Ali
urbaNRoots
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
RedAndWhiteArmy
Sushi Master
Swanhends
15 posters

Go down

Multiple Reports: Gyan signs 1 year loan with Al Ain in UAE Empty Multiple Reports: Gyan signs 1 year loan with Al Ain in UAE

Post by Swanhends Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Cost 13m pounds a year ago and then loan him? Da Fck?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Multiple Reports: Gyan signs 1 year loan with Al Ain in UAE Empty Re: Multiple Reports: Gyan signs 1 year loan with Al Ain in UAE

Post by Sushi Master Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Well, Bendtner's so good he doesn't have a chance, really.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Multiple Reports: Gyan signs 1 year loan with Al Ain in UAE Empty Re: Multiple Reports: Gyan signs 1 year loan with Al Ain in UAE

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:27 pm

At least we have more strikers than Everton.
Can't believe that Bruce has sold him though. Sess and Bendtner have to be amazing if we're going to have a good season.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:30 pm

no chance of a good season now

more like relegation struggle, Bruce wont be here by xmas.

Only hope of survival now is we can get o'neil in by jan so he can bring some players in and try save us.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Bendtner to prove the world he's the best ever Twisted Evil
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Still shocked at Gyan decision. Should have signed a proven Premier League striker while the transfer window was open. It is time for Ji to step up and show the form he has when he plays for South Korea.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Bruce wins noob of season tbh
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:44 pm

can't wait to watch then Twisted Evil
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Wouldn't be suprised if Bruce resigns/is sacked after the game today which of course means Sunderland will obviously win today.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:53 pm

He was complaining about his wages and now he's joined a rich Middle east side.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Well its clear Gyan has been very unsettled and not sure we can blame him either for that.To keep ur best striker for 25k per week was a daft thing to do by Sunderland.I mean even Championship strikers are on higher wages should have given him a wage rise at the start of the season.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:22 pm

poor mans Uche :coffee:

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:34 pm

He wont be on 25k that's speculation, now one knows what wages the players are on.

If he has been unsettled its not by the club, its by the press and agents putting all kinds of storys out and engineering moves for him behind our back.

The issue at Sunderland is our owners and management have always made a thing out of having players who want to be at Sunderland. If they show the slightest sign of being unhappy or motivated by money we will ship them out.

We need to be more like spurs and force players to stay like Modric. And keep hold of the players who do want to stay like Kenwyne Jones and Henderson did.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Gyansdancingboots. If you want a stream, I have one or are you actually at the match.
http://www.livescorehunter.ro/streams/1/lshengland1.html
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:03 pm

All these guys with Bendy in their sig (:
In the Arsenal forums, we just rant about him T___TT.
He's so stuck up >>

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:19 pm

I can't believe u guys sold Gyan, he is better than all your current strikers....

Sad
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Steve Bruce = :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Gyan was quite fun to watch tbh, at least Sessegnon's still there
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:44 pm

elmystique wrote:I can't believe u guys sold Gyan, he is better than all your current strikers....

Sad
Loaned and I know what you mean, but you know, in the modern day game, what can you really do? The guy wants to leave for whatever reason and is performing just awfully, the guy's gotta go.

I feel for Sunderland fans a little bit, but the one's in the stadium need to make some noise and get behind the boys. I felt like I was watching a training kick-about for Chelsea in a church.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:17 am

Yeah, after hearing chelsea fans every week, dead silience at the stadium of light was strange.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Quinn speaks on Gyan

Chairman Niall Quinn has spoken exclusively to safc.com today to clarify the details behind Asamoah Gyan's loan move to UAE side Al-Aim.

"I've heard and read all sorts of nonsense over the last few days and it's important that our fans are in possession of the full facts on this, not hearsay, rumour and media speculation," Quinn said.
"From the moment Asamoah returned for pre-season training we could tell that there were people trying to move him on. We hoped it would pass by, rebuking approaches from the Premier League, France and Turkey and felt the player would settle back down and continue to help our cause.
"Throughout this time we were also receiving real interest from Al-Ain, but it looked as if that too had lost momentum by last Wednesday.
"Steve spoke to Asamoah on Thursday morning, asking him to knuckle down and we were all set to move on. Later that day however Al-Ain began a prolonged effort to get the deal back on track and this turned the players' attentions once more to a possible move.
"Come Friday, the chairman of Al-Ain and his advisors had flown into Newcastle and arrived at our training ground to discuss a potential deal for Asa. They were very professional but determined to sign the player and at this point we took a number of things into consideration:
1. The players' obviously negative demeanor in and around the training ground
2. The fact that the transfer window in the UAE had over 50 days remaining, meaning this was unlikely to go away.
3. The clear desire of the player to leave.
4. The forthcoming African Nations Cup, which would have meant losing Asamoah for up to six weeks in the New Year.
5. The obvious economic benefits to our club in the terms of the final deal laid out to us.

"In the early hours of Saturday morning chief executive Margaret Byrne and myself agreed a loan deal to allow Asamoah his wish to move but that would also, and more importantly, protect the club should things not work out for the player.
"Steve Bruce, our owner and the Board all found the football decision that Asamoah wished to make baffling but I as chairman, with everyone's full support, decided that this deal was in the best interests of our football club.
"There was a lot of things that needed to happen before the deal was fully secured, such as a medical, which has in fact only just been completed today. Unfortunately, word of the deal came out ahead of our game against Chelsea.

"Steve's frustrations towards the player, expressed minutes after the Chelsea game, were understandable at such a time but I can reveal that since then Asamoah and Steve have made contact and they are on good terms.
"The olive branch is now there for Asamoah, but he will need to convince Steve, the Board and every Sunderland fan of his commitment to this club if he is to return. I am delighted however that he has agreed to make a sizeable donation to SAFC Foundation for each month that he is away on loan.
"This is the first opportunity that I have had to talk publicly about the deal as we now have confirmation that all the formalities are complete and I hope that our fans will appreciate that the decision was taken in the best interest of our club - which will always be my remit. It also goes without saying that this puts Steve and his recruitment options in a far stronger position for the January window.
"As the dust begins to settle we hope to concentrate everyone's minds on our forthcoming games, getting our squad to blend and kick-start our season. I understand our fans' frustrations at the moment and I thank them for their patience and understanding."

Apparently we are getting a record breaking loan Fee of 6 million, his wages are being paid so that frees up another 2 million or so. Leaves us with a few quid to spend in January.

All things considered not a bad deal really. I suppose we could of done a spurs and forced him to stay like they did with Modric. But financially the deal suits us and it lets a player leave who is unhappy and not at his best.

Seems like the door is open for him to return next season. Maybe if he looses the extra weight hes carrying and starts performing he can live upto his potential. But I dont personally think we will welcome him back and see him playing in a Sunderland shirt again.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:14 pm

kick mars wrote:Yeah, after hearing Chelsea fans every week, dead silience at the stadium of light was strange.

Cant really judge our fans on a period like we are going through at the moment. They are normally louder than most.

:p Just like I wouldn't judge your fans when we outang you at the bridge last season, it was like a mortuary.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:57 pm

6 million for a loan fee. Surely a new record. Can't really see if Gyan does come back to the club, him getting a warm welcome from the fans. Agree with GDB about the fans at the Chelsea game as when I have been to see them play, it is always great atmosphere.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Did this really happen? LOL
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum