Raptorgunner
RealGunner
bloodless
OLpower
16 posters

Go down

Chamakh, Koscielny, Squillaci Empty Chamakh, Koscielny, Squillaci

Post by OLpower Mon 29 Aug - 18:57:18

Reading this forum , watching some Arsenal matchs and some stats, it seems that these players are seen as huge disappointments and as big weak points in Arsenal Squad.

Chamakh: He was a very good player in Ligue 1, an essential element in Blanc title with Bordeaux. He is useful in the game, great with is header and always found a way to weight over the shoulders of defenders. His physical play should have allowed him to adapt well. He started well last season, scoring games after games but no he does not seem trusted at all by Arsenal fans.

Koscielny, was a big hope in ligue 1, Lorient had made another fantastic finding by signing him and developping him into a future potential NT players.

Squillaci: This is the biggest question for me , here he seems to be considered as the worst player ever when he was very good for us and it was a terrible mistake when we sold him. He was class, able to score, and really hard on the man? The season he played with Cris, they were easily the best pair of defender of the french championship.

So what happenned to them? Why these once highly rated player have turned into such disappointment?
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Chamakh, Koscielny, Squillaci Empty Re: Chamakh, Koscielny, Squillaci

Post by bloodless Mon 29 Aug - 19:03:34

Koscielny is quality...chamakh is very low on confidence with our style of play not helping...his greatest asset is quality in air

squillaci was always shyte

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 29 Aug - 19:24:54

Koscielny is amazing, he isnt the one Arsenal fans dont like. He was also our better defender against man utd.

Squillaci is SHIT. We bought him in panic. Wenger was after Subotic but he said he doesnt want to leave Dortmund, so as a result he bought Squillaci.

Chamakh. Dont know what happened to him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon 29 Aug - 19:27:21

Koscielny is great player, we have high hopes for him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon 29 Aug - 19:30:12

Yeah, Kos is class. Don't judge our players by our last performance. Let's all wipe that from our memories and move on.

Chamakh needs to start a few games to regain his confidence, but it's just not happening with us doing how we are. VP is irreplacable unless we switch to 4-4-2.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Mon 29 Aug - 19:41:00

Koscielny is average, should be nowhere near a team who wants to win major trophies, but apparently we don't. He's technically good, quick on the ground to snuff danger out, but he's also error-prone, quite weak compared to PL strikers, and rash aswell.

How have we gone from Tony Adams, Sol Campbell to this I'll never know.

Chamakh is also average, started well last season but doesn't have the heart for the fight now. A striker who cannot shoot, haha, you couldnt make it up.

Squillaci looks not built for English football, terrible signing from Wenger, as bad as Silvestre.
Kaiser
Kaiser
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon 29 Aug - 19:45:14

Koscielny is a top quality player.. He has improved so fast within a single season and will continue to do so...
I dont know how u can put him in the flop signings list.. Amazing signing at a very low price...
How can a player loss everything like Chamakh.. He didnt even have an injury.. It just disappeared..
Squillaci is just to fill the bench.. So dont consider him as a signing...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Mon 29 Aug - 19:50:22

Koscielny made loads of errors last season, and has continued in similar fashion this year.

He was hardly cheap either.

I bet he'd do well in La Liga.
Kaiser
Kaiser
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon 29 Aug - 19:54:41

Kaiser wrote:Koscielny made loads of errors last season, and has continued in similar fashion this year.

He was hardly cheap either.

I bet he'd do well in La Liga.

Kos was solid all last season when paired with Djourou....but when with Squid we always lost....

this year he is been more then solid with Vermealen..... but Crap with Djourou....who is a headless chicken atm...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug - 21:52:10

It's impossible for a CB to be effective without a decent fullback and CB partner. In fact, any weak link in a defense kills it... including poor defensive support from the midfield.

The whole defensive philosophy for Arsenal is incorrect imo. Wenger wants to outscore you as opposed to protecting the goal. While i understand this... there are definitely times (opponent, game situations) where you need to tighten the gaps defensively. Arsenal just doesn't do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue 30 Aug - 2:44:13

I still find Chamakh and Kos class
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue 30 Aug - 3:37:52

Kos this season apart from last game, improved quite a bit. Last season, he's kinda flashy defender who had jaw dropping tackles since he relies on his reading of the game. That brought the best and the worst out of him, one misread could lead to disaster. I noticed less of it since pairing with TV, must be TV leading the line.

Toto is always shit so no argument there. At this point, I don't think lack of confidence is Chamakh downfall, more like he's so comfortable being on the bench knowing not in this life time he would be ahead of RVP. I'm more for loaning him, keeping Bendy at this point.

Johan puzzles me the most, I really don't know wtf is happening to him. He took one good step forward then two giant jump back, whatever made him great last year all disappear. Now we see Johan of the old who lots of us dread
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue 30 Aug - 4:03:32

chamakh is not average....he is terrible, way worse then average. kos is very underrated just because he is in a back four that concedes alot of goals. and squid is an alien
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue 30 Aug - 6:45:42

Kos for me is a good third choice. But the amount of times he is caught on the wrong side of opposition forwards is astounding.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue 30 Aug - 9:43:11

Emaharg wrote:Kos for me is a good third choice. But the amount of times he is caught on the wrong side of opposition forwards is astounding.

Third choice? really? He has been great for arsenal except for some mistakes but that happens to every player. Put him with Verminator and see diffrence. And you cant judge him for match against Man utd cause everyone played shit and our key players were missing.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Tue 30 Aug - 10:51:04

djorou is poor. a mid table team defender. Senderos myt have been better. i knw a lot of u will start to fire me but but look at arsenal.com's top 5 greatest games in europe and who was in defence. Senderos. against Milan senderos! Very Happy
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue 30 Aug - 13:17:23

Kosovo lool i mean Kos. is a talented guy absolutely but he should work a lot alsoo ! Chamakh -to leave..he's just not 4asn anymore ,or even EPL ! Squillacy he's not that bad as people thinks but agree he should leave so. We have no time to lose ! that's it.

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue 30 Aug - 16:25:32

Chamakh is an example of why you should never fall off the boat as a football player. He was very good, then sorta lost ALL of it. He's doing good with the NT however, you guys should watch him there. He rapes everyone with NT, when morocco don't play with him they look lost. It's a mental issue and not a skill issue.

And chamakh can shoot but he never does it.. lol.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum