Wilson37
SamuelJayC
urbaNRoots
djoe26
Jay29
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal 3 - 0 Bolton Wanderers: You are not seeing things, we actually won  - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 3 - 0 Bolton Wanderers: You are not seeing things, we actually won

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:51 am

Good display. The team is gelling together and I was very impressed with Arteta. We were sort of wasteful in front of goal, but I am surprised we actually started shooting from afar, something completely lacking in our game.

The defense was solid as shit, Bolton had no clear chances on goal apart from some very difficult angles. Sagna a rock as usual. Kos and Merts forming have a better understanding. Gibbs has been solid, which is not what I expected of him. If Gibbs is fit, then I would start him over Santos always.

VP, nuff said. I still want to see Park play! Hopefully Walcott's injury isn't tough because he's been KEY in our game this season.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 3 - 0 Bolton Wanderers: You are not seeing things, we actually won  - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 3 - 0 Bolton Wanderers: You are not seeing things, we actually won

Post by Spider Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:14 am

Haha i love the tittle GJ xD

I was actually shoked when i saw the score

Let's just hope we keep wining like this
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:23 am

Good work on the thread Jay

Was important to win today, time to focus on Wednesday.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:52 am

Song was a ridiculously attacking DM.He's never at the back...Arteta comes deep for the ball and Song is already waiting in attack to play a 1-2 with someone.He really needs to be anchored in front of defense,this may release space in attack but it also ridiculously exposes the back four.More cost than gain IMO...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:07 am

VibeTribe wrote:Song was a ridiculously attacking DM.He's never at the back...Arteta comes deep for the ball and Song is already waiting in attack to play a 1-2 with someone.He really needs to be anchored in front of defense,this may release space in attack but it also ridiculously exposes the back four.More cost than gain IMO...

thats what im saying, i dont know whether its him or wenger that tell him to do it...he is just not mobile enough to be a B2B.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:29 am

Just got home after a Day at the Frankfurt motor show.. Missed the match in the process.. Thanks for the post match stuff, brought me up to speed! Cheers Smile 3 points in the bag. Time to build on this.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:40 am

Frankfurt motorshow!??

u best have some pics mate
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:39 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Song was a ridiculously attacking DM.He's never at the back...Arteta comes deep for the ball and Song is already waiting in attack to play a 1-2 with someone.He really needs to be anchored in front of defense,this may release space in attack but it also ridiculously exposes the back four.More cost than gain IMO...

Well, it depends. Against Dortmund, Song stayed back for almost the whole match because he needed to. Against Bolton, there was absolutely no need for him to stay at the back, so it was definitely the better option for him to go forward. And it's not as if he's hindering our attack; he's the one that slipped Gervinho through for the opener vs Blackburn and he scored a goal today too.
So it all depends on the situation I suppose, and as long as he is wise in choosing whether the situation requires him to attack or defend, we'll be fine.
Maybe we're actually rotating all our three midfielders together now too....you never know what the plan really is.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:48 pm

If Song had stayed back, I'd have another ten points in the prediction thread Crying or Very sad

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:01 pm

I expect to see some changes v Olympiakos on Wednesday night with Sunday's derby in mind.

Could see Sagna and Van Persie rested with Jenkinson and Chamakh coming in possibly.

I expect Rosicky, Arshavin and Santos to start.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:56 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:I expect to see some changes v Olympiakos on Wednesday night with Sunday's derby in mind.

Could see Sagna and Van Persie rested with Jenkinson and Chamakh coming in possibly.

I expect Rosicky, Arshavin and Santos to start.
the derby and premier league is more important at the current situation.. So i hope RVP has a good rest and Walcott is back...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:00 am

Iceman wrote:

Well, it depends. Against Dortmund, Song stayed back for almost the whole match because he needed to. Against Bolton, there was absolutely no need for him to stay at the back, so it was definitely the better option for him to go forward. And it's not as if he's hindering our attack; he's the one that slipped Gervinho through for the opener vs Blackburn and he scored a goal today too.
So it all depends on the situation I suppose, and as long as he is wise in choosing whether the situation requires him to attack or defend, we'll be fine.
Maybe we're actually rotating all our three midfielders together now too....you never know what the plan really is.

I didn't see the Dortmund game,but if you let him decide when is the time to go and when not an eventual mistake is imminent.

Imagine Eagles scored that counter on 1-0...Song nowhere to be seen.If he was where he was supposed to there would be no counter.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:21 am

VibeTribe wrote:
Iceman wrote:

I didn't see the Dortmund game,but if you let him decide when is the time to go and when not an eventual mistake is imminent.

Imagine Eagles scored that counter on 1-0...Song nowhere to be seen.If he was where he was supposed to there would be no counter.
I agree, but our attack was doing horribly in the first half, so he had no choice but to push up and try to help. If you didn't watch the Dortmund game, then that's a perfect example of him staying back and doing a textbook DM performance. In big games he stays back, actually.

But come on, it's Bolton and we're at home in desperate need of a win.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:41 am

Not a game goes by without Song receiving some sort of criticism.

We're an attacking team by nature. Every player in the team bar the goalkeeper is encouraged to be forward thinking: the centre backs are encouraged to take the ball out of defence and play, full backs are told to push on, etc etc.

Now in a game where the other team has their whole team behind the ball and are playing for a draw, what use is a defensive midfielder? You may as well have him push forward and be an extra man.

That Eagles' counter is hardly the best example of poor defensive midfield play. People forget that Song is actually decent in the air and thus is useful for set-pieces. In fact, a lot of defensive midfielders go up for set-pieces and corners. I don't see how Song would've been at fault had Eagles scored since we had two men on the cover. If Gibbs or Sagna failed to cover properly, that's not Song's fault.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:10 am

Well well well...based on pl.ratings (not justfrom last game !)and MY "advanced "LOOL OPINION ! We shouldn't sign gervinho-benayoun-maybe park-i havent seen him yet but !" hope im wrong" Mertesaecker - hmm He doesn't looking fit in ASN ! imo

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:03 pm

Gervinho has been one our best players up front this season...
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Emaharg wrote:Gervinho has been one our best players up front this season...
Oh don't worry, Goalol criticises everyone that doesn't score 50 goals a season :lol!:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:49 am

Emaharg wrote:Gervinho has been one our best players up front this season...

Won't say one of the best tbh. He has potential to be one of the best in the PL, just adapting atm. He is used to shoot a lot, at lille he wasnt a passer, he was more of a shooter.

Doesnt work that way at Arsenal, despite us moaning players arnt shooting enough
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:14 am

Gervinho annoys me a bit, in that he seemingly passes up opportunities to pass, cross or shoot in favour of dribbling. Undoubtedly he's very skilled with the ball, but I think so far he's lacking that ruthlessness. Even his first touch has let him down this season.

Of course he is till adapting to a new league and style, so he probably will get better. Doesn't mean I won't get annoyed when he runs into dead ins and passes to anywhere but a team mate.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:27 am

I actually want Gervinho to start shooting more. In Lille, he had a great scoring record for a winger. Of course, under Wenger we're probably going to see a lot more passing an dribbling rather than shooting.

He's only spent a few months here, but I know long term he's going to grow into a great player.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:36 am

Woww@ Sushi : glad 2see U man !...what the hell is happpening to Mertesacker..LOOL ..i guess u should knoW best Razz ...Honestly...all players who has just signed 4 ASN aren't doing enough -but in fact they should give the max..like evryone around !..that's my point

@beatb! Right Wink

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:09 am

I just get pissed when he shoots instead of passing...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2