Arquitecto
TheRedStag
8 posters

Go down

Guardiola praises Liverpool Academy Empty Guardiola praises Liverpool Academy

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:04 pm

ESPN_JorgeRamos Jorge Ramos & Banda
by paul_tomkins
Pep Guardiola declaro "la academia del Liverpool es la unica que puede competirle a "La Masia" del Barcelona FC."

Translates as:

Pep Guardiola declared "the Liverpool Academy is the only one who can compete at" La Masia "of FC Barcelona."

saw this on .tv website. Nice to hear.

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=254715
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Guardiola praises Liverpool Academy Empty Re: Guardiola praises Liverpool Academy

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Somebody should tell him:

Liverpool Academy is > La Masia.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Guardiola praises Liverpool Academy Empty Re: Guardiola praises Liverpool Academy

Post by iftikhar Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Well, at Barcelona (academy) they find a talent and then Arsenal does the grooming.

However, we don't have such 'collaboration' at LFC academy. We are on our own.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Nice to hear....And it couldn't be further from the truth
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Guardiola is quoted as telling Catalan radio: “If they can manage those lads, then maybe 20 star players can arrive from that academy.”

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:49 am

I think his reference has a lot to do with our Academy coaches being former Barca coaches . I am sure they will have a good friendship Guardiola so probably a gesture ?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:49 am

More like he's trying to cherry pick somebody. Pacheco > Barcelona? Embarassed
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:45 am

ynwa wrote:More like he's trying to cherry pick somebody. Pacheco > Barcelona? Embarassed

Barca B maybe.

Nah, as beautifulgame pointed out, he knows the coaches. Probably doing a bit of sucking up, no harm in it.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 31, 2012 7:22 am

Couldn't find a youth thread. May aswell use this. Razz

Sterling, Ibe, Shelvey, Coady, Wisdom, Suso, Flanno, Robbo and Kelly (well sort of) are the best of the bunch imo. Feel free to add some. Personally feel Sterling and Suso will do wonders under Rodgers philosophy and could step up next season. Thoughts?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:33 am

You should add Morgan and Joao Carlos Teixeira (the kid that pounded our academy in NextGen Tourny whom we signed cheers )

I see the potential in all of them to turn into world beaters but they need the right grooming, and hopefully Rodgers can be the man.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:38 am

Emmanuel Mendy, Michael Roberts, Kristjan Emilsson, Matty McGiveron and Stephen Darby have all been released by Liverpool.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:47 am

No real loss there, I think. Darby looked promising a few years back but like a lot of our prospects in recent years seemed to just plateau at that level.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:27 am

I'm pretty sure Guardiola said that because the person in charge of the Academy is a former Barca La Masia officer who is trying to export the model, although I suppose you would be more familiar with the matter than me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:13 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'm pretty sure Guardiola said that because the person in charge of the Academy is a former Barca La Masia officer who is trying to export the model, although I suppose you would be more familiar with the matter than me.

It's a little of both, Pep was probably giving praise because of the former la Masia coaches but our academy has grown to a very elite status in recent years (due to Rafa mostly) with many youngsters full of promise. I wouldn't exactly say we're top two in the world but definitely in the top 10 at this point after a decade of being abysmal.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Suso is on his last year contract. We need to offer him a new one ASAP.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum