gmos01
harhar11
Ganso
Omniscient
EarlyPrototype
38 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Real Sociedad appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Real Sociedad appreciation thread

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 am

why did they have to fck up

They still have to play us as well. I don't want Valencia in CL next season. common Sociedad ffs

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Real Sociedad appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Real Sociedad appreciation thread

Post by che Tue May 07, 2013 10:32 am

Arquitecto wrote:

If Valencia make the CL, expect them to fail Espana for the 100th time.

lol as opposed to what? sociedad making it to the semis beating at least three other champions in the process?

last time they qualified for the cl in 03, when they finished second in the league, they performed exactly as good/bad as valencia this year - second in group, out in first knockout... of the other small teams that made the 4th spot, betis didn't make it out of the groups and osasuna didn't even make the competition proper so please do explain to me on what basis will sociedad embarrass spain less than valencia

it's the entire issue of the la liga fourth place going to the least suckiest team out of the top 10 that embarrasses spain, not individual clubs... valencia coasted to it in the last three years, sociedad are coasting to it now... for all their unbeaten series, they're a grand total of 2 points ahead of us, and we were bottom 10 in december because pellegrino

i get it that sociedad is a nice novelty and everyone's jumping on the bandwagon, but let's stay on the sane side of things
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 07, 2013 10:41 am

Hope Valencia qualifies, they are a better team than Real Sociedad and I always like Valverde and had sympathy for valencia being from the catalan countries.

A pitty they fired emery and signed a nutjob like Pellegrino.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 pm

che wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

If Valencia make the CL, expect them to fail Espana for the 100th time.

lol as opposed to what? sociedad making it to the semis beating at least three other champions in the process?

last time they qualified for the cl in 03, when they finished second in the league, they performed exactly as good/bad as valencia this year - second in group, out in first knockout... of the other small teams that made the 4th spot, betis didn't make it out of the groups and osasuna didn't even make the competition proper so please do explain to me on what basis will sociedad embarrass spain less than valencia

it's the entire issue of the la liga fourth place going to the least suckiest team out of the top 10 that embarrasses spain, not individual clubs... valencia coasted to it in the last three years, sociedad are coasting to it now... for all their unbeaten series, they're a grand total of 2 points ahead of us, and we were bottom 10 in december because pellegrino

i get it that sociedad is a nice novelty and everyone's jumping on the bandwagon, but let's stay on the sane side of things

Relax Che, as my final comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously but lightly.

I watch Sociedad every year as this year isn't any different. Of course, Valencia in this decade have been considerably impressive within Europe in both competitions, yet recently to me, they have underachieved in circumstances to in which I believe they could have done better in. This isn't a remark yet I hold it as my personal opinion.

It is also my personal belief that this Sociedad would better suit Europe based on their tactics than to what would Valencia would. That is another personal belief spawned from my observation on the difference between both the sides, and to which I feel Sociedad have an edge through their squad and manager. Aside from Sociedad, I actually prefer Valencia making the UCL compared to Betis, or Malaga the latter team to which I hold little respect for.

I also want to hear your opinions on Valverde and your personal evaluation on him, Che.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue May 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

I watch Sociedad every year as this year isn't any different. Of course, Valencia in this decade have been considerably impressive within Europe in both competitions, yet recently to me, they have underachieved in circumstances to in which I believe they could have done better in. This isn't a remark yet I hold it as my personal opinion.

we're not underachieving, we just suck lol... which is, like i said, a big reason why sociedad won't put a big dent in europe either, they're getting the fourth place by default since everyone else is doing horribly in the league... less horribly than previous years but still, nothing to celebrate

I also want to hear your opinions on Valverde and your personal evaluation on him, Che.

he's great and i hope bilbao keep their stinking paws off him in the summer if he decides to stay :coffee:

seriously though, aside from insisting on playing tino and guardado, i really can't say anything bad about him, and that's coming from me... we play decent football, his subs are usually spot on, the team's mentally there most of the time (i think we won like 4 games under him in the last 5 minutes), and the guy actually managed to turn parejo into a football player so i think he may just be literally jesus

and he does this while managing a team whose third highest scorer is ricardo costa, and nobody knows who's going to be running the club over summer

9/10 would extend long term
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue May 07, 2013 10:11 pm

we're not underachieving, we just suck lol... which is, like i said, a big reason why sociedad won't put a big dent in europe either, they're getting the fourth place by default since everyone else is doing horribly in the league... less horribly than previous years but still, nothing to celebrate

That was my initial complaint. Valencia's consistency within La Liga wasn't matched within Europe to which results have been recently underwhelming. Its the same frustration Serie A fans feel when Udinese reach CL or Leverkusen for Bundesliga.

The fourth place by default comparison is harsh as Sociedad just got off a 15 game winning streak and have the 3rd most points accrued in 2013. Their squad depth, manager and philosophy has allowed them to be a meniscus of moderate success within Europe if they play their cards right. Their set-up can succeed in Europe from what I predict.

he's great and i hope bilbao keep their stinking paws off him in the summer if he decides to stay

seriously though, aside from insisting on playing tino and guardado, i really can't say anything bad about him, and that's coming from me... we play decent football, his subs are usually spot on, the team's mentally there most of the time (i think we won like 4 games under him in the last 5 minutes), and the guy actually managed to turn parejo into a football player so i think he may just be literally jesus

and he does this while managing a team whose third highest scorer is ricardo costa, and nobody knows who's going to be running the club over summer

9/10 would extend long term

Its refreshing to see this opinion from you as your search for a stable manager seems to have finally ceased and for that I am happy. No wonder you are back hmm

Also surprises me as this forum was quick to jump the gun on how bad he was from his initial results and I haven't seen a word of praise on him since, obviously do to the inability to eat ones words. Pellegrini and Mel are endlessly praised yet Txingurri doesn't seem to accrue praise despite blowing them out of the water in terms of points. Maybe Valencia isn't as watched any more. I would like to watch them more often now.

Athletic Club will remain with Bielsa as I wouldn't bet on them going for Valverde just yet. I mean he a revered figure in their club (was an excellent player) and is Basque yet reports aren't concrete and neither are gaining momentum. Seeing him back wouldn't anger the fans though, as in his short stint Txingurri was quite the manager there.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Cadena Cope informs that Laurent Blanc is going to become RS new manager

disgrace, letting montanier go to hire blanc? No
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 am

http://www.realsociedad.com//document/view/spa//169590/la-real-destinara-la-taquilla-del-celta-de-vigo-a-los-afectados-de-filipinas-

Donated their ticketsale proceeds of their Celta match to Philippine people. Respect.

The Real Sociedad appreciation thread - Page 3 2997653223
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:50 am

:bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:13 am

Adit wrote:http://www.realsociedad.com//document/view/spa//169590/la-real-destinara-la-taquilla-del-celta-de-vigo-a-los-afectados-de-filipinas-

Donated their  ticketsale proceeds of their Celta match to Philippine people. Respect.

The Real Sociedad appreciation thread - Page 3 2997653223
Sad
Respect.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:05 pm

- €24 million profit for the 2013-14 season
- Expected profit of €36 million for the 2014-15 season
- Big renovation to the Anoeta is expected

There isn't a Real Sociedad thread but this is the closest I think.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Don't forget to send Perez a thank you card for paying the full amount for Illarra and it's about time they put some improvement to the Anoeta.

Anyway, a well run club doing well run club things is not surprising at all.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Oh god, I hope they get rid of those run tracks. They are so annoying
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:33 am

Send a thank-you note to Pérez for buying (and ruining) Illarramendi? Rolling Eyes

And yes, removing the race-tracks is one of the expected improvements to the stadium. It was even reported earlier this year in AS:

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/04/08/primera/1396958176_814500.html

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:36 am

Pippo wrote:Send a thank-you note to Pérez for buying (and ruining) Illarramendi? Rolling Eyes /1396958176_814500.html
Well, yes. That's what I wrote. You can send dog poo in a brown bag for the ruining part.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3