H.A.
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
Magricos
cyberman
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

From a purely sporting standpoint.. Empty From a purely sporting standpoint..

Post by cyberman Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:16 am

Do you think Ronaldo regrets leaving United?.... Too early maybe?
Dont post about whos bigger.. minimal if any difference, or fabricated dreams.. Purely football wise.
IMO he joined Madrid too early. He should be the final piece of a jig saw, not a building block. Stay at Utd.. evolve a bit more and join Madrid when theyre ready, not with Adebayor up front, Arbeloa at RB and Kaka on the treatment table.
Imagine 2 more years at Utd... probably 2 Epl titles and i swear wed have won the CL in 2010 with 34 goal Rooney and CR7 up front.. ( never mind the teams wed have faced)
imagine that added to his Utd c.v. and he joined Madrid tomorrow. It would be summer 09 times 100. Youd sell out 5 Bernabeaus for his unveiling.
Plus hed come out in the Messi comparison a lot better. Not every Barca title won be seen as a CR7 / Madrid failure.
Joining Madrid at 24 hurt his legacy

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

From a purely sporting standpoint.. Empty Re: From a purely sporting standpoint..

Post by Magricos Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:19 am

:facepalm:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

From a purely sporting standpoint.. Empty Re: From a purely sporting standpoint..

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:21 am

Yes. Yes I do. Anyone who doesn't think Ronaldo has at one or another point thought "If I stayed at United I could have played another CL final" is kidding himself.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:27 am

I am sorry, but I dont see how anyone can disagree with this.

Barca fans being Barca fans and cyber being cyber, its probably hard to hear, but its clearly the truth.

He has won 1 title at Madrid, the Copa. Man Utd have won more without him and if he was there, who knows they may of won even more.

There is no doubting Cristiano's desire to win, say what you like about him, but the work he puts in on the traning ground proves it.

On a pure footballing basis, there is no question he must in some way regret it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:27 am

I feel this is a troll attempt but anyway I kinda want to kill some time so here goes.

He already got the titles though, no?!

I personally don't think it was early for him to have left, I don't even know when he'll peak as he's still rockin ever since he joined us. He has achieved everything possible with manu so it was simply the time to move on.

Adebayor, Arbeloa, Kaka?! One ex-player, two subs? Really?!?! hmm

It was clear whomever won the league + CL between him and messi was the one who'll win the Balon D'or. This statement remains true for this current season too.

He broke La Liga's goal scoring record so what legacy was hurt exactly?!

If we win this season hopefully watch how Ronaldo will be hailed [along with mou I guess Razz ]

H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:30 am

He once said he won everything with Man United and wanted a new challenge.
the guy is so ambitious, he always takes big risks to make himself better.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 am

from a winning standpoint yea ofc man utd would have been better

from a sporting standpoint not so much, like el pipita said he wanted a new challenge and new experience probably (and more money)
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:39 am

Yeah, from a pure footballing standpoint, he left utd too early. They were in such a good run, he could have added more titles to his name by staying there.

The argument about it being the building block is right as well, It's not even the vest kind of player to build around so i understand it.

On the other hand, it's hard to argue that Man utd would have definitely won a CL or another EPL. THeir game changed so much and they became more of a unit, something crucial in their last title run.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:40 am

H.A. If he joined Madrid tomorrow thered be a great chance hed still set La Liga records.
I know weve won 1 title since he left but 2010 still gets me. We were set for a CL semi v average Lyon and Chelsea at home to win the title. Rooney destroys his ankle and were stuck with a struggling Berbatov and suffer for it. CR7 wouldve carried that load himself. We couldve reached 4 CLs finals in a row ffs
2011 speaks for itself and god knows whatll happen this year with our young side.
Then theres improving for 2 more years under Sir Alex.
It just seems to me he took an unnecessary step down in anticipation for a high that may never come.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:45 am

to be fair winning the la liga is more difficult than winning the epl because you have to beat barca over a 38 game season than it is for united to win the epl.. plus he had already won epl 3 times in a row.. he wanted to compete in the same league with the best team in the world with the best player in the world.. ie. barca and messi... its like if you want to keep winning at a lesser level you can do it but if you want to do it against a better side, chances are you may not succeed but if you really aspire greatess you have to compete with the best.. and united wouldnt have won the cl in 2010.. people underestimate that year's inter milan side..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:46 am

Pipita the challenge of staying on top is greater than anything imo. Thats why Giggs, Maldini, Raul, Xavi etc are seen as the legends they are.
Utd were 1 title from beating Lvpools EPL record and just lost a CL final.. the challenges were there for him. Dominating europe is a challenge... setting unreachable records and title hauls is a challenge. joing a team costing 250m in a 2 side league cant be a greater challenge.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:50 am

Maybe an intresting thought.

When Cristiano signed there are things he didnt know which now have come to light.

For example, Barca were good, but I dont think he knew for sure they would continue being great 3 years in a row.

But more then that, he signed with the assumption he was going to have Ballon D'or winner Kaka alongside him instead of the crock we see today. Maybe he didnt see himself as only player to buld around, more so, just "one" of the players to build around.

I mean this was supposed to be Galactico 2.0 so maybe he thought he would be getting the same as Zidane got with Figo, Ronaldo and co.

Maybe knowing this, he wouldnt of gone.

Though, I do agree on a sporting stance, the "new challange" thing probably playd a part aswell.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:53 am

You will always get these possibilities in hindsight and I understand what you're saying about 2010. What if Ronaldo also got injured at that time, you cannot rule that possibility.

On 2011 it could have gone both ways really, even though we ruined our chances of winning the league early we had the possibility of reaching the CL final. You have to decide who would have won it because its pointless to discuss it.

In the end he took a chance. If you discard the sporting area he got to earn more money, moved to a city closer to his home and had [still has imo] the chance to earn more glory.

In hindsight it may have been a mistake if he wanted to win more but at the time [in 09/10] it made sense for him to leave.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:56 am

I said exactly the same thing a while back Dani.

When he moved he talked up about how exciting the project was, about all the great players that were promised him.
18 months later he has Khedira as midfield support, Arbeloa overlapping with Adebayor to cross to.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:58 am

cyberman wrote:I said exactly the same thing a while back Dani.

When he moved he talked up about how exciting the project was, about all the great players that were promised him.
18 months later he has Khedira as midfield support, Arbeloa overlapping with Adebayor to cross to.

why are you talking about them as if they are bad players?

The one team that stopped us from Winning last season was Barcelona, and they stopped everybody.

All and all, 2 years after, we had an amazing team around him, and broke some la liga records, you sound as if it's all a failure. We lost to Barca, as did everyone.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:59 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:why are you talking about them as if they are bad players?
Because they're not galacticos, they're merely good players.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:01 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:why are you talking about them as if they are bad players?
Because they're not galacticos, they're merely good players.

Is a football team supposed to have galacticos all over the pitch? They are good players that have performed for us and produced what expected from them.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:04 am

Theyre not terrible players but fcuk me theyre not exactly great lol.
Thats the trouble in a 2 team league Nick, you see your failure as a relation to Barca winning.
If you had a lesser team youd still finish 2nd and that blanket statement would still apply

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:10 am

Just look at us 6 year back and see what the galacticos got us. I think we really need non star players, Khedira is great. He has helped us a lot so being good is better than going and getting an unneeded galactico.

A recent example is Kaka. We cannot realistically buy the best player in every position. We have improved in getting the essential players first too.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:14 am

cyberman wrote:Theyre not terrible players but fcuk me theyre not exactly great lol.
Thats the trouble in a 2 team league Nick, you see your failure as a relation to Barca winning.
If you had a lesser team youd still finish 2nd and that blanket statement would still apply

Are you kidding me? how do you even bring up that league argument here?

Real Madrid broke team records again last season, performed spectacularly, yet lost to a tremendous barcelona side. Of course we didnt win the league because of them, it's not a failure as you keep repeating slimmy attacks against Madrid.

They have an amazing team, and you tested that yourself in CL final, there was no competition.

As for your rating of madrid players, as a united fan you should be aware that reputation does not make the player. Let's not bring all your traditional madrid/la liga hate in this one thread buddy

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:14 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Is a football team supposed to have galacticos all over the pitch? They are good players that have performed for us and produced what expected from them.
Would you stop being so sensitive? Cyber was talking about Ronaldo expecting to play with galacticos and instead he gets role players. It's a perfectly reasonable comment.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:16 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Is a football team supposed to have galacticos all over the pitch? They are good players that have performed for us and produced what expected from them.
Would you stop being so sensitive? Cyber was talking about Ronaldo expecting to play with galacticos and instead he gets role players. It's a perfectly reasonable comment.
Not being sensitive about the issue, just shocked that you single out a starter and two rotation guys to qualify the quality of people Ronaldo is playing with.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:21 am

Well the players he's playing with aren't mediocre either. Not the best of the best but have the potential to be the best of the best.

I know what you're saying about how each position was to be filled with a star but be realistic no one expected that. It wasn't exactly madrid's fault that Kaka didn't show up, Higuain got injured so we had to use backups.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:24 am

cyberman wrote:I said exactly the same thing a while back Dani.

umm yeahh that would be because our main strikers were out injured and ramos had to play cb because our carvalho/pepe was suspended.. still arbeloa > rafael so..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:25 am

Well its not Madrid's fault, but I dont think its safe to say nobody expect it.

It was galatico 2.0, so you dont really associate your mind with Arbeloa, Khadeira and Pedro Leon.

It its fair to suggest, maybe Cristiano assumed he would get more help then this. Its an assumption, not fact.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum