MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
rwo power
VivaStPauli
rsinatra
16 posters

Go down

Wolfsburg's Diego Empty Wolfsburg's Diego

Post by rsinatra Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:12 am

Chinese clubs are trying to make their football more appealing, etc, just like some clubs in the Middle East are doing. They're offering Diego about US$ 8million per year, with a contract until 2014.

Santos are well aware of that, so we are willing to offer him the same types of salaries as Neymar and our coach Muricy receive, which are the highest in the club. And they've informed Diego and his agent about it. Remember Diego was revealed to the world at Santos, together with Robinho.

Whoever buys him will also have to pay a good amount of cash to Wolfsburg , who paid 15mil euros to get him out of Juve last summer.

Can you believe this? That guy is amazing. Then he was bought by the right club at the wrong time. Please, Juve fans, don't get me wrong, but Diego was always played out of position, the coaches sucked, and the team itself was underachieving. So he was sold, and his reputation damaged. People talked about Juve getting better, but they didnt even qualify to the Europa League this year, so you can't really say he is to blame for the 09-10 season.

Now I didn't really watch him at Wolfsburg, though I know he already started the season scoring, etc, but then he had injuries, problems, and the club itself wasn't well. I know he apparently misbehaved, and had trouble with the coach, but I can't believe he went to another club who wasn't for him. I know it's easy enough to say it now, but he left Werder Bremen at the wrong time. He should've waited, but how would he know..

I really hope he doesn't go to China, man. He's not old, he's only 26. I hope he goes to Santos, where he'll feel happy and at home, and will be able to play his good football. Robinho spent 6 months with us last year, after a terrible experience with Man City, and then went on to AC Milan to have his best European season yet. We'll need Diego, especially if we do sell Ganso.

But if he doesn't come to us, I hope he goes somewhere else, maybe some smaller club in Spain or something.

Last edited by rsinatra on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Wolfsburg's Diego Empty Re: Wolfsburg's Diego

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:15 am

TBH I don't get why he's not going back to Bremen. Did he really burn all the bridges there? They're who made him worth 20m. He pretty much sucked everywhere else.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:18 am

Yeah he should go back there hehe. I don't know how his relationship with the team is.

He did some good things at Juve, I remember watching him sometimes, but he also sucked a lot, just like the entire team did that season.. He needs to play in a team that is willing to play him where he belongs.. I dont think he's the most awesome player ever, but he's got a lot of quality.I don't know what happened to him at Wolfsburg, but I think the Juve experience left him a bit down, just like Real Madrid did to Robinho.. then he spent 6 happy months with Santos, won two trophies, went back to Europe and won the scudetto with them.

PS. Diego didn't suck with Santos Very Happy that's where he attracted European interest!
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 am

I'd prefer to see him back in Bremen, too. There he was class and the team chemistry seemed to fit for him.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:52 am

"Diego was always played out of position"
- Nope. We based our entire formation around him. He was the reason we changed.

"...the coaches sucked, and the team itself was underachieving."
- We brought in an inexperienced coach to implement a completely new formation/system. The team was 2nd in the previous year, but the transfer guru and upper management screwed it up big time and it has cost us dearly.

"So he was sold, and his reputation damaged."
- Not really, in my opinion. The thing is, he is definitely not a champion and he should have done better at Wolfsburg this season - let's not detract away from this.

I, like many, didn't want him to leave. I wish him all the best. The reason he left was that we didn't want to pay the full amount on him, so we went separate ways.
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:09 am

when i first saw him in the 08-09 uefa cup, i thought he could be the next big thing..he did impress in his first few games in serie a ...apparently thr was even a goal article on diego becoming the next serie a star when we saw kaka and ibra departing to la liga..but since then he has been an utter flop ..he was a more of a ball hog TBH..and having cf's like amauri and iaquinta who r not that good on the ball dint help his playing style as well..i think its the best option for him to go back to brazil ,rejuvenate himself and maybe see how his career will pan out then !!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:36 am

Diego is bit one dimensional IMO . Can only play on the hole and needs to have the team build the team build around him somewhat similar to Riquelme . But the problem is he isnt good enough to have the team build around in a big club .

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:48 am

So if Diego goes to Santos...is this a sign of Ganso leaving :?:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:56 pm

I don't think I've said it on this site, but when Diego is on his game, you'd be very hard pressed to find a player in the Bundesliga more dangerous. It would be a shame for him to leave so young, but a Ribas/Magath combination is simply waiting for a locker room bust-up.

Bremen isn't a possibility, I specifically remember a few months ago their sporting director claiming that the problem that prompted the transfer to Juventus still remained, his salary is too large for Bremen to handle.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:05 pm

he is cancer in any team ..he has quality but he is cancer
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:51 pm

I don't care where he goes, but I'll be happy if he does so Magath gives Orozco a chance.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:30 pm

He's good when he's on his game, but how often does that happen?
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:52 pm

It happened quite often at Werder Bremen.

I think things have just been going wrong for him. I'll use Robinho's example again: he underachieved at both Real Madrid and City, but now is doing quite well at AC Milan. I think Diego just needs to find the right club. But I agree with you guys on some things, I know he's not perfect, but I still think he's quality, above average. I really don't know what happened at Wolfsburg, but the guy is quality.

Well, there are reports going around in Brazil that Ganso might be leaving during this window transfer after all. If he does, we MUST have Diego.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Ah Diego, where did it go wrong? I remember reading an article many moons ago about 3 players that was up and coming for Brasil: one was the circus act (Robinho), one was Mr. Hollywood (Kaka) and the other was the real deal (Diego).

Robinho may not have reached the heights his initial potential said but he is fine at Milan, Kaka maybe a shadow of himself but he has done extremely well and Diego, I don't know. The man is really gifted, like Ronaldinho gifted but things really doesn't seem to be working out at all.

So I agree, he needs to go back home. I think he'll find himself again at Santos...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Very gifted and talented player, but his time with us set him back a long way...

I hope he finds his way again.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:51 am

LOL, do goal.com editors read this forum, even though it isn't a goal.com forum anymore?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/1991/06/11/2526740/from-brazils-next-big-star-to-juventus-wolfsburg-reject
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:55 am

rsinatra, are you Clark Whitney?
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:11 am

He seems like Gourcuff.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I respect Diego and his crazy skills
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Someone's been leaking information. There's a traitor among our ranks Evil or Very Mad
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down