HscouserZ
Sri
Ali
since1996
8 posters

Go down

an optimist's view Empty an optimist's view

Post by since1996 Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:47 am

please ppl why are u cursing our team and a great manager. the team that beat MAnchester last season had clichy, koschielny,djorou, sagna,song, wilshere,ramsey,walcott,nasri, rvp. and the reason why we got hammered was because was because song and wilshere wasnt in. we couldnt hold the ball in the mid. u r talking as if the whole 11 players were sold. nasri was replaced well by gervinho ad clichy by gibbs. unfortunatel those two werent in. and by the way, wen we won against utd that day, nasri wasnt the playmaker at all. he was a passenger. the players we missed the most are song and wilshere.

given that, the only thing for wenger to do is not splash cash before analysing wat this team can offer. its unfortunate that we could field the weakest team ever in the history of arsenal but that doesnt mean that our first 15 players are pathetic.
i reckon ths wud be our 1st 15

schezny, koschielny,djorou, verm,sagna,frimpong, song, wilshere,ramsey,walcott,gervinho, rvp. arshavin, gibbs, rosicky, jekinson.

if we play this team we definitely are a big team. if wenger adds Chu Young and a CB, then we have an able team 0f 17 players and if we want we could say 18 including the ever injured diaby.

yesterday wat we lacked was just a holding midfielder, someone who could win the balls, look up front and give it to ramsey or rozza. thats where we lacked song/wilshere. the only player i would say is shit from the above 16 is djorou due to his clumsiness and disability to read the balls. a lot of times he lets the balls bounce infront of him. if we get some backup CB to partner Verm or Kos, we really have a huge squad.

last nyt's result was harsh, but this season i still believe we have a chance. Wenger knows wat he is doing. imagine if he is sacked, we r going to get an emergency replacement probably in the form of a mid table team manager who is going to splash cash, buys andy carrol type of players out of desperation (impulse buying). Wenger is trying to calm the ship down and I SUPPORT HIM ALL THE WAY.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

an optimist's view Empty Re: an optimist's view

Post by Ali Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:15 am

I love you S1996
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:29 am

since1996, you have my respect. I have been meaning to write this but I haven't had the time to write it all again. It felt like I was being too repetitive saying the very things over and over.

In short, all I have to add is, guys, HAVE FAITH. I Believe. So should you all. ONE ARSENAL.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:31 am

And here is respect to all of you here who are still Arsenal fans after such a game. I SALUTE YOU. It takes a lot to support a club through bad times, and only the loyal ones manage to pull through that. You have to wear Arsenal at the heart, not the sleeve, to do that. And I am proud to have known each and every one of you here who has stuck with this club. Gives me a positive hope that I am not alone. Respect.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:19 pm

srigooner wrote:And here is respect to all of you here who are still Arsenal fans after such a game. I SALUTE YOU. It takes a lot to support a club through bad times, and only the loyal ones manage to pull through that. You have to wear Arsenal at the heart, not the sleeve, to do that. And I am proud to have known each and every one of you here who has stuck with this club. Gives me a positive hope that I am not alone. Respect.

its really important to support a club through it's worst and best ( loyalty ).. anyway arsenal is really being mistreated , i mean playing ur 2nd-3rd deffence line up against utd, playing a match in italy ( fatigue ) and having 2 -3 main players injured and 3 suspended...
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:23 pm

srigooner wrote:And here is respect to all of you here who are still Arsenal fans after such a game. I SALUTE YOU. It takes a lot to support a club through bad times, and only the loyal ones manage to pull through that. You have to wear Arsenal at the heart, not the sleeve, to do that. And I am proud to have known each and every one of you here who has stuck with this club. Gives me a positive hope that I am not alone. Respect.

and us too my friend
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Trust me with a full squad we can beat them at the home, I am counting down the the next meeting.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:17 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Trust me with a full squad we can beat them at the home, I am counting down the the next meeting.

a win on ur next game would really do u guys good, anyway ur squad has lots of quality i lol everytime someone says u don't have quality anymore cuz u sold cesc and nasri :lol!:
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:37 pm

since1996 wrote:please ppl why are u cursing our team and a great manager. the team that beat MAnchester last season had clichy, koschielny,djorou, sagna,song, wilshere,ramsey,walcott,nasri, rvp. and the reason why we got hammered was because was because song and wilshere wasnt in. we couldnt hold the ball in the mid. u r talking as if the whole 11 players were sold. nasri was replaced well by gervinho ad clichy by gibbs. unfortunatel those two werent in. and by the way, wen we won against utd that day, nasri wasnt the playmaker at all. he was a passenger. the players we missed the most are song and wilshere.

given that, the only thing for wenger to do is not splash cash before analysing wat this team can offer. its unfortunate that we could field the weakest team ever in the history of arsenal but that doesnt mean that our first 15 players are pathetic.
i reckon ths wud be our 1st 15

schezny, koschielny,djorou, verm,sagna,frimpong, song, wilshere,ramsey,walcott,gervinho, rvp. arshavin, gibbs, rosicky, jekinson.

if we play this team we definitely are a big team. if wenger adds Chu Young and a CB, then we have an able team 0f 17 players and if we want we could say 18 including the ever injured diaby.

yesterday wat we lacked was just a holding midfielder, someone who could win the balls, look up front and give it to ramsey or rozza. thats where we lacked song/wilshere. the only player i would say is shit from the above 16 is djorou due to his clumsiness and disability to read the balls. a lot of times he lets the balls bounce infront of him. if we get some backup CB to partner Verm or Kos, we really have a huge squad.

last nyt's result was harsh, but this season i still believe we have a chance. Wenger knows wat he is doing. imagine if he is sacked, we r going to get an emergency replacement probably in the form of a mid table team manager who is going to splash cash, buys andy carrol type of players out of desperation (impulse buying). Wenger is trying to calm the ship down and I SUPPORT HIM ALL THE WAY.

Have to disagree, as referring to Man United last season is irrelevant they have strengthened. Arsenal have weakened.

We do have huge squad, but it is a squad that lacks serious quality and depth. Who in that starting XI are world class. I am not talking about Euro 2008, but right now the back end of 2011. 3 games in and we don't have any available quality full backs. Woeful from the upper echelons of staff.

Far too much reliance has been made on youth, we are talking about two teenagers as the clubs' saviour. Again crap from the management but even worse from the board. There is not enough quality, we are becoming a training centre I could tolerate this if we had just moved, but 6 years and avoidable, yet costly mistakes continue to be made.

Again the words "If only", Arsenal should not be saying if only. There is no accountability. Case in point, I was one of the 4000 who wasted £43 on a ticket to OT, at full time only Theo, RVP, and I think Koscielny made there way to the fans, the other c**** ambled to the tunnel and wandered around the pitch. As well as this I read arseblog, and that s***face Traore is chewing gum and smiling at full time. As a guardian reader, I recommend reading Sol Campbell's interview from last Saturday he's bang on the money.

Park Chu Young, is a laughable purchase, I know for a fact this is Arsenal's way of getting retribution over Lille, rather than the quality of player. Arsenal know that this is the only time to get Hazard, as next year big teams will be able to register him. If AW wanted a striker, there are other leagues to a quality striker from.

This part is off topic but needs to be said. A lot of people are misguided in Arsenal's transfer abilities, fans, and journalists. For a start clearly this "£90 million war chest" does not exist. For a start in terms of being cash rich we got £24 million for Nasri, as of yet we have only got a ridiculous £14 million for Cesc Fabregas so far and £7 million for Clichy. Remember 70% goes into the transfer budget, the other 30% goes elsewhere.

Coupled with the fact Arsenal has spent £10 million on Gervinho and £12/£7 million on Oxlade. That equates to £22/£17 million just in transfer fees, Arsenal always factor in wages in their transfer budget i.e. Gervinho joined on £60,000 a week, over a 4 year deal that's over £10 million in wages. Arsenal started off with a £30-£35 million kitty, you do the math.

Two major signings that are devoid of areas that need strengthening is comical. Only in summer 2009 transfer window Arsene only had a ridiculous amount of £15-£20 million to spend and that included renegotiating RVP's contract. The f*** you going to do with that.

One thing I am not aware of is where the surplus transfer budget goes, one hopes the budget gets reinvested into the next transfer window kitty. However the realist in me believes it goes into operating costs.

Arsenal are not as rich as many believe, the idea of self sustaining only works with balance at the moment Arsenal's model will collapse. Far too much pressure is placed to make profit from players, whilst the £7 million a year marketing and contractual staff productivity is beyond crap. On the commercial side of things Arsenal are volatile brand, when renegotiating deals companies like Nike pay on the rate of success, something Arsenal are struggling to achieve so when the time comes (2014), depending on success the deal may stay the same, with slightly more due to inflation.

If Arsenal made a "marquee signing" in Hazard this would create more optimism among fans thus more money spent i.e. shirt sales and tickets. You can choose to ignore what I say but it is no coincidence that season ticket renewals have fallen, most damning of all Swansea at Home is on general sale, no PL home game at the Emirates has gone on GS until now.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:54 pm

^^^^Good Points bro, but my reference to manchester was to show people how under-par strength our team was. yes and a big YES, if only wilshere was there we would have had a turn of events.

lets not judge our team by a few games against a strong utd team.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Wenger knows what he's doing?

Jenkinson is playing games for Arsenal Football Club, the lad should be in the reserves, it's ridiculous.

We missed Sagna, Vermaelen, Song, Gervinho and Jack from the first team. 2 of those for idiotic red cards.

United had 3/4's of their back 4 missing with Rio, Vidic and one of the twins who would start, their central midfield from last season Carrick and Giggs werent playing either, or either of their best goalscorers from last year Chicarito or Berbatov.

It was an embarassing result summing up the last 6 years of failure, weak squad, crap defending, poor subs, lack of motivation and desire.
Kaiser
Kaiser
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Always optimistic...
8-2 was harsh.. You have to admit that United were outstanding.. And even with full team we could not have done anything with some of their goals like Strikes from Young and Rooney....
But i think it was more or less a tactical failure.. We kept playing a high line always trying to attack even when it became clear.. At some stage like by the 4th goal, we could have shifted plans and gone for limiting the damage and escape with a 5 or 6 goal defeat.. But we went on playing like first half and it ended as our worst defeat in more than a century..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum