Lord Spencer
EarlyPrototype
guest7
lenear1030
xabi
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lionel's biggest mistake... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lionel's biggest mistake...

Post by Magricos Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Btw xabi you don't have your numbers correct anyway :facepalm: Messi scored the game before the Copa America which was like 5 games ago :facepalm:

Does he have say 0 in the last 17 competitive matches then ? Afro

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Argentine has a wonderful number of talented players, Messi cant do it alone. Wait for Pastore, Banega, Lamela to step up.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:25 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Xabi was countering this:

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t8996-cristiano-s-biggest-mistake?highlight=cristiano

Same could be said about Ronaldo, who knew Barca would be this dominant. Rolling Eyes

Any person with football knowledge and a tactical nuance. It was so obvious the way Barca continued to improve. Plus, the fate of the Galacticos version 1 was another thing that made this whole scenario predictable.

Not true, when Real Madrid bought Alonso, Kaka, Ronaldo and Benz I am pretty sure even you thought to yourself that oh well maybe Real might actually beat Barca to the silverware.

Not really, I expected Barca to dominate based on their Spain performance and Messi development rate. I knew that if Madrid buys all of the star players in the universe, it would take them at least a year to click off. When Pelligrini was hired, I knew he was going ot get fired because Perez will have no patience. Hence, there will have to be another year.

All the while, Barca's performance was only getting better, and they are already a jelled team. One deciding factor in their La Liga dominance is their football style, which basically batters smaller opposition into submission.

As a Milan fan, I knew Kaka was injury prone and would take a long time to gel. Benz was always going to be nervous with that price tag, RM is his first big club. The fact that RM did not shore well in defense was also a tell on their lack of prospects. They had no WC full backs at the time (Marcelo was not WC, ans Sergio Ramos is a better CB), and full backs are very important to a team's success (see R. Carlos).

It was obvious that the Madrid project would need more time, while the Barca project is getting better.
dont break your brains trying to make sense of things that YOU wont find.

this post is hilarious and is humor and trolling at a nice level.

let it be.

Listen son, you were 14-15 when C. Ronaldo came to Madrid. Don't you talk about things you have no hope of understanding. "humor and trolling", first, I see nothing humorous on the post other than the fact you can't understand basic arguments.

Second, I don't troll. If you see facts as trolling, then good luck in life.
Now jog it on, I have no time to waste.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Magricos wrote: How is Thiago not loyal ?

I think he means that Thiago only picked spain because atm their better than brazil
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:38 pm

I know what he meant but Thiago has been a part of the Spanish youth system for years.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t8996-cristiano-s-biggest-mistake?highlight=cristiano

Same could be said about Ronaldo, who knew Barca would be this dominant. Rolling Eyes

Any person with football knowledge and a tactical nuance. It was so obvious the way Barca continued to improve. Plus, the fate of the Galacticos version 1 was another thing that made this whole scenario predictable.

Not true, when Real Madrid bought Alonso, Kaka, Ronaldo and Benz I am pretty sure even you thought to yourself that oh well maybe Real might actually beat Barca to the silverware.

Not really, I expected Barca to dominate based on their Spain performance and Messi development rate. I knew that if Madrid buys all of the star players in the universe, it would take them at least a year to click off. When Pelligrini was hired, I knew he was going ot get fired because Perez will have no patience. Hence, there will have to be another year.

All the while, Barca's performance was only getting better, and they are already a jelled team. One deciding factor in their La Liga dominance is their football style, which basically batters smaller opposition into submission.

As a Milan fan, I knew Kaka was injury prone and would take a long time to gel. Benz was always going to be nervous with that price tag, RM is his first big club. The fact that RM did not shore well in defense was also a tell on their lack of prospects. They had no WC full backs at the time (Marcelo was not WC, ans Sergio Ramos is a better CB), and full backs are very important to a team's success (see R. Carlos).

It was obvious that the Madrid project would need more time, while the Barca project is getting better.

let it be.

Listen son, you were 14-15 when C. Ronaldo came to Madrid. Don't you talk about things you have no hope of understanding. "humor and trolling", first, I see nothing humorous on the post other than the fact you can't understand basic arguments.

no offence but, I didint know that obivous football knowledge was only meant for adults, nice immaturity right there Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

let it be.

lol you got offended that easily? you took the op seriously?

take a chill pill Laughing stop being so defensive, i was 14-15? you have no argument here spencer, you are not saying anything other than ranting and trying to personally offend im someway, and then now jog on no time to waste, as if there was something to be won... tsk tsk
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:50 pm

The xcx wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

let it be.

no offence but, I didint know that obivous football knowledge was only meant for adults, nice immaturity right there Very Happy

We always say that footballers need experience, lawyers need experience, professors need experience.
Football fans need experience as well. Not as pivotal, but judging and analyzing knowledge requires experiance.

Experience comes with age.

It is a fact of life that analyzing knowledge improves with age.
Knowledge can be read by many people, however their understanding of it differs.
Age is not the all and be all, but it is an important factor.

If he does not see the "obvious" advantages Barca had over Madrid back in 2008 then he does indeed need experience to understand the "obvious".
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

let it be.

We always say that footballers need experience, lawyers need experience, professors need experience.
Football fans need experience as well. Not as pivotal, but judging and analyzing knowledge requires experiance.

Experience comes with age.

It is a fact of life that analyzing knowledge improves with age.
Knowledge can be read by many people, however their understanding of it differs.
Age is not the all and be all, but it is an important factor.

If he does not see the "obvious" advantages Barca had over Madrid back in 2008 then he does indeed need experience to understand the "obvious".
lol i told you, that the op's post was nothing to take seriously, and to not waste time trying to make sense out of something that has no such thing,and here you make assumptions about what i understand and mean.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:54 pm

@TMO;

I misread your post. And for that I apologize.

I did indeed see the humor in Xabi's post, but wanted to humor him by writing a serious answer. Hoping to end this thread before it turns into a flame fest. Which I was bout to contribute to Lionel's biggest mistake... - Page 2 1625187496

Although your posting was not very clear, I should have read it more carefully before posting.

P.S: I replied to the XCX before rereading your post.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:@TMO;

I did indeed see the humor in Xabi's post, but wanted to humor him by writing a serious answer. Hoping to end this thread before it turns into a flame fest. Which I was bout to contribute to Lionel's biggest mistake... - Page 2 1625187496

Although your posting was not very clear, I should have read it more carefully before posting.

so i can assume that you have realized your grave mistake in telling me things that i think you would find ridiculous to repeat?

i tell you, dont waste ur time on such a topic, for your own time.

you sort of tell me i dont understand football in general and that im inept.. Laughing no harm taken
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:59 pm

we we we wait one more thing, i think you though i ment that i was calling you a troll.. oh no i wasnt... lol
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:59 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:@TMO;

so i can assume that you have realized your grave mistake in telling me things that i think you would find ridiculous to repeat?

i tell you, dont waste ur time on such a topic, for your own time.

you sort of tell me i dont understand football in general and that im inept.. Laughing no harm taken

Yes Embarassed
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Well, this thread wasnt created purely on trolling purposes. Without any trolling I do think that Messi could had become the greatest of all time if he had played for this Spain side instead of Argentina.

Reason is because he would be amazing in Spain, he already knows all his team mates from before. Spain would have been like an exact copy of barcelona in attack and midfield. It would have been built around messi and his national stats would have been amazing too. And most important off all people would be saying things like "It is thanks to the great Messi spain won its first ever world cup" would he have been a part of the winning team. But he is never going to be GOAT now, not even close as long as he keeps choking with his national team.
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Messi is an epic fail in your sig by the way Xabi

Last edited by Nishank on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:42 pm

If he played Spain people would call him GOAT. Football is very unfair isnt it. If you were born in golden era of your country then you are lucky if not then GTFO (not GOAT)
But i personally would not support him if he played for Spain and Camoranezi is the player that i hate the most from deep inside
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:47 pm

xabi wrote:Is it choosing Argentina infront of Spain?

His ultimate goal is clearly to become the best. His personal critics is very much dependent on National team. At Spain not only he would avoid the handicap of 0 goals in 17 games. but he would also be playing in an arguably better team compared to Argentina.

Spain was far more competitive in Europe as well in recent years,and imagine them having Messi in attack rather than old Torres and then yet unpolished diamond Navas.Not to mention last world cup finals where messi could have been a crucial figure.Del Bosque didn't trust Silva enough to keep discipline so he started Torres,who missed most of last season through injury and was barely even noticed on the field. Iniesta started on the left and Xavi in the center...messi could have given Del Bosque far more options.He could have even started in attack alongside Villa instead of Torres,but I shouldn't go into butterfly effect now.

Anyhow,winning with Spain would certainly bring him more points in eyes of the viewers and governing bodies over the individual awards. Even in the same scenario where Spain won the WC final ...He's still young and physically superior not only to Torres but to any other player IMO,which means he'll probably last longer despite being older.I feel Argentina will be far more competitive from now on,but it doesn't cancel out the fact he missed out on a lot in these years he spent at Argentina rather than Spain.

Cristiano-Messi debates and league wars would be closed
now.. the national team is ruining everything Lionel's biggest mistake... - Page 2 2859867778
First time, you made me smile Very Happy Good job xabi Very Happy +1
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:52 pm

he did the right thing,he had more reasons to play for Arg than Spain.I also think Thiago had more reasons to chose us but oh well...

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:24 pm

Nishank wrote:Messi is an epic fail in your sig by the way TMO.
what do you mean?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by tikitaka Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:25 pm

OP is clearly a troll.
tikitaka
tikitaka
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:28 pm

tikitaka wrote:OP is clearly a troll.

Your trolling in the chatbox was great though .. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 pm

In retrospect, Spain would have been a better choice
Imagine the lineup!

But back then, he had no idea what Spain would be able to do
Who knows, maybe Spain will flunk hard in the next decade and onwards and Thiago will have missed the opportunity to play for Brazil who just happened to have won 3 straight World Cups. Could happen.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 pm

He should have played for italy seeing as he's italian ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2