jibers
Omniscient
Messi
Harmonica
BarrileteCosmico
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Romario: I was better than Maradona - Page 2 Empty Re: Romario: I was better than Maradona

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:31 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:R9 was better than Romario in my opinion
Exactly. Romario had really bad luck in an age were Ronaldo existed. If we're remembering iconic Brazilians there are just too many to name in that era. Apart from Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo, Ronaldihno who came later...

I'm not saying he was a bad player, he's a great player. Just not one to be remembered in the same breath as the GOATs.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Romario: I was better than Maradona - Page 2 Empty Re: Romario: I was better than Maradona

Post by Ali Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:38 pm

jiopsi wrote:
The BoyWonder wrote:Romario has scored 1000+ goals during his career. only Pele can match that. so not that silly claim after all, but he could of course just be joking.
Including friendly, imaginary and fantasy goals?

it's like your avatar is talking to you banana
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Romario was fracking good at what he did.

But he and Maradona did different things and had different styles. Comparing them is silly.

Romario is a legend though, no question.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:52 pm

My fondest memory of Romario was watching him cry like a girl when he wasn't selected for the 1998 WC side. Also, his partnership with Bebeto was something to remember which is odd as both really are polar opposites when it comes to personality (and drinking habits).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:40 pm

jiopsi wrote:
The BoyWonder wrote:Romario has scored 1000+ goals during his career. only Pele can match that. so not that silly claim after all, but he could of course just be joking.

Vasco da Gama 326 410 0.79
PSV Eindhoven 163 165 0.98
FC Barcelona 45 84 0.53
Flamengo 204 240 0.85
Valencia CF 14 21 0.67
Fluminense 48 77 0.62
Al Sadd SC 0 3 0
Miami FC 22 15 1.47
Adelaide United 1 4 0.25
Brazil NT 56 74 0.76
Brazil Olympic 15 11 1.36
Youth years 77 127 0.61
Others 21 13 1.61
Total 1047 1256 0.80
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Romario > Maradona

U MAD?

FACT is he is right there is nothing Maradona ever did that Romario didnt do infact one could argue Romario had a more successful career.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:53 pm

jiopsi wrote:
:bow: Thumbs up What a Face

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

looooooooooool. Boywonders imagination is affecting history now.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:16 pm

jibers wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

looooooooooool. Boywonders imagination is affecting history now.

Yes, he made the whole thing up.

On May 20, 2007, Romário scored his 1000th goal, a penalty kick against Sport Recife, playing for Vasco da Gama. The Brazilian press claimed him as one of few players in professional football history to achieve this, like Pelé and Puskás[5] The 1000th goal drew much attention from both Brazilian and international press, with the game being stopped for over 20 minutes to allow for celebrations from his fans.[6][7][8][9] There is some controversy over the validity of the 1000 goals as it claim is somewhat inaccurate, because Romário's research team counted his goals in junior, friendly and non-official games.[10][11]
FIFA congratulated Romário on his milestone goal[12] but stated he is still officially on 929 goals, as 77 came in youth football, with others being scored in friendly matches.[13]
In 2008 Romário released a DVD with the best goals of his career totaling 900 goals in the disc.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Ronaldo (Brazilian one) >>> All
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:43 am

Yeah, and Muller is better than Pele.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:26 am

I really need to see Maradona play man, where the hell can I download a bunch of old games? I have tried a few torrent websites but I can't really find crap, only some major world cup finals and stuff.....

I didn't even get to watch Romario play much since I started watching football in '98... In my opinion there is no GOAT, it can't be defined, different era's, positions etc.

Even when I say R9 is the GOAT it has no substance because I have only been watching football for 13 years lol... He will always be my fave no matter what but if I find somebody better than he was I won't be blind to admit it, all credit to them
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2