Flamini reported to be out for months !!!

+7
Milantildeath
IzzyC08
Eivindo
BiasedMilanFan3
Brigate Rossonere
dostoevsky
Rossoneri Ninja
11 posters

Go down

Flamini reported to be out for months !!! Empty Flamini reported to be out for months !!!

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:46 am

Just read a report that said Flamini could be out for 4 - 6 months the knee injury he sustain seems to be far worse than anticipated. ARGH!!ib!ujb!ib!bp!!akonspuih!puH!

However some good news emerged as well , seeing as though flamini will miss most of the season we are looking to Cesena's Marco Parolo as an emergency replacement.
Tbh i've haven't seen much of him last season, but it appears that he was recently called up to the Italy NT by Prandelli for his good performances during the season.

What do you guys think? Good buy if we land him?
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Flamini reported to be out for months !!! Empty Re: Flamini reported to be out for months !!!

Post by dostoevsky Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:02 pm

This is honestly terrible, Flamini at least deserves the chance to fight for his spot and it's always a shame to see a player supposed to be in his physical prime robbed of the chance to play at the highest level, especially with a knee injury which may plague him for the rest of his career.

I watched quite a bit of Cesena last year, Parolo's effective going forward, can comfortably cover LCM and has an excellent shot, he'd be more creative than Flamini however he wouldn't provide the same hustle. He's nothing special, however if we need a player then I wouldn't object.

If this report on Flamini's injury is true though then I really want Poli, even though he wouldn't be a direct replacement in my eyes. However if an extra central midfielder is justified then I'll be bitterly disappointed if such a talent is left to rot in Serie B or is stolen by another team.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Flamini reported to be out for months !!! Empty Re: Flamini reported to be out for months !!!

Post by dostoevsky Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:05 pm

General Report on Injuries from the Official Site:

MILAN - AC Milan would like to comminucate that today, Zalatan Ibrahimovic, Taye Taiwo, Mark Van Bommel and Mathieu Flamini had medicals at the Galeazzi Orthopedic institute while Kevin Prince Boateng had a ckeck-up.

Ibrahimovic Is continuing his rehabilitation and physiotherapy after the injury to his left ankle. Thursday or Friday he will know whether he will be fit enough to play against Cagliari.

Taiwo he has sprained his left ankle but initial tests have excluded any damage to the bones although he has some damage to his ligaments. He will be out around 30 days.

Van Bommel he picked up a nasty knock to his calf that created a muscle injury. The player still needs another ten days before undergoing another MRI scan.

Flamini still needs to conduct further tests before reaching a full diagnosis and in order to understand the true nature of the injury.

Boateng received a knock to his left calf and will conduct a full check-up over the next few days.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Very sad to hear about Flamini's knee, hope he comes back much faster than expected although if his replacement is Parolo, I think there could be a good side to this injury. I know it may sound harsh looking for positives out of a serious injury, but Parolo is one of my personal favorite lower club players and a real gem. His touch, vision and distribution is better than any of our current midfielders and playing him alongside a midfield bulldog (or two) could really help him flourish. I am confident he will be able to make the leap in quality necessary to succeed at a big club.

As for Poli, for all the praise you're giving him Dostoevsky, he better turn out to be the next Baggio or I will be thoroughly disappointed.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:29 pm

I mention him constantly so as to increase the number of random possible hits concerning Poli on the internet. This increases the chance of someone with more influence than good sense creating flamboyant and powerful rumours which create a transfer from nothing :coffee:

The biggest threat I see to Poli is that no one will take the chance on him in this sort of market, even though Sampdoria are now in Serie B and that he won't be able to jump up to a big club soon enough, then he'll just turn into a player like Galloppa or Nocerino from lack of exposure to the football and to the managers he needs.

Also I just learnt that Parolo is a Milan fan, it's always nice to have the chance to bring a fan to the club, though it's not particularly important.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Parolo or Poli
We need someone to replace Flamini bad

Looks like we're hitting our injuries early
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:07 pm

YAY! Now we can see Gattuso play even more!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:31 pm

im surprised no one has moved for poli, ... even for loan...

this game against juve, cost us one of the 3 main players of squad, out for atleast a month. ... flamini situation looks more serious like u guys mentioned. in way this should provide plenty of opportunity for ambrosini to get some good first team action he deserved last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Sad Sad

He'll never get his chance.....this is what happens when you buy Arsenal players. They always get injured!!!! Evil or Very Mad

IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Actually I think this is good. Galliani will probably feel the pressure even more and splash that extra cash on Aquilani or whatever.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:34 am

I would be very happy to get Parolo, he is a very technical player; maybe more technical than Flamini. They are both center mids, but different type of styles.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Boy !! Pasquato you are bad boy !
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by milanmaldini Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:53 am

I'm not referring to history. If we wanted to talk about that I would mention our countless number of different trophies we have won in our clubs history. But just like last year you guys wont win. I'm not saying milan will but i rate Milan, Inter, Napoli, and Roma over juve

milanmaldini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:19 am

ya... so Flamini... he's hurt his knee...

Why so much Poli talk from this forum? I was under the impression that he has a great love for Sampdoria. He is willing to toil in Serie B to help his club reclaim its former glory. If they sold him, it would be for a fraction of his true worth and may actually hinder Samp's chances in the following years.

edit - Considering Sampdoria's recent relegation, don't you think Poli would have been snapped up by a Roma or a Milan already if he were on the market? It's not as though his talent is a secret...
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:13 am

You have your own thread in the Juventus forum and the Milan video thread in which the incident is posted in which to be light hearted.

This thread is discussing a four-six month knee injury, there is nothing to be made light of. This part of the thread is not negotiable.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:32 am

I fail to see how Flamini getting injured for Milan and the club's issue of how we will deal with his absence, relates to Juventus?

Because if the on topic discussion doesn't involve another club, then fans of that other club don't need to post anything
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Why are Juve fans coming here? This has nothing to do with you so keep out and grow up.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:32 am

In all honesty, I don't think he would have been in the first 11 this season
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:57 am

Milantildeath wrote:In all honesty, I don't think he would have been in the first 11 this season

But Flamini is a player who just does his job and is done with it
I can't believe i'm saying this but that is one of Bonera's good aspects, the fact that he is prepared to sit on the bench for 38 games a season.

But Flamini knows, with hard work, he can crack the first XI
And Allegri certainly likes Flamini so his opportunities in the first team this year would have increased, sadly
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:08 pm

I know what you're saying, but I've never been too convinced on him. He is a good player don't get me wrong, but I don't see him being the player that will make a difference game in and game out, he is yellow carded all the time and gives up some horrid fouls. I'd prefer Gattuso and Ambrosini considering the positions they play.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:35 am

AC MILAN OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION
AC Milan would like to communicate that Mathieu Flamini has had an operation on his right knee to repair the anterior cruciate ligament. the operation was carried out by doctor Sonnery Cottet at the “Jean Mermoz” hospital in Lyon. Milan doctor, Stefano Mazzoni, was also present. Flamini is expected to be back in 5 or 6 months time.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down