Adit
Mr Nick09
xabi
Giggslegend
Gil
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Juan Mata Chelsea's  "Aguero"? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Juan Mata Chelsea's "Aguero"?

Post by Gil Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Torres, Yaya, Aguero, Silva were always rated highly in England waaaay before they came to the PL.

It's only natural they'll get more attention considering they're (usually) moving to "bigger" clubs.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is Juan Mata Chelsea's  "Aguero"? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Juan Mata Chelsea's "Aguero"?

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:56 pm

There are a lot of underrated players in the PL, too, that get written off for "lolz! physicul and no skillz".
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Giggslegend wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Gil wrote:Irony considering the amount of Fabregas threads there have been on this forum in the past week.

Same player Barca fans/Madrid fanboys were wondering why Barcelona were so eager to buy.

I am still wondering considering Barca are forced to play Mascherano and Abidal as CB's atm and played Keita as DM last night....

Cant deny it though the hype players get when they come to EPL and perform is insane.......

Suarez, Torres, Alonso, Aguero, Yaya Toure, Silva etc etc are all fine examples of this not saying they are not the great players but the extra hype they get when they came to EPL is insane to be honest.

all the mentioned have done more than well (can´t forget torres the first two seasons for pool) in EPL and are among the best players atm (expect torres in his current form for chelsea)

No doubt but before they came to the EPL they did'nt get half the hype they recieve now some of them were even called overrated except for Yaya perhaps.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Giggslegend wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Gil wrote:Irony considering the amount of Fabregas threads there have been on this forum in the past week.

Same player Barca fans/Madrid fanboys were wondering why Barcelona were so eager to buy.

I am still wondering considering Barca are forced to play Mascherano and Abidal as CB's atm and played Keita as DM last night....

Cant deny it though the hype players get when they come to EPL and perform is insane.......

Suarez, Torres, Alonso, Aguero, Yaya Toure, Silva etc etc are all fine examples of this not saying they are not the great players but the extra hype they get when they came to EPL is insane to be honest.

all the mentioned have done more than well (can´t forget torres the first two seasons for pool) in EPL and are among the best players atm (expect torres in his current form for chelsea)

No doubt but before they came to the EPL they did'nt get half the hype they recieve now some of them were even called overrated except for Yaya perhaps.

As I don´t live in England I can´t really speak for them, but all the players were widely regarded as good players world wide before comming to the EPL
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Giggslegend wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Giggslegend wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

As I don´t live in England I can´t really speak for them, but all the players were widely regarded as good players world wide before comming to the EPL

Yes but after they came to EPL they changed from good players to world class players by the media the covers them which shows the difference in hype....

Torres never ever got the hype in Spain that he got in his first season in England same goes for alot of foreign imports same goes for Suarez and Silva who now get 200x the hype if not more than what they did before....

Ok for Suarez there's kinda of a excuse due to playing in Holland but playing in Spain outside the top 2 and come to england ur reputation sky rockets to insane over the top levels....

Nothing wrong with it but it is about crazy the difference in hype between EPL and the rest of europe....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Gil wrote:Torres, Yaya, Aguero, Silva were always rated highly in England waaaay before they came to the PL.

It's only natural they'll get more attention considering they're (usually) moving to "bigger" clubs.

Hey come on, chin up sunshine.

Maybe Torres thought at the time he was leaving Liverpool for a "bigger" club. Laughing
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:54 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
Gil wrote:Torres, Yaya, Aguero, Silva were always rated highly in England waaaay before they came to the PL.

Maybe Torres thought at the time he was leaving Liverpool for a "bigger" club. Laughing

I don't understand this post coming from a Man City fan just curious to find out what you actually mean by this 🐒
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Ade wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

I don't understand this post coming from a Man City fan just curious to find out what you actually mean by this 🐒

yaya toure has been playing better for man city than when he played for barca .. yet i think he's been forgotten and hasn't been praised as much as when he was with barca and silva was rated very highly before he went to man city, aguero too . Torres before he came to england was a very good prospect ...
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Adit wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's unbelievable how more 'rated' players become once they move to the EPL...
lol says about how often premfaces and series A fans watch la liga outside real and barca..For them teams other than real and barca are crap.. Laughing

Post of the year. People just don't watch La Liga if Barca and Madrid are not playing. A lot of Premfaces just assume teams like Atletico and Valencia are average and therefore there players can't be better then there favorite EPL players.

I am not saying this about all EPL fans just the over the top ones and the ones who were surprised that players like Aguero, Mata, Suarez, Yaya, Silva would flop. I mean if you actually watched these players more then once or twice a year when they play Barca or Madrid and there teams are totally outmatched you would know there is no way they would flop in any league.

I think what this kind of thread proves is how lacking the EPL is for creative, technical, link up/playmaking, Midfielders and Forwards.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:26 pm

che wrote:aguero is poor man's mata :coffee:
Other way around buddy.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:12 am

ALMOST Every La Liga/Spanish player comes to the EPL & Shines!!

Why?
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:17 am

Khaledbarca wrote:ALMOST Every La Liga/Spanish player comes to the EPL & Shines!!

Why?

Because they posses the technicality and playmaking ability that is absent in the EPL. I mean Juan Mata goes to Chelsesa and he is automatically the most technical player on the team. La Liga values skills different from the EPL, it's not better or worse because a lot of times EPL sides will bully La Liga sides of the pitch. They have a skill that is absent and needed in the league.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:21 am

xabi wrote:Could a player get any more over-rated after one game against relegation candidates?

didn't realize the true lulz of this post until I re-read the original thread
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:15 am

bhends wrote:
xabi wrote:Could a player get any more over-rated after one game against relegation candidates?

didn't realize the true lulz of this post until I re-read the original thread

The best part is that it still says "more going to watch Man City play" :lol!:

Well played, Gil.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2