PinePHresh
Patrick Bateman
15 posters

Go down

Ranieri agrees Inter contract Empty Ranieri agrees Inter contract

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 0:16

Wednesday 21 September, 2011
Report: Ranieri agrees Inter contract

It is widely reported Claudio Ranieri has agreed a two-year contract to replace Gian Piero Gasperini on the Inter bench.

The former Chelsea, Parma, Juventus and Roma Coach was spotted at the Nerazzurri headquarters this evening.

It’s believed there was a clinch meeting between President Massimo Moratti and his closest advisors to decide on this option after Gasperini was sacked.

Ranieri had been set to sign a contract to the end of the season with an option for a second, but it’s now reported Inter agreed to give him a two-year deal.

The tactician can also bring his favoured staff with him to San Siro and will take control of his first training session on Thursday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laughing
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Ranieri agrees Inter contract Empty Re: Ranieri agrees Inter contract

Post by PinePHresh Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 0:22

lol Moratti. Why did you give him 2 years guaranteed? Now you will have to pay a higher severance fee when you fire this guy.

4 derbies
4 coaches
4 defeats

olololololol
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 0:23

Yeah, 2 years is too much when at most he'll last 6 months Very Happy

Too bad wiggles isn't here, I would have loved to read his rants on the matter.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by disait Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 0:23

We should start of with a short-term contract!
How about a three match contract?
disait
disait
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 0:24

Ranieri is not a solution to the problem :facepalm:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 0:27

Sushi Master wrote:Yeah, 2 years is too much when at most he'll last 6 months Very Happy

Too bad wiggles isn't here, I would have loved to read his rants on the matter.

He knows how to beat Bayern. Wink
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 0:27

Grande_Milano wrote:Ranieri is not a solution to the problem :facepalm:
No manager will be a solution to the problem. Look at that squad. I don't know how Ranieri's squad building skills are like, but that squad needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 0:39

Sushi Master wrote:
No manager will be a solution to the problem. Look at that squad. I don't know how Ranieri's squad building skills are like, but that squad needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Attack is bad yes, but then midfield with Cambiasso, unageing Stancovic, Motta, Sneijder and Zanetti can still rock. Plus, integration of Alvarez and Coutinho might help big time. Defence is world class with Lucio, Ranocchia, Samuel, Maicon and Nagatomo. Jonathan might also offer something. This team needs a president with cool head and a good coach (not loser ClaudiA Raniery lol).
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 1:00

Inter already have 2nd position wrapped up.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 1:08

baresi wrote:Inter already have 2nd position wrapped up.

Just what i wanted to post, 2nd place guaranteed.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 1:10

Inter will bounce back in a great way, mark my word. Wink
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 1:30

Have a bit of bad news for the Inter fans Ranieri plays a 3 man defence sometimes.He did anytime we played Napoli (and we lost both games :facepalm: ) and on a few other occasions.Tinkerman :facepalm:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 2:03

at least when he has a bad run of games he'll quit before moratti fires him
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 2:28

Raniari is an underrated coach.

He is a nearly man, but always did more with his squad than can be done. It is that he gets nervous at the final stretch and it translates to the whole team.

Plus he is honorable, and would resign before being fired. I can say that he is not a Rafa in that regard. He probably will not cost you much, and ironically, though he will not probably win you anything, he will most surely steady the ship.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 3:44

Grande_Milano wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

Attack is bad yes, but then midfield with Cambiasso, unageing Stancovic, Motta, Sneijder and Zanetti can still rock. Plus, integration of Alvarez and Coutinho might help big time. Defence is world class with Lucio, Ranocchia, Samuel, Maicon and Nagatomo. Jonathan might also offer something. This team needs a president with cool head and a good coach (not loser ClaudiA Raniery lol).

i think you're over rating our squad a little bit especially the midfield. Stanko and combiasso are good DMs, but they suck offensivly, and with the 2 of them on the field there's no wonder our attack looks helpless. Our defence is still WC and that can help us integrate counter attacking tactics, but our strikers and just too slow to make it happen.

I agree there is alot of class in our squad, but our players are all the same, a midfield of Zanetti Stanko and Combi is just suicide offensivly, so unless our young guns Alvarez, Poli and Countinho step there game up then we're doomed

edit: Renieri's squad bulding skills very good, a second and a third place with a newly promoted Juvi was a good achievement, but he's not without his flaws coz for example he signed paolsen when he had a real chance of signing xabi alonso...
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 3:53

The Fonz wrote:Have a bit of bad news for the Inter fans Ranieri plays a 3 man defence sometimes.He did anytime we played Napoli (and we lost both games :facepalm: ) and on a few other occasions.Tinkerman :facepalm:

Im a huge fan of Renieri's tinkering ! remember the derby when Roma was losing and he subbed off Totti and DDR in the half time and won 2-1 ? that was a genious and a brave move, but i have to admit that his tinkering goes a little too far sometimes and his mistakes are usually costly

As for his tactics, the man does not bound himself with a certain system, at Roma he played in many different ways including like 451 4231 4321 4213 and he came very close to winning the league and if it wasnt for his nervousness, renieri would be one of the top coaches in italy
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 3:57

I'm nervous about how the squad will react to having to follow/listen to a guy who Mou publicly bashed so often...there are still a lot of players on our team who worship the ground Mou walks on
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 5:22

I find it quite funny that some Inter fans, especially those who wanted Gasperini out, are complaining about getting Ranieri. He's the best possible option out there at the moment and is a clear step up from Inter's 2 previous coaches (being Gasperini and Leonardo). He's a good tactician and a coach capable of doing a lot with what he has at his disposal. Some say he only plays a 4-4-2, which couldn't be further from the truth. He plays whatever formation is best suited to the team, unlike Gasperini who tried to implement his desired tactics without having the correct players to do so. I expect him to switch Inter up to a 4-3-1-2; Sneijder would be much more comfortable and that alone is a huge plus, while someone like Alvarez I think will have a good chance at settling himself within the squad. I fear for Obi's chances, as well as Castagnios to some extent, but not a big loss compared to what would be gained in reverting to a style that suits the team much more.

bhends wrote:I'm nervous about how the squad will react to having to follow/listen to a guy who Mou publicly bashed so often...there are still a lot of players on our team who worship the ground Mou walks on

That I think would be the main issue. But Ranieri has lots of experience and I think the team would be ready to jump on board with him for a clean start.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 5:26

shouldve kept benitez.

:coffee:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu 22 Sep 2011 - 5:31

Ranieri is the perfect patch up save the season guy, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any delusions of being Inter's long term coach.

It's actually a great move as he has proven to turn teams around quickly and be effective for about a season or two.

He can make Inter into a good functioning team again and attractive for a top coach to come in and take them where they need to go.

People saying this is a bad move either don't realize the trouble Inter's in or don't understand the job he is being brought in to do.

Great move by Inter.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum