Juventus's Antonio Conte: 'It Will Be Tough To Beat Bologna'

4 posters

Go down

Juventus's Antonio Conte: 'It Will Be Tough To Beat Bologna' Empty Juventus's Antonio Conte: 'It Will Be Tough To Beat Bologna'

Post by DeviAngel Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:59 pm

The Italian boss believes their Serie A opponents will provide a tough challenge for his team, and spoke on the possible rotation of players ahead of the match

Juventus coach Antonio Conte believes that Serie A opponents Bologna could prove to be a difficult opposition ahead of their fixture on Wednesday.

With the Old Lady having won their first two league games of the season, which included victories over Parma and Siena, the Italian coach has suggested that Bologna could spell trouble if his players do not stay focused.

"It will be tough to beat them [Bologna], because they're hungry for points. There is too much enthusiasm, and everything will overturn on us at the first thing that goes wrong. We have to take to the pitch with humility," Conte said, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The coach also spoke about the importance of the squad being in a positive mental state leading into the fixture.

"We must sweat blood, think like a big team but have the attitude of a small one. Always. We have to stay attentive, because nothing is easy." he said.

Speaking about possible squad rotations for the match against Bologna, Conte suggested that there were a few options under consideration, and that players would be chosen based on tactics and the opposition.

"I'm not worried about the physical conditioning. I'll make my [squad] choices based on the opponent and the tactical attitude." he said.

"The pairing of Vucinic and Del Piero? They are central strikers and they can play together. But there are others as well. Whoever plays will have to want to play both offence and defence."

One player would could feature in the match is newly signed Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal.

"He's [Vidal] an excellent player. He gives us an alternative in the middle and he knows how to change the rhythm. But I have to make some choices." Conte admitted.

"In order to play Vidal I have to give a rest to either Pirlo or Marchisio, unless they allow me to play with 12. There shouldn't be a big deal made of it; I have to make choices."

Bologna will be looking to end their poor start to the season, which has resulted in two losses from their two opening fixtures against Fiorentina and Lecce.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus's Antonio Conte: 'It Will Be Tough To Beat Bologna' Empty Re: Juventus's Antonio Conte: 'It Will Be Tough To Beat Bologna'

Post by Juventude Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 pm

The Vidal situation and finding playing time for a lot of the players is a nice problem to have. It's hard to believe it was just a season ago that Marchisio was playing out of position at LW, the attack was in ruins when Quags went down, and our defense had virtually no depth. Things have changed in one year's time.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juventus's Antonio Conte: 'It Will Be Tough To Beat Bologna' Empty Re: Juventus's Antonio Conte: 'It Will Be Tough To Beat Bologna'

Post by DeviAngel Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Juventude wrote:The Vidal situation and finding playing time for a lot of the players is a nice problem to have. It's hard to believe it was just a season ago that Marchisio was playing out of position at LW, the attack was in ruins when Quags went down, and our defense had virtually no depth. Things have changed in one year's time.

We started to look like big team again .... I loved the work Marotta did this summer now let us see how it will end it started great for sure
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Although Conte favours a 4-2-4, I would really like to see him start with a 4-3-3:

Licht...Barzagli...Chiellini...PDC
Vidal...Pirlo...Marchisio
Krasic...Matri...Vucinic

This way we get both Krasic and Vidal into the game early to see how they can play together on the left side of the pitch. I know this won't happen but I think this is our best formation in terms of our players, as it gets both Marchisio and Vidal on the pitch at the same time.

Then you can sub Elia for Vucinic, or Esti, as I believe he has been called up. We have good depth now, and I know I have been critical of Marotta because he did not sign a world class player as he promised, but it looks like we have the depth now that we didn't have last year, especially up front, so I will gladly eat my words and say that Marotta has done a good job with the depth.

Now if we can get another top payer like a Balotelli and get rid of some of the garbage like Amauri, Iaquinta and others, then we will be moving forward.

Napoli is IMHO the scudetto favourite right now. Inter and Milan are falling. Lazio and Roma have issues too. So with a strong first half of the season and a strong winter mercato, there is hope...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:31 pm

juve_gigi wrote:Although Conte favours a 4-2-4, I would really like to see him start with a 4-3-3:

Krasic...Matri...Vucinic

This way we get both Krasic and Vidal into the game early to see how they can play together on the left side of the pitch. I know this won't happen but I think this is our best formation in terms of our players, as it gets both Marchisio and Vidal on the pitch at the same time.

Then you can sub Elia for Vucinic, or Esti, as I believe he has been called up. We have good depth now, and I know I have been critical of Marotta because he did not sign a world class player as he promised, but it looks like we have the depth now that we didn't have last year, especially up front, so I will gladly eat my words and say that Marotta has done a good job with the depth.

Now if we can get another top payer like a Balotelli and get rid of some of the garbage like Amauri, Iaquinta and others, then we will be moving forward.

Napoli is IMHO the scudetto favourite right now. Inter and Milan are falling. Lazio and Roma have issues too. So with a strong first half of the season and a strong winter mercato, there is hope...

To many players for 4-3-3 ... that means Quagli,ADP,Iaquinta(lol),Elia,Esti,Giaccherini,Pepe, on the bench ...to much if u ask me
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:34 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Although Conte favours a 4-2-4, I would really like to see him start with a 4-3-3:

Krasic...Matri...Vucinic

To many players for 4-3-3 ... that means Quagli,ADP,Iaquinta(lol),Elia,Esti,Giaccherini,Pepe, on the bench ...to much if u ask me

Well apparently the new stadium has a very large kitchen, so there shouldn't be a problem for some of the mentioned players to leave the bench and go help Amauri cook the pre-game meal... Razz
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:36 pm

heh I still haven't given up on Amauri and I want him to start at least 1 game in the new system ...why signing new ST when if he starts to score as he did against parma ?

sell Iaquinta, release toni

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:38 pm

I love how Conte never seems to get complacent...
Go in every match like it's a Champions League Final...
TO GET THE WIN!!! don't under estimate anyone
Take Inter for example...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:41 pm

conte is doing wonderful job so far I hope he will continue to do so in the remaning 36 games
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down