BarrileteCosmico
kiranr
che
Lex
chinomaster182
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are there too many Spanish players in La Liga? A statistical analysis - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there too many Spanish players in La Liga? A statistical analysis

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Germany, Spain, France, Brazil and Argentina produce the most talent in the world by far.

Mexico has a lot of talent too... but the domestic development and professional leagues are so corrupt and bad that only very few players get there.

Back to top Go down

Are there too many Spanish players in La Liga? A statistical analysis - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there too many Spanish players in La Liga? A statistical analysis

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:31 pm

So a league can have too many of its national players?

Yay lets all buy russians infact lets replace Sky Sports with Skiikov Sportskovsky Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:So a league can have too many of its national players?

Yay lets all buy russians infact lets replace Sky Sports with Skiikov Sportskovsky Laughing

I think they're at a disadvantage for having too many national players, they can sign anyone from the European Union and they chose to limit their talent pool to only local players.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:31 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:
Lex wrote:Pretty impressive stuff from Bilbao

Yes, impressive solidarity, i myself would like to win something every once in a while Razz
Thats funny considering the won a double of the Spanish Super cup and Copa del rey in 2009.

Not to mention having the most Copa del rey's of all time in the Liga and being the 4th most successful.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:38 pm

And Espana without Barca players would still be the best in the world.

Casillas, Reina, De Gea, Ander, Alonso, Javi, Silva, Cazorla, Iraola, Arbeloa, Monreal, Llorente, Torres, Mata, Ramos, Borja, Navas, Arteta, Azpulicueta,

I don't even have to mention the eye-popping youth we have coming up.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Arquitecto wrote:And Espana without Barca players would still be the best in the world.

Casillas, Reina, De Gea, Ander, Alonso, Javi, Silva, Cazorla, Iraola, Arbeloa, Monreal, Llorente, Torres, Mata, Ramos, Borja, Navas, Arteta, Azpulicueta,

Absolutely not. Without Barca players Spain go from top 1 to debatable top 5. Not to mention the whole chemistry the team has is based on Barca players (this is not specific to Spain, it's common for winning national teams to have most of their 'core' in a single team - think italjuve and bayern).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
chinomaster182 wrote:

Yes, impressive solidarity, i myself would like to win something every once in a while Razz
Thats funny considering the won a double of the Spanish Super cup and Copa del rey in 2009.

Not to mention having the most Copa del rey's of all time in the Liga and being the 4th most successful.

You're right, i was a bit quick saying they don't win anything, their successes are a triumph of their hard work and good planning, what else could have they achieved if they weren't so idealistic?

Also, we should all know inside whats more important to us and not go into glass houses. In goal legacy Wenger is a fool because he has ideals and Athletic Bilbao is a great club because of them?

Arquitecto wrote:And Espana without Barca players would still be the best in the world.

I disagree, i believe the tiki taka style is to a very large degree in part of the Barcelona players. Saying that losing Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Puyol, Pique and Villa is of no detriment to the team is delusional at best. Don't fall into the name dropping game, ask England fans how it works out.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:51 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Absolutely not. Without Barca players Spain go from top 1 to debatable top 5. Not to mention the whole chemistry the team has is based on Barca players (this is not specific to Spain, it's common for winning national teams to have most of their 'core' in a single team - think italjuve and bayern).

Ok, maybe not THE best in the world.

But definitely in the top 5 if not top 3.

VDB's system never has a reliance on individualism as his tactics and system won us the WC as the replacements for the Barca players (except in the CB positions) are world class and have played enough with each other to have a clear and distinct chemistry with each other and has been proven time and time again.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:56 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
chinomaster182 wrote:

You're right, i was a bit quick saying they don't win anything, their successes are a triumph of their hard work and good planning, what else could have they achieved if they weren't so idealistic?

Also, we should all know inside whats more important to us and not go into glass houses. In goal legacy Wenger is a fool because he has ideals and Athletic Bilbao is a great club because of them?

I disagree, i believe the tiki taka style is to a very large degree in part of the Barcelona players. Saying that losing Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Puyol, Pique and Villa is of no detriment to the team is delusional at best. Don't fall into the name dropping game, ask England fans how it works out.

Never said of NO detriment.

Despite the popular belief, Espana's game isn't only Tiki Taka as its a different style of possession football that is more similar to Creole football and possesses a considerable difference of tactics then Pep's barca.

England? English players haven't grown with any philosophy or specific discipline as many of spanish players has grown up through their own provincial discipline and philosophy and are trained to be capable of VDB's system of play.
Comparing the English team to Spanish is near laughable. Smile

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 am

Arquitecto wrote:

How so? Putting aside their current level both teams have 1 world cup and historically they've been on the same level or so, maybe Spain slightly under. There's still question marks on what Barcelona will become once the current generation fades, youngsters are doing well but they are years away from actually being on top of the world. What will happen when EPL clubs start using their extra revenue to import more football knowledge and even higher level of play?

My personal belief is that this information age will quietly and slowly erode the traditional core of power and distribute it all around the world, we're all seeing signs of this happening now. Italy bemoans the lack of local talent while not realizing it will most likely only get worse from here on, and the winners will be new countries like Colombia with new European trained talent or Japan where the pilgrim Zacheronni is showing the locals western European football.

Good luck to Spain though, at this rate the Euro will be theirs again. Better enjoy this hot streak until someone else decides to import Dutch football knowledge.

chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:21 am

chinomaster182 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

How so? Putting aside their current level both teams have 1 world cup and historically they've been on the same level or so, maybe Spain slightly under. There's still question marks on what Barcelona will become once the current generation fades, youngsters are doing well but they are years away from actually being on top of the world. What will happen when EPL clubs start using their extra revenue to import more football knowledge and even higher level of play?

My personal belief is that this information age will quietly and slowly erode the traditional core of power and distribute it all around the world, we're all seeing signs of this happening now. Italy bemoans the lack of local talent while not realizing it will most likely only get worse from here on, and the winners will be new countries like Colombia with new European trained talent or Japan where the pilgrim Zacheronni is showing the locals western European football.

Good luck to Spain though, at this rate the Euro will be theirs again. Better enjoy this hot streak until someone else decides to import Dutch football knowledge.

Chino, not in terms of history but I am speaking of now.

Extra revenue to import knowledge? Since the emergence of the EPL they've had all the revenue they need as the mentality of physical play and long ball of technical skill and ground play will take time to erase as although the current generation has shown technical ability, its in no balance there are few players who actually possess a football mind and genuine ingenuity in the new england generation. They can import all the knowledge yet its right in front of their eyes.

England need to develop either they're own philosophy or combine a hybrid of the best.

Saying England will surpass Spanish youth in philosophy and system is an insult to all the spanish provinces who have forged their own philosophies and beliefs through collective thought, effort and stroke of genius.

England don't possess a core philosophy and even if they import the knowledge, Spanish philosophy and development system will be even further ahead.

Generation fades? Only Barca? Chino, Barca youth is only a fraction of the talent emerging from Espana as we seem to be a converyor belt of talent through all youth whether Asturian, Sevilla, Castillan, Galician, and of course the all underrated Basque philosophy and development which some rate above the Barca system.

Do I have to even name the talent of Espana besides the barca youth?

Italians? They have just as much as talent as the rest if not more yet the FIGC is so inept in utilizing the talent due to their stubborn system, its hard for people to see what Italian philosophy truly is as its ingenius mind you. Luckily, FIGC has taken some drastic measures to change this as it will take time, yet talent is emerging.

Dutch football philosophy? What they have is total football which cannot work in todays football, but can be worked very well if combined with for example, how Barca combines it with Creole and Tiki taka. Yet the dutch team of today possess little philosophy.

Their most prominent development is the Coerver method. A typical coerver method player is Arjen robben.

But the criticism of Coerver lies that it involves all to much acrobatics and dancing on the ball and little thought and final delivery.

You have put up a great debate, but the truth is that money can buy you players and stadia, but cannot buy you philosophy and its belief.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:27 am

Spain recently played without most of the Barca players vs USA and they were very impressive.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2