the xcx
Zealous
Mr Nick09
VanDeezNuts
Ganso
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

lack of midfield creativity = need for creative forwards - Page 2 Empty Re: lack of midfield creativity = need for creative forwards

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:36 pm

He played 4-3-3 at Chelsea.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

lack of midfield creativity = need for creative forwards - Page 2 Empty Re: lack of midfield creativity = need for creative forwards

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:03 pm

hello guys,

Czy isnt sayung it right, i think it's more appropriate to talk about tempo setters, players controlling the pace of the game down the middle.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:28 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:hello guys,

Czy isnt sayung it right, i think it's more appropriate to talk about tempo setters, players controlling the pace of the game down the middle.

I think i'm having a hard time explaining myself lol. Basically, we don't have a #10 in the classic sense of the term in the midfield. Don't need a Zidane or Platini because there aren't any... but a Sahin would be fine if he can get himself up to speed. Until then, the forwards have to compensate for the midfield.

Btw, we're playing a 4-3-3 now because of our defensive scheme. It allows for smooth transitions between offense and defense.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:hello guys,

I think i'm having a hard time explaining myself lol. Basically, we don't have a #10 in the classic sense of the term in the midfield. Don't need a Zidane or Platini because there aren't any... but a Sahin would be fine if he can get himself up to speed. Until then, the forwards have to compensate for the forwards.

Btw, we're playing a 4-3-3 now because of our defensive scheme. It allows for smooth transitions between offense and defense.

Precisely what i have been running my mouth about for months now Very Happy

433, additional midfielder to help us control the pace, i came to the same conclusion.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Ok ,did any one watch Borja yesterday? Bossed the midfield again.

Im really struggling to see a better possession keeping play maker than him apart from iniesta and xavi.Miles better than fabregas at possession keeping imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Fabregas is better than Borja. Physically, Borja is a bit frail tbh... you can push him around. He struggles against better competition from what i've seen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Iniesta and xavi are weaker than borja ,i dont see how physicality is a problem in la liga where refereeing is fairly pro technical or anti-physical.
He is definitely better than fabregas at possession keeping who i view as more of a direct player.I would take him any day over kaka,granero etc. He is on par with Sahin when it comes to individual effect on the team, even though sahin has a superior range of pass.He is the best player in villareal side,engine of that team imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Borja's problem is the fact that he doesnt have a good balance, compared to Iniesta and Xavi, he is lacking there. a bit of a lightweight, that's his only drawback. Physical opposition gives him a lot of troubles, compared to Xavi or Iniesta who have no problem with that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 pm

I know he aint got a fantastic balance but he is a serious step up from any possession keeping player we have at the moment,yes including sahin.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Adit wrote:I know he aint got a fantastic balance but he is a serious step up from any possession keeping player we have at the moment,yes including sahin.

This i have to disagree with. Sahin was Bundesliga player of the year ahead of players like Robben, Gomez, Gotze, Vidal, Piggy, etc. He was truly exceptional. He also has a defensive aspect to his game that Borja completely lacks. Sahin is one of the better CMs in Europe and he will show it once he returns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Borja was selected as third best attacking mid after iniesta and ozil.considering their levels he has definitely out performed fabregas.

and on sahin,i agree that sahin is the better player.passing range,creativity and technique and intelligence but i do think Borja has better Dribbling and possession keeping skills over sahin.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Borja is very good IMO. He's playing well for Villarreal.

(LOL @ his headbutting though Razz)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2