A legend amoung us?

+4
The Madrid One
iNFINITY9910
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kick
8 posters

Go down

A legend amoung us? Empty A legend amoung us?

Post by Kick Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:47 pm

I was thinking about our history and legends while at work ( I have a boring job so I think while I'm doing it.) and if you look at two of oir best players ever, I bet you can guess who they are. Both of them started their chelsea career pretty early and have remained at the club through thick and thin. (can you work out who yet?) there is no doubts they are legends and some of our older legends Osgood and the likes, started at Chelsea from a young age. With this new batch of youngsters coming through do you think any of them could become our next Zola, Terry or Lampard? Not in terms of ability or playing style but in terms of how critical they are towards us being successful.

We don't have the history of real or united but we are building it. Do you guys think there is a chance we might be looking at someone who will overtake Zola as our greatest ever player? Or am I just being crazy?

I'm not singling out players as the future remins just that but do you guys think it is possible we have our next greatest ever player coming through our ranks or just on the cusp of the first team? After all, records are there to be broken and it's only a Mata of time before we get someone better than Zola or Terry.

P.S. I wrote tis at 1am so sorry for any spelling mistakes.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

A legend amoung us? Empty Re: A legend amoung us?

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:16 pm

It's 1 AM over there? Go to sleep or I call mama! Razz

On topic, I think time will tell but I have no doubt that we will have players to their qualities or even better.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:55 pm

I dunno bout overtaking other players but there will be legends..
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:01 pm

to build a legacy you will have to have more legends at chelsea.

if everything had gone right with the mourinho project you would probably have atleast a cl already and a more established place in terms of history, that would remove any question in your mind to even create such a thread.

you need future good players to have good success, legends will be legends, and youre gonna need some players to bring that success to consider themselves that.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:14 pm

I think the best legends are the ones that come up through the ranks. Fans are able to associate with those players better as they understand the clubs legacy better. They show more passion and pride for the club.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:43 pm

english_jewel wrote:It's 1 AM over there? Go to sleep or I call mama! Razz

On topic, I think time will tell but I have no doubt that we will have players to their qualities or even better.
I couldn't get it out of my mind so I had to post about it. Razz

iNFINITY9910 wrote:I dunno bout overtaking other players but there will be legends..
You don't think one of our future stars could be better than Zola? I can't see why they can't be.

The Madrid One wrote:to build a legacy you will have to have more legends at chelsea.

if everything had gone right with the mourinho project you would probably have atleast a cl already and a more established place in terms of history, that would remove any question in your mind to even create such a thread.

you need future good players to have good success, legends will be legends, and youre gonna need some players to bring that success to consider themselves that.
Mourinho would not still be with us if he had not left the club in 07.

ronaldo__9 wrote:I think the best legends are the ones that come up through the ranks. Fans are able to associate with those players better as they understand the clubs legacy better. They show more passion and pride for the club.

I agree, look where it got john terry.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:55 pm

If Sam Hutch and Josh stay injury free and live up to potential then ⭐
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:15 am

Sam is back playing again, Ade.

But I doubt he will become our greatest ever as not very often your clubs best player is an RB.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:18 am

Hence the word stay Razz

He is Chelsea through and through he was captain of the reserves and Mourinho praised him highly too, time will tell I suppose.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:27 am

what!
when did sam hutchinson start playing again!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:34 am

Last week was his first game back.

After retiring he kept with his treatment and seems able to play again. It's fantatic as we not have another young RB coming through.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:13 pm

TMO a club can have legends, regardless of them winning silverware. IMO.

@kick its hard to compare two players from two eras.. so I'm saying that we cant say that this one is better than that one.. but a legend will be a legend
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:29 pm

I know what you're saying inifnity but if Josh became captain once JT retires, he then leads us to 3 EPL titles and a treble which includes our first CL, playing a major role in all of our success as well as single handedly winning us the CL, I imagine most chelsea fans would consider him close to our greatest ever player.

And if he continued to play like that with us untill he retired he could well be considered our best ever player despite how good anyone else was, this is all hypothetical but possible.

You see what I am saying, it's really a mata (:p) of perspective.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 pm

I am going to go with McEachran and Chalobah, our two most talented youngsters in a long time. I am truely amazed by McEachran vision, it is increidble how well he can read the game at such a young age. Chalobah is another player beyond his years. He is so athletic and very technically gifted. He is also very comfertable the ball on his feet. Chelsea rates him so highly, it is no wonder that Chelsea have registered him in the CL squad. If he makes an appearance he would be the youngest player to ever play in the CL. Chalobah is also well noted for his leadership abilities. I truly believe that that he can be Terry successor for Chelsea and England.

Hopeful that Chalobah and McEachran can be the next Terry and Lampard.

btw Mars was it McEachran and Mata the two player you had in mind?
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 pm

No I was meaning current legends. Guess again.

i have high hopes for Chalobah too. I think him and Josh are going to be our captain and vice in a few years.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:50 pm

The current squad has some great players, as legends go here is how i classify them.

Legends: Terry, Lampard, and Drogba

Not legend yet: Cech- When he finishes his career he will be remembered as one of the best to ever play for Chelsea. Cech is still pretty young for Gk so a lot of miles left in him.

What you guys think of Cole and Essien?

I think they are both legends but i am not sure if everyone would agree.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:28 am

The three legends you mentioned are legends in my books, once Cech retires he will be remembered as our greatest ever GK.

I don't count Cole or Essien as legends because their service hasn't been long enough and there have been better players in their position. Le Saux and Makelele.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Essien and Maka are different players, they were amazing together when they were part of our PL winning side.

Cole was by far better then Le Saux, Le Saux was a very good left back but he was never as highly recognized as Cole. Cole has been the best left back in the world for a while now, arguably the best left back of his generation.

He doesn't have the same connection with the fans as Lampard, Terry, and Drogba have. But his quality should never be questioned because he is one of the best players to ever play for Chelsea.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down