to not denounce the action of Mourinho. We do not want to make him into a martyr."

He also added that "Tito Villanova was the first that asked us not to denounce him. Right now we need to be focused on Monaco. The public opinion has already judged him and had it's say". "The images say everything and the relevant organisms must decide whether they will act or not", he added.

About the victory of the Supercup, the azulgrana president has noted that "we came from the beach and we won the title from a team that was much better prepared".

Rosell has also highlighted the added value that his board has had since his arrival at the club, "We are not a Board that speaks too much and provokes. We're different", he admitted.

Finally, the azulgrana president concluded his speech with a confident "The problem is theirs, not ours".

Now what I want to discuss is that later part, the board seems quick to dismiss the atmosphere created by Mourinho, and the players (if Pique is any judge) do too. However they don't seem to consider the fact that the problem is shared.

So how much blame do you think Barca has about these post-match conflicts?

REMINDER: Madrid fans are, as always, welcome to come and discuss with us, but only with well-supported arguments and a constructive attitude.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Rosell: "Either we lower the tension or there will be blood in the streets" Empty Re: Rosell: "Either we lower the tension or there will be blood in the streets"

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:52 pm

I am not a supporter of either team, although when both teams face off, I'm supporting Barca. In my honest opinion Barca doesn't deserve much if any blame. I have no issue with rival teams deciding to play each other aggressive, but once that line has been crossed, I can't support dirty tactics. I just feel that Madrid aren't content with playing hard and pressing Barca, they always go that extra mile and cross over to dirty.

I mean after watching 15-20 min in the first leg of the Super Cup, it was clear that Madrid were the more prepared squad. At least last year things got physical and crazy during competitive matches. I understand even a friendly is not going to be so friendly, but as I stated before, I do have my limits. It was a shame that after such an entertaining match, I felt so disgusted.

What really bothers me is that Madrid actually have an amazing squad and Mourinho still decides to approach Barca with such nasty tactics.

Back to top Go down

Rosell: "Either we lower the tension or there will be blood in the streets" Empty Re: Rosell: "Either we lower the tension or there will be blood in the streets"

Post by harhar11 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Ofc barca has to take some of the blame, but I think the majority should go to llourinho. Last season he seemed to attack barca at every press conference, even though barca had NOTHING to do with the question asked by the journalist. And then comes the central lechera accusing barca with doping and stuff..

Honestly, I have no idea how the barca staff/player didn't speak out sooner than they did...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Barcelona does share the blame for these conflicts.

But i must say that many members of both teams were looking for a fight.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:28 pm

10% blame on Barça

90% for the Evil Empire
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:33 pm

First and foremost, these are grown men partaking in a football game where they get paid MILLIONS upon millions. Why they do this childish behavior is beyond me, and I am talking about the players, and staff on both teams. With that being said, I do think that barca should stop being provoked so easily and so sensitive to what real madrid do. They really need to hop off mourinho's dick.

Obviously what mou has said in press conferences did not help at all though, I will admit. But barca need to do something "gentlemanly" like thing, because at the moment they are the club winning everything, and it would definitely shed off some of the hate of us madridstas.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:First and foremost, these are grown men partaking in a football game where they get paid MILLIONS upon millions. Why they do this childish behavior is beyond me, and I am talking about the players, and staff on both teams. With that being said, I do think that barca should stop being provoked so easily and so sensitive to what real madrid do. They really need to hop off mourinho's dick.

Obviously what mou has said in press conferences did not help at all though, I will admit. But barca need to do something "gentlemanly" like thing, because at the moment they are the club winning everything, and it would definitely shed off some of the hate of us madridstas.

"gentlemanly" as not denouncing your coach for poking our coach's eye so he is not suspended?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:First and foremost, these are grown men partaking in a football game where they get paid MILLIONS upon millions. Why they do this childish behavior is beyond me, and I am talking about the players, and staff on both teams. With that being said, I do think that barca should stop being provoked so easily and so sensitive to what real madrid do. They really need to hop off mourinho's dick.

Or how about Madrid do something gentlemanly? They're mostly the ones to blame.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:40 pm

It's worth mentioning that these incidents didn't happen before Mou got here, even when Barca won against Madrid 6-2. And that nothing has changed on Barca's side since then, so it seems clear to me that that the problem is overwhelmingly caused by Madrid. Barca's share of the blame is to stoop down to their level.

Now the question becomes, is Mourinho encouraging these kinds of incidents or are they merely a bi-product of his aggressive tactics? Or perhaps it's about the us vs the world mentality he creates?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:44 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's worth mentioning that these incidents didn't happen before Mou got here, even when Barca won against Madrid 6-2. And that nothing has changed on Barca's side since then, so it seems clear to me that that the problem is overwhelmingly caused by Madrid. Barca's share of the blame is to stoop down to their level.

Now the question becomes, is Mourinho encouraging these kinds of incidents or are they merely a bi-product of his aggressive tactics? Or perhaps it's about the us vs the world mentality he creates?

Maybe that is why he went and poked Tito's eye. He must have thought he would be punished thus fueling that particular mentality.

Rosell captured precisely when he said he did not want to make Mou a martyr. Plan backfired! bounce
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Actually Mourinho's big mouth has created an environment where refs are afraid to call fouls on his players and where he can poke people in the eye and not get denounced - it's protecting him. I don't think the plan is backfiring at all, by saying all these things he has achieved some sort of impunity.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's worth mentioning that these incidents didn't happen before Mou got here, even when Barca won against Madrid 6-2. And that nothing has changed on Barca's side since then, so it seems clear to me that that the problem is overwhelmingly caused by Madrid. Barca's share of the blame is to stoop down to their level.

alfred, Ramon Calderon said it best. Mourinho has done these things right through his career. He is not going to change now. Real Madrid go along with it because they are currently dependent on Mourinho. They know that not giving in to his ways could mean him leaving the club. He is seen as their biggest chance to overcome Barcelona's domination. Maybe internally a few Real Madrid fans and socios feel ashamed of his actions but are powerless at the moment.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum