Conte plots Juve rebirth

Go down

Conte plots Juve rebirth  Empty Conte plots Juve rebirth

Post by DeviAngel Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:11 pm

A proud Antonio Conte hopes that his attacking brand of football will bring back the glory days to Juventus.

The former club captain replaced Gigi Del Neri on the Turin bench this summer after another disappointing season for the Old Lady.

“We want to get back to winning ways,” he told Juventus Channel. “This year we must lay the foundations for that, knowing that it takes time and patience.”

Although Conte employs 4-4-2 tactics like his predecessor, he demands that his wingers are far more offensive.

“My attacking football strategy came from my time at Arezzo,” he added. “We were in a desperate situation and needed to win as many games as possible to survive.

“With this new mentality we won eight out of 12 and came close to completing our task.

“At Bari and Siena I did well and was lucky to gain two promotions, therefore I think I’ve deserved the chance to manage Juve.

“I’m proud that the club considered me. I’ve begun this adventure by putting great passion into the job, throwing myself into the task.”

Juve were set to kick off their campaign at Udinese on Sunday until strike action saw Week 1 postponed.

“Until a few minutes ago we continued preparing as if we were going to play, with application and concentration,” Conte stated.

“It’s a shame to have to postpone the start, but as that is the case then we’ll begin the season in our new home [against Parma].

“Many of the lads will go off on international duty in the next few days and they’ll only be back on Thursday 8 September in time for the stadium’s opening.

“But this isn’t a problem, it’s what happens at a big side.”

The tactician is also hoping that their new arena will give his side an advantage.

“The team needs encouragement, above all throughout difficult moments.

“In the new stadium, the proximity of the supporters will be felt and they will also put pressure on our opponents.

“I believe we’ll be able to gain many points at home.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum