Football-italia : CLUB TRAN$FER R£VI€W - Juventus

+2
eddy
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

Football-italia :  CLUB TRAN$FER R£VI€W - Juventus  Empty Football-italia : CLUB TRAN$FER R£VI€W - Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:33 pm

JUVENTUS

It has been another busy summer for Juventus. Antonio Labbate assesses the transfer work of director general Beppe Marotta

Football-italia :  CLUB TRAN$FER R£VI€W - Juventus  Vucinicjuventus460

Best signing…

Mirko Vucinic

Targeted after Juventus failed to land Sergio Aguero or Giuseppe Rossi, Vucinic arrives at a fraction of their asking prices but much closer to them in terms of quality. His inconsistency at Roma may have been frustrating, but the Montenegro international has undoubted ability when he wants to showcase it.

Questionable purchase…

Reto Ziegler
A Bosman arrival from Sampdoria, he was signed at the request of previous boss Gigi Del Neri. Ziegler struggled to impress in pre-season, so much so that the club were willing to sell him to Trabzonspor. Not in the plans of tactician Antonio Conte, Ziegler is not the answer to Juve’s problems at left-back.

Value for money…

Emanuele Giaccherini
Signed on a co-ownership agreement from Cesena for just €3m, the little Giaccherini could be a valuable resource for boss Conte. The tactician isn’t shy in replacing wingers during games and the Italian could be very useful, especially from the bench, in a number of attacking positions.

The one that got away…

Sergio Aguero
Juventus made no secret of their desire to sign a “top player” and Aguero was their prime target. The potential costs involved always suggested that the Italian club would fail to land the Argentine, especially with no Champions League football on offer. He eventually joined Manchester City.

They should have signed…

Juan Manuel Vargas
Instead of buying three left-sided midfielders as they did, there is a school of thought that the Turin giants should have just concentrated their efforts on one proven Serie A player – Juan Manuel Vargas. The Fiorentina man was linked, but that was as far as it went. A missed opportunity.

They’ll miss…

Alberto Aquilani
He probably did enough on loan last season to warrant the faith of the club, but, thanks to the arrivals of Andrea Pirlo and Conte, he wasn’t given it. Juve may not necessarily miss him in the short term, but a fully fit Aquilani is surely too good a player to have let go. Italian champions Milan picked him up instead.

Players in…
Pirlo (m, Milan) Ziegler (d, Sampdoria), Pazienza (m, Napoli), Marrone (m, Siena), Lichtsteiner (d, Lazio), Pasquato (m, Modena), Almiron (m, Bari), Ekdal (m, Bologna), Vidal (m, Bayer Leverkusen), Vucinic (a, Roma), Amauri (a, Parma), Estigarribia (m, Newell's), Giaccherini (m, Cesena), Elia (m, Hamburg)

Players out…
Salihamidzic (m, Wolfsburg), Rinaudo (d, Napoli), Traorè (d, Arsenal), Aquilani (m, Liverpool), Felipe Melo (m, Galatasaray), Sissoko (m, PSG), Martinez (m, Cesena), Almiron (m, Catania), Ekdal (m, Cagliari), Grygera (d, Fulham), Pasquato (m, Lecce), Giandonato (m, Lecce)

Verdict…
There are two or three buys that look very decent, but this unbalanced Juventus squad isn’t complete. The defence is a major concern seeing as it’s one centre-back short and there is a lack of quality options at full-back. Meanwhile, Marotta’s inability to sell means the attack is wildly overcrowded. There is also a massive question mark over whether Pirlo is the type of central midfielder truly suited to Conte’s style of play. The championship ahead will ultimately judge the work of Marotta.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Football-italia :  CLUB TRAN$FER R£VI€W - Juventus  Empty Re: Football-italia : CLUB TRAN$FER R£VI€W - Juventus

Post by eddy Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:46 pm

i agree only at parts of Giaccherini and Aguero!

i dont this our best transfer was Vucinic and i dont think we have major problem in our defense.we have only problem if all our defenders get injured.

and i prefer Elia to Vargas.thats all
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Football-italia :  CLUB TRAN$FER R£VI€W - Juventus  Empty Re: Football-italia : CLUB TRAN$FER R£VI€W - Juventus

Post by Luca Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Too early to say who the best player is but this is based on financially and comparing the cost of Vucinic (including his wages) to Aguero and it is quite clear why Vucinic was named there.

I believe that the way the player performs is the way to rate transfers.
I think there are quite a few players that could be the "best transfer" by the end of the season.

Can't wait to see this team play.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 pm

"Even if Juventus are not in Champions, I'm interested in joining them" :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:58 pm

sciacca wrote:"Even if Juventus are not in Champions, I'm interested in joining them" :coffee:

you are becoming boring bro no offense ment but really ur hate towards marotta exceeds all limits
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:03 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
sciacca wrote:"Even if Juventus are not in Champions, I'm interested in joining them" :coffee:

you are becoming boring bro no offense ment but really ur hate towards marotta exceeds all limits

Aguero agreed to join Juventus regardless of Champions.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:05 pm

sciacca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

than why is he in Mac City and not Juve ?? Marotta > yh right ahha
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by anouarjuve Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Aquilani DID great but we got better than him Very Happy
anouarjuve
anouarjuve
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:13 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
sciacca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Don't know, ask Marotta, we spent a lot of money regardless, we were better off spending more on Aguero if you ask me Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:15 pm

sciacca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
sciacca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Don't know, ask Marotta, we spent a lot of money regardless, we were better off spending more on Aguero if you ask me Wink

yh and play pepe as CM and AM againt maybe as RB again or lets say hmmm DM ?

on other note I think Pepe would be hell of a DM and I am not joking he has the engine for it , stamina, heart and can break up plays
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:18 pm

No, never buy Pepe in the first place, as we could of had more money :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:22 pm

sciacca wrote:No, never buy Pepe in the first place, as we could of had more money :coffee:

i agree about it that we could avoid signing some players and get Aguero i wanted it but even like this Marottas job apart of failed to get him wasnt bad.
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm not claiming Marotta should of gotten Aguero, the whole point is, we were better off just spending it on Aguero as our main priority was to get a WC SS, rather than spend on all this money. We would of have still had enough on LW and CB... Put it this way, Marotta said top players... Alright so that means WC players in his terms and not quantity, well he did something difference, he signed more players then expected in addition with less quality. You see what I'm trying to say?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:32 pm

yep i understand your point but i can see some players that can offer quality and they cost us litle money.

i can agree that if we didnt sign Vidal that i really like probably i will be not happy atm.

we signed too many players yep i agree and this isnt nice thing for your team but if i check back last year transfers and what i was expecting this summer from marotta.ok he impressed me

eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:38 pm

It wasn't even that too many players were signed this summer.
I think Juventus could have done without redeeming Pepe, possibly Motta, probably a couple others you be the judge.

The problem was there was a large volume of players in, but not enough going the other way to compensate for that. Too many players are in the squad right now and that is a problem financially as well as in team play, I hope Conte finds the right group.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 am

best signing Vucinic? Shocked

I agree with Sciacca, we didn't need to sign Pepe, and Motta and Vucinic. all a waste of money, now we have such a crowded team and we are losing money to some of these players who will not even feature... smh
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:02 am

i didnt expect that time that we was about to sign so many players i dont think even marotta knew it.
so thats why he signed pepe,about motta consider that grygera is out we needed one back up and we paid not alot for him so its ok.

about vucinic hmm ok,
i didnt like that transfer i cant say we overpaid him,
we got his in a decent price but vucinic is a risk.they are games that vucinic impressed me at roma but as overall his statistics arent good.i agree he has quality in his game and in his day he can do whatever he likes but his goals are not enough to consider him a great striker.

also when we sign him i was expecting to use him at left wing,
as we failed to get any other winger but lately we got alot wingers,
also we failed to sell our not used attackers thats really bad

about other transfers:
Vidal-ok this guy is impressive i watched him at copa america and some days later we sign him probably marotta watched him too thats why.
he can play anywhere in the middle and he has no weakness he is great in all things i consider him one of the best CMs in the world atm and only cost us 10.5 million.thats one of the best transfers in the transfer window and i am very happy that we got him Smile

Lichtsteiner-we needed one good RB for years and finally found him the only bad thing is his age i wanted him to be more young to tell the truth but he is a very good back he can also attack and defend,he never stops running.i like this guy maybe we could pay few less to sign him but 10 million are still good for him.

Elia-i can say that this guy is young and has great quality but i am not sure about his character and if he wants to play.i think its a risky transfer Elia next years will be one of the bests in the world or flop badly i dont think there is mid way for him(i hope for the first) consider that we paid 9 million for him that is not a crazy fee for that kind of player i think this is another good transfer for juve.its a litle risky but from what i see until now from his interviews he wants to play and if this guy wants to play and he is focus he can become one of the bests.

ah i will post about others later Smile

eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:07 pm

This is just my opinion, so I don't want to start a giant debate, but I think that if we bought Aguero or Ross, we would have had to settle on lesser players or no players at all at other positions. Personally, I'll take Elia, Vidal, and Vucinic over Rossi or Aguero. The price for all three (Elia, Vidal, and Vucinic) is pretty close to what Rossi or Aguero would have cost Juve. We needed quality depth to go from 7th to the top 3, not one world class signing that would have cost 30-40 million euros.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Juventude wrote:This is just my opinion, so I don't want to start a giant debate, but I think that if we bought Aguero or Ross, we would have had to settle on lesser players or no players at all at other positions. Personally, I'll take Elia, Vidal, and Vucinic over Rossi or Aguero. The price for all three (Elia, Vidal, and Vucinic) is pretty close to what Rossi or Aguero would have cost Juve. We needed quality depth to go from 7th to the top 3, not one world class signing that would have cost 30-40 million euros.

If we got Rossi, he would of cost only 30m... In which we'd still have 40m to spare... and this market was not about quantity, rather more on quality in which Marotta promised. In addition to this, we would of still had enough money for the likes of Vidal, Elia, WC CB, Lichsteiner and a Vice Pirlo and all the other players free. But no, we settled to spend more on mediocore and old.

70 - 30 = 40m

Rossi = 30
Vidal = 10.5
Elia = 10
Lichsitenier = 10
Poli = 6
Rodolfho/Lugano(Free)/Lucio/ = 5m
All Players free

= 66.5m

Less than the budget. It does not matter if it's less, this market had nothing to do with Quantity, make that clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:21 pm

sciacca wrote:
Juventude wrote:This is just my opinion, so I don't want to start a giant debate, but I think that if we bought Aguero or Ross, we would have had to settle on lesser players or no players at all at other positions. Personally, I'll take Elia, Vidal, and Vucinic over Rossi or Aguero. The price for all three (Elia, Vidal, and Vucinic) is pretty close to what Rossi or Aguero would have cost Juve. We needed quality depth to go from 7th to the top 3, not one world class signing that would have cost 30-40 million euros.

If we got Rossi, he would of cost only 30m... In which we'd still have 40m to spare... and this market was not about quantity, rather more on quality in which Marotta promised. In addition to this, we would of still had enough money for the likes of Vidal, Elia, WC CB, Lichsteiner and a Vice Pirlo and all the other players free. But no, we settled to spend more on mediocore and old.

70 - 30 = 40m

Rossi = 30
Vidal = 10.5
Elia = 10
Lichsitenier = 10
Poli = 6
All Players free

= 66.5m

Less than the budget. It does not matter if it's less, this market had nothing to do with Quantity, make that clear.

Like I said, just my opinion and I'm not trying to start a debate. I don't believe that Rossi would have gone for 30 despite media reports. Aguero went for around 43 million. Rossi would have been closer to 35, which puts the fee around what Elia, Vidal, and Vucinic cost combined.

I'm happy with the market. My only complaint is not strengthening the back line a bit more. A midfield and forward line of Krasic, Elia, Pirlo, Marchisio/Vidal, Vucinic, and Matri is a pretty damn good team with a deep bench. Much better than the lineup we put out last year.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:36 pm

sciacca wrote:

70 - 30 = 40m

Rossi = 30
Vidal = 10.5
Elia = 10
Lichsitenier = 10
Poli = 6
All Players free

= 66.5m

That is fine but you forgot to list the fees for Matri and Quagliarella that had to be paid, unless you wouldn't redeem either and just buy Rossi which would make a thin squad yet again

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum