diego28ribas
Luca
scirea6
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Marotta is building a Good Squad Empty Marotta is building a Good Squad

Post by scirea6 Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:38 pm

An oft repeated quote is that " A good team wins the game whereas a good squad wins the title" . I believe that marotta is building a squad which can last the whole season. He is getting in players who are not necessarily world class but can be considered good. Let us check the options:

Gk: Buffon and Storari , enuff said.

Rb: Lichsteiner and Motta : Lichsteiner is good enough as our starter and motta is going to be apprentice , not many teams can boast that in Serie A.

Cb: Barzagli , Bonucci , Chiellini and Sorensen. According to me our weakest point as we need one more cb in order to complete the position as injury to any two leaves us weak in cover.

lb: PDC/Zeigler : Both of them are avg and good at best , but i had high hopes on PDC last year before his freak accident , if he gets back to that form he can be a real gem.

CM: Pirlo/Marchisio/Vidal/Pazienza/Youth : I dont worry too much abt marchisio and pirlo in midfield being dominated against weaker team which were our achilles heel last 2 seasons . In order to win against weaker teams we need to dominate and having pirlo in there helps us a lot. Against the stronger teams (being only milan and inter which are 4 in number) I dont mind getting a draw against these teams as i would rather win against weaker teams which are more in number than stronger ones.

Wings : Krasic, Gia, Estgi, Elia , pasquale , Vuci : 6 possible players for 2 spots is excellent competition considering we are only in two competitions. brings a lot of width to the team.

Forwards: Vuci, Qua, ADP, MAtri, Toni : 5 players for 2 positions all of them bring different qualities to the table leaves us with very good options and all the players will be hungry.

Manager: Conte : I would rather have one manager through out the next two seasons than more than one , so we should avoid getting depth here.

18 out of 23 players in the squad have been brought in by Marotta , so just imagine the amount of work he has done in order to build this squad. Yes we are missing that one player who is going to make everybody sit up but considering that we can neither buy like Man City nor have appeal of CL we have to pay exorbitant amounts to get one , and even if we are willing a CL team can come anytime and hijack it.

I hope that we keep our heads down and back the team. I am also hoping that every Serie A team underestimates Juve and with our new rocking Stadium we are gonna kick some ash.

On a final note , I dont think Garrone will sell us anyone especially after we stole Marotta , Del Neri and Paratici from him. As you can see from the Cassano incident he doesnt forget it when people "betray" him.

Last edited by scirea6 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
scirea6
scirea6
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Marotta is building a Good Squad Empty Re: Marotta is building a Good Squad

Post by Luca Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Nice post.
Depth is indeed important, I think this squad can go to the champions league.
If and when that happens there will be the same amount of money to be spent but on 2-3 players, not to mention the money added from the CL and the status of the club restored.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by diego28ribas Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Nice post, great content (y)

I think this squad can take us to the top 3 with some luck, and I still feel we need one more guy in defence to fully strengthen ourselves and make that top 3 place ours.
diego28ribas
diego28ribas
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Anyone could build a decent squad spending €85+ million in two seasons.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:59 pm

justdoit_ wrote:Anyone could build a decent squad spending €85+ million in two seasons.

Secco couldn't

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:57 am

Luca wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:Anyone could build a decent squad spending €85+ million in two seasons.

Secco couldn't

True, but then again Secco brought up to Champions League twice :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:01 am

sciacca i like how u have put me on the wing Thumbs up Thumbs up
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:22 am

sciacca wrote:
Luca wrote:

Secco couldn't

True, but then again Secco brought up to Champions League twice :coffee:

And Secco managed to bring the Champions League run to an end under his watch.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:24 am

sciacca wrote:
Luca wrote:

Secco couldn't

True, but then again Nedved brought up to Champions League twice :coffee:

now thats the truth
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:24 am

At least he brought us there, almost right after Calciopoli, twice in a row... Don't get me wrong though, he's still worst than Marotta. But you need to realize that Marotta brought us to 7th place first, we shall see how he does this season, with only 3 spots avalaible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:24 am

DeviAngel wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Luca wrote:

Secco couldn't

True, but then again Nedved brought up to Champions League twice :coffee:

now thats the truth

:coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:34 am

Secco didn't build a squad...

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:40 am

Luca wrote:Secco didn't build a squad...

His squad still finished 7th regardless, even with most of the main stars gone from Calciopoli, last season nada... 7th. Now this is the top players that Marotta brought and it should be built now, hopefully... We shall see where this goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:53 am

Secco didn't build a squad...

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:26 am

Exactly. Are any of Secco's purchases still with with the team or are there any players that aren't being strongly pushed out the door for transfers?
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:31 am

Juventude wrote:

Exactly. Are any of Secco's purchases still with with the team or are there any players that aren't being strongly pushed out the door for transfers?

I beg to differ with Marotta's current transfers being in Champions :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:37 am

sciacca wrote:
Juventude wrote:

I'm not saying that I do or don't like Marotta. Instead, I'm definitely trying to say that I really really hate Secco and Blanc. Most of us on this board could have gotten that team back into Champions after calciopoli with that squad. And almost anyone would have made better purchases than the Secco-Blanc duo. I really think they set this team on a path that's proven very difficult to correct.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:39 am

sciacca wrote:
Juventude wrote:

This actually has nothing to do with Marotta
Secco did not build a squad, he bought some players but he didn't make a squad
He had Nedved, Camo, Alex, Trezeguet, Chiellini and Buffon to build around
He brought in some notable players, Iaquinta, Amauri, Diego.

Marotta is building a deep squad, I could care less if they are classified as champions, as long as they play like they are (which to me just means to the best of their ability) then this Juventus will fly high and be in the champions league sooner than you know it.
And when that time comes I want to read the same posts about how Marotta sucks.
And if he fails, I'll still be here. :coffee:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 am

Secco never needed to build a squad, he had it with him, However the players he signed like Melberg and Amauri did their roles in helping Juventus being in Champions, regardless the stars of Nedved, Trez, Camo, Buffon and Del Piero. Some left, Secco did what he had to do, sure he did bad, overpaid, high salaries, however his signings brought us somewhere regardless.

So in regards to Marotta, rebuilding or not, this squad last season was critized from the begining. I remember putting a topic, when I was in Italy last year on the old forums where many fans were disapointed with the current Juventus signings. Now sure, champions can't all be found, in this first market, Moggi said it perfectly, 'horrible', this time 'Best in recent years'.Sign of hope I guess, but claimes Milan and Inter are still superior. Though, you claim rebuilding eh? Which is true, though the sacking of Del Neri was for what then? Sure our goal was to reach Champions, but we never did. Though if we're in a rebuilding stage, where's the logic in sacking the coach when we're still rebuilding. Now please let's not claim the players Del Neri chose, because regardless on who he chose, that market was for less quality players, though the wrong players like Martinez and such. Since Christmas Marotta has spent 107.5m( When all Installments are paid) . Now including that from last summer which was around 60m, the numbers speak for themselves. We can critize Secco all day long here about overpaying players, but Marotta is not any better. In wages sure, in transfers he got some good deals... But when you look at it, He overpaid for Matri(Where Cagliari saw that Juventus had no choice for a striker and raised the price), Martinez being injury prone(12m), Lichstiner(12m) and I can go on... Now with all this money spent, and not being able to qualify in the first year is a disapointment and magari an embarresment. So hopefully, they make it to CL this year, if not... then all this money has gone down the pits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:05 am

I'm assuming that this twitter account isn't really Secco's, but the posts are pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/#!/Alessio_Secco

This is one of my favorite tweets:

Alessio_Secco Alessio Secco
Freakin @DirettoreMoggi keeps talking about how great he is. Who signed Amauri? I did. I win. You're welcome.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:13 am

Juventude wrote:

No, but that is because Marotta chose to get rid of them. Diego and Melo are still good players in my opinion, Diego didn't fit Del Neri's 4-4-2 formation so they got rid of him, and for whatever reason they didn't want Melo around this year.

As for Marotta, well alot of his purchases and loans from last year aren't around either so it goes both ways. In only one year, Marotta has managed to ship out Martinez, Pepe (looks that way), Lanzafame, Aquilani, Traore, Rinaudo, even thogh he only brought them in one year ago. Also, the jury is still out on Motta, Sorensen, Ziegler, Giaccherini and all the other guys he brought in this year.

If we finish 7th again this year, then what are you going to say about Marotta's transfers then? Wouldn't he be shit then just like Secco?

Maybe we should wait until January before we critize what others have done, because if we are still a mid table team come January, then Marotta's ass will look very similar to Secco's and we probably won't be having too many Marotta is better than Secco conversations...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:31 am

Actuallly your math is wrong. Marotta has spent 140m on transfers (including any deals that span payments over 3 years of which Juve are still obligated to pay). So 140m in 3 transfer mercatos. This is HIS team now.

We will revisit this budget and his job come January...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aaron792 Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:39 am

Very good post and in-depth analyis, lacked by this forum for not a short time~
aaron792
aaron792
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by scirea6 Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:05 am

Secco was handed a gift on a silver platter in order to bring Juve back to the very top, the Legends who had stayed had an intense desire to show everybody that they had won matches legitimately and so they fought every season, ADP was top scorer the first season back just edging out Trez , whereas Camo and Nedved played extremely well. We were playng for two seasons as 4-4-2 under Ranieri and then suddenly shifted to 4-3-1-2 , without adequate resources. Secco failed to bring quality in at any of the defensive positions , He brought in Melo when Ciro wanted D'agostino.

Secco overpaid for almost every player and sold everybody for even less. OUr worst buys such as Tiago , POulsen , Amauri were all under him.

That said Anybody can do better than Secco and so Marotta has proved that he is better than Secco. Rome wasnt built in a day, I hope that the management stick to their guts and get their project through. I was deeply dissapointed when Del Neri was sacked as we traditionaly dont change managers every season unlike some paper teams.
scirea6
scirea6
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:44 am

Nice, congrats pasquale you will Juve's FAN FAVORITE ON THE WING!!! HAHAHA lol
====

lets see this season if marrota is right for juve or not!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: