Supporting teams other than your "primary" team.

+20
xabi
Die_Roten
Vibe
StrugaRock
Lord Awesome
Turok_TTZ
S32TABLANCA
c_bernard10
guest7
gunner1987
ChollaVille
DagenhamDave
TheRedStag
Sushi Master
skali
Soul
free_cat
scirea6
Kick
lszanto
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Supporting teams other than your "primary" team. Empty Supporting teams other than your "primary" team.

Post by lszanto Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:30 am

Just wondering, do you guys have teams you like in other leagues other than the one you support? Obviously if they happen to run into each other in CL etc you'd be supporting your primary team, but a team you enjoy watching/have a player you really like etc. But as they are not in your league you still like to see them doing well.

For me outside of EPL I like Atletico, this was because of Aguero but I guess now partly due to the Chelsea GK on loan there. I'd always be keen to see them do well and loved it when they beat Barca etc so I could rub it in to my Barca friends. I even went as far as buying an Aguero jersey(my mate was going to get Forlan but never did) and then he goes and moves to city Sad

Sorry if this has been a thread before. I'm sure some people think it's horrendous to like any club other than their main club, but I'm sure alot of people like watching or like a few other teams.

Last edited by lszanto on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Supporting teams other than your "primary" team. Empty Re: Supporting teams other than your "primary" team.

Post by Kick Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:33 am

Bayern, would support them if it wasn't for Chelsea. I love their players and watching them play.

Next would be valencia but this is only a minor liking.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Supporting teams other than your "primary" team. Empty Re: Supporting teams other than your "primary" team.

Post by scirea6 Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:40 am

Real Madrid without Jose Mourinho . Raul .
scirea6
scirea6
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:05 am

There's some people in this forum that supports 2 teams.

I've never supported another team, but I liked some teams for a while, although didn't really follow them, but if i could, I catch an sporadic match: Chelsea, Arsenal, Ibrahimovic at Inter... and that's about it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:27 am

I can't.

I tried watching a few games of some good teams but it just didn't feel as special as watching a Chelsea game.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by skali Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:39 am

I always favor one team more whenever I watch a game, but I don't support any club other than Madrid.
skali
skali
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:37 am

Yeah, I'm one of the more visible people who support 2 teams.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:27 am

I support too teams as well.

I know fundamentally its wrong; you should only support one team, but I cant help myself. I love both clubs.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:29 am

man united supporter and Dagenham And Redbridge (my local team plays in league 2, live less than a mile from the stadium)
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:36 am

2nd is Dortmund.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:43 am

I grew up going to Kansas City Wizards games (now Sporting KC) and they will always be my local team, even though I now live in Denver and the team here is the Rapids.

How did I start supporting Arsenal, you might ask? I grew up playing club/premiere level soccer and one of the first teams I was on as a kid was "Arsenal." No joke. We had the old JVC Arsenal jerseys... I had no idea who they were at the time (I was 11 or 12 maybe?).. I started following shortly after that, and obviously watching the Invincibles team had me hooked. The first time I REALLY started watching games was the Champions League run when we lost to Barca in the final. I remember skipping practice to watch that game.

Sorry, little off topic... But I guess I support Arsenal and Sporting KC, and then abroad I always like watching Valencia/Bayern and Fulham because of Brian McBride/Clint Dempsey.

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:45 am

I've started supporting Schalke for Raul alone. I miss the guy Sad
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:22 am

Bayern is always good to watch.
and Stoke City when kenwyne jones is playing.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:24 am

Recently Man Utd have been very worth while to watch as well. I have been watching them quite a bit lately, especially since Milan is injury-deprived and out of form.
But I will never support any team but Milan

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:31 am

Juve because I used to support them when I was little. Schalke because of Raul. And of course my local team.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:01 am

Hm Ac milan being my 2nd team. support them as my bro does as well. started supporting them in late 06-07. believe it or not it wasnt becuz of kaka (didnt even know who he was until the end of that season). main reason for support is admiration of Gennaro Ivan Gattuso and his awesomeness. He is a man among men.

like stoke abit.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:55 am

Believe it or not Valencia are my 2nd club.

America are priority.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Believe it or not Valencia are my 2nd club.

America are priority.

Well this works for everyone. Local clubs almost always come before the big foreign ones that we adopt.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Believe it or not Valencia are my 2nd club.

America are priority.

To me 2nd club is Real Madrid

My local side "KF Vllaznimi - Strugë" come first
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:18 pm

I really wish football was big enough here for me to go all out for my local club(a league). I prefer to watch my friends play as they play better quality football and I can actually care about the result.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:48 pm

UTD,PSG,BVB,Valencia...Real when classico is on.Arsenal in recent years...

Not nearly as much as Inter though.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Die_Roten Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Bayern 1st, Arsenal 2nd. Other teams I like are Valencia and Lyon, but that's only so I can actually care what happens in those leagues.
Die_Roten
Die_Roten
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:56 pm

I follow Milan alot due to ibrahimovic. But the truth is that I've always liked the club. Even though alot of other madrid fans hate them. Twisted Evil
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:10 pm

I only support one team. But I have a team that I like in most leagues. AC Milan, Barcelona, Dortmund, Rangers and Feyenoord for example.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:53 pm

I started a similar thread few months back :-)

Clubs I like!!! Valencia, Roma, Leverkusen, OM, Ajax. Don't get to watch either, sadly. Just try to keep a tab on them.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum